1050 ripping fans for Schitty hate...

CobraVerde

This was a team loss for sure. The blame can be shared because the defense was just so bad tonight. BUT we can all say that there is usually something about the offense to complain about. The jets D is solid but occasionally they do have a brain fart. The real fear i think many of us have inside is that this offense isnt consistent enough to bail them out. We have the talent. Our players are solid. But there is something that isnt clicking and im willing to try an new offensive scheme. You know Bill Callahan's Raiders led in passing when they went to the SB the year he coached them. I would be interested in seeing him take the offensive reigns with Plax and Holmes and Sanchez's arm throwing down field.

Lets see

When the running game was there for the taking Shotty was at times running 4 WR sets with an empty backfield. This is bad for 3 reasons

1. It seemed obvious they were preparing for us to throw and we played right into their hands

2. If the running game is working and you want to mix in more throws than normal why not use play action more rather than making it obvious your going to throw ?

3. Its pretty well documented when going up aganist a HOF QB you want to keep him off the field so if the running game is getting it done why start drives off running for 7 yards a pop then abandon it when the defense is obviously having problems stopping it ?

The running game was working because thats what the Pats were giving us early on. So rather than force their hand we forced our own right out of any chance to win this game. This one is NOT on Sanchez and I feel very little this year has been on him. We delt with the O-Line issues nearly getting him killed, we deal with lazy a$$ WR's who are capable of the spectacular catch now and them but serious lack consistency and good motors.

The reason I blame Shotty more than any of the other crap I saw on this night was because he played right into Belichicks hands.

When will this guy put together at least a few good games in a row ?

This was a team loss for sure. The blame can be shared because the defense was just so bad tonight. BUT we can all say that there is usually something about the offense to complain about. The jets D is solid but occasionally they do have a brain fart. The real fear i think many of us have inside is that this offense isnt consistent enough to bail them out. We have the talent. Our players are solid. But there is something that isnt clicking and im willing to try an new offensive scheme. You know Bill Callahan's Raiders led in passing when they went to the SB the year he coached them. I would be interested in seeing him take the offensive reigns with Plax and Holmes and Sanchez's arm throwing down field.

He Ran a ball control west coast offense that basicly turned Gannon from a JAG to having one of the best seasons ever by a QB. Gannon was no gun slinger he gave to ball to his play makers and they made it happen. Just like the 49ers of the 80's Stack your back field with RB's and FB's who can catch the ball out of the backfield along with quick WR's that excell in YAC and running slants and then let the talent do its thing. Shottys offense is terrible by design.

Today wasn't Schotty's fault. McKnight, Greene and Mark all had some really bad plays (execution).

We all know McKnight has Issues receiving punts from when he first got here its not an easy thing to do, you either have it or you dont and McKnight should be for KO only, not punts, in what amounts to a mid season playoff game. Leonhard recieved the punt before McKnight for a reason so why did we put the shakey Mcknight in ? Bad Call and I called the possible fumble as soon as they said he was back their. In such a big game why Put McKnight back there ?

Lets see

When the running game was there for the taking Shotty was at times running 4 WR sets with an empty backfield. This is bad for 3 reasons

1. It seemed obvious they were preparing for us to throw and we played right into their hands

2. If the running game is working and you want to mix in more throws than normal why not use play action more rather than making it obvious your going to throw ?

3. Its pretty well documented when going up aganist a HOF QB you want to keep him off the field so if the running game is getting it done why start drives off running for 7 yards a pop then abandon it when the defense is obviously having problems stopping it ?

The running game was working because thats what the Pats were giving us early on. So rather than force their hand we forced our own right out of any chance to win this game. This one is NOT on Sanchez and I feel very little this year has been on him. We delt with the O-Line issues nearly getting him killed, we deal with lazy a$$ WR's who are capable of the spectacular catch now and them but serious lack consistency and good motors.

The reason I blame Shotty more than any of the other crap I saw on this night was because he played right into Belichicks hands.

If we ran the ball and still lost a whole bunch of people would be saying why we did not take advantage of their weaknesses.

This game proves the JETS are not that offense that can take advantage of pop warner passing defenses.

We need to ground and pound and then make those 15-25 yard play action throws to be successful. If our running game stalls like it does against good defenses like Ravens or Steelers than lord have mercy. Thats why i believe we might not be doing that much.

A passing offense that cannot stretch the field is not going to get it done by passing alone. The defenses know what amount of turf they have to defend before the play and deep routes aint one of them. Add to that the questionable pass protection and you have the makings of a pathetic passing offense.

We all know McKnight has Issues receiving punts from when he first got here its not an easy thing to do, you either have it or you dont and McKnight should be for KO only, not punts, in what amounts to a mid season playoff game. Leonhard recieved the punt before McKnight for a reason so why did we put the shakey Mcknight in ? Bad Call and I called the possible fumble as soon as they said he was back their. In such a big game why Put McKnight back there ?

He fumbled but if only he knew how to sit on a ball. Was it Strickland that had the ball and let it get away. And how did Wilkerson not recover that fumble from Brady. A lot of blame. At the end of the day still get a feeling we might have squeaked by if we had made a couple of plays on the field and the whole world would be taking of the Brady safety and the fumble and how we kept their running game in check. But we made one bad play after the other,

Offensive game planning 101: Stick to your core competency first before going to something else. In other words, make the other team stop you at what you do BEST before relenting to something you don't do as well. The Jets are a rushing/play action pass offense. They need to try and establish the run FIRST in EVERY game in order for them to be successful throwing the ball. The amazing thing about tonight is that when they DID run the ball in the first half, they did it well, averaging almost 5 yards a carry. However, inexplicably, they went away from the run AND the play action, continually going into shotgun spread formations and 5 wide, minimum protection sets, even inside the 10 yard line. I'll NEVER understand the logic. In my opinion, tonight they saw they were playing the 32nd ranked pass defense in the NFL, and got coaxed into going away from what they do well. Run the ball and throw the ball off of play action. That is what the Jets are and there is nothing wrong with that. If a team comes in a focuses on stopping what you do well and they have success, THEN you adjust. The Patriots did not stop the Jets tonight ... the Jets stopped the Jets tonight and did the Patriots a favor by voluntarily going away from their "bread and butter" before they had to...

Schottenheimer continues to try and force the Jets to be an offense that they clearly are NOT, and as the head coach, Rex is just as responsble for letting it happen.

And speaking of the head coach and HIS defensive game plan ... hey Rex, can you see what other teams are doing to beat the Patriots? It's called P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E !!! Pressing the WR's, jamming the TE's at the line of scrimmage, and getting after Brady. Rex employed way to may 3 man rushes tonight, and at critical points in the game that killed us. You need to get guys in Brady's face all night to beat him.

And while we're on the preparation of the defense ... you think we can get guys lined up at the snap of the ball? I mean, is this the first time we've played the Patriots or a no-huddle offense? Jesus Christmas! How many times was the #1 WR not covered at the snap because we had guys running on and off the field due to late defensive play calls. Holy Christ!

The team played awful this week.

And the coaching staff was just as dreadful.

If we ran the ball and still lost a whole bunch of people would be saying why we did not take advantage of their weaknesses.

This game proves the JETS are not that offense that can take advantage of pop warner passing defenses.

We need to ground and pound and then make those 15-25 yard play action throws to be successful. If our running game stalls like it does against good defenses like Ravens or Steelers than lord have mercy. Thats why i believe we might not be doing that much.

A passing offense that cannot stretch the field is not going to get it done by passing alone. The defenses know what amount of turf they have to defend before the play and deep routes aint one of them. Add to that the questionable pass protection and you have the makings of a pathetic passing offense.

You don't go away from what you do well unless you have to, no matter who you're playing.

You're a rushing offense, That's what you do well. Make them stop you. If they do, THEN you go to plan B.

The Jets were able to run the ball tonight and did the Patriots a favor by trying to something they don't do well when they didn't have to.

That simple.

You don't go away from what you do well unless you have to, no matter who you're playing.

You're a rushing offense, That's what you do well. Make them stop you. If they do, THEN you go to plan B.

The Jets were able to run the ball tonight and did the Patriots a favor by trying to something they don't do well when they didn't have to.

That simple.

Not saying you are wrong. But we are all MMQBing. So it all makes perfect sense now.

But before the game the whole world wanted the JETS offense to exploit the Pats weaknesses in passing defense. Does not make it the right strategy but it was the general feeling.

He fumbled but if only he knew how to sit on a ball. Was it Strickland that had the ball and let it get away. And how did Wilkerson not recover that fumble from Brady. A lot of blame. At the end of the day still get a feeling we might have squeaked by if we had made a couple of plays on the field and the whole world would be taking of the Brady safety and the fumble and how we kept their running game in check. But we made one bad play after the other,

Sorry man but you dont blame people not recovering fumbles of a fumbler.

And you seem to be missing the point on the running game and how it ties in with Shotty. The running game was there for us early, we were ramming it down their throats, there was no reason to get fancy or crazy becuase as long as we hold on to the football thats how long Brady is NOT ON THE FIELD. A good Offensive coordinator should recongnize this and EXPLOIT it. By Continueing to run the ball we would be dictating to the Pats and would have forced their hand to adjust the defense (then you NAIL EM with Play Action) instead we played right into their hands by trying to throw too early and too often. You think Belichick didnt know he was having Issues in the secondary ? Do you think he just didnt bother to coach those guys up coming into this game ? It was obvious they were playing the pass . We actully got a few first downs just by running the football on more than one occasion yet abandoned it to throw yet again and we fooled no one, hence playing right into their hands. Also how many times are we going to call plays for a Running back who cant catch the football ? When does it become Obvious that if he does not handle the ball with an entire defense behind him that it will be up for grabs on his drops or tips like tonight ? How many times do we have to watch while our WR's seem to run lazy or inncorrect routes ? is it the QB or the WR's ? I tend to think its the WR's becuase you constantly saw Sanchez barking at them on what seemed to be bad routes tonight. I side with Mark for one reason he seems to be a gym rat and from all we hear about the kid he studies his play book religiously he knows this offense does Santonio ? Does Plax ? maybe Plax is getting a bit better now that hes been here but Im not sold on Santonio.

Offensive game planning 101: Stick to your core competency first before going to something else. In other words, make the other team stop you at what you do BEST before relenting to something you don't do as well. The Jets are a rushing/play action pass offense. They need to try and establish the run FIRST in EVERY game in order for them to be successful throwing the ball. The amazing thing about tonight is that when they DID run the ball in the first half, they did it well, averaging almost 5 yards a carry. However, inexplicably, they went away from the run AND the play action, continually going into shotgun spread formations and 5 wide, minimum protection sets, even inside the 10 yard line. I'll NEVER understand the logic. In my opinion, tonight they saw they were playing the 32nd ranked pass defense in the NFL, and got coaxed into going away from what they do well. Run the ball and throw the ball off of play action. That is what the Jets are and there is nothing wrong with that. If a team comes in a focuses on stopping what you do well and they have success, THEN you adjust. The Patriots did not stop the Jets tonight ... the Jets stopped the Jets tonight and did the Patriots a favor by voluntarily going away from their "bread and butter" before they had to...

Schottenheimer continues to try and force the Jets to be an offense that they clearly are NOT, and as the head coach, Rex is just as responsble for letting it happen.

And speaking of the head coach and HIS defensive game plan ... hey Rex, can you see what other teams are doing to beat the Patriots? It's called P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E !!! Pressing the WR's, jamming the TE's at the line of scrimmage, and getting after Brady. Rex employed way to may 3 man rushes tonight, and at critical points in the game that killed us. You need to get guys in Brady's face all night to beat him.

And while we're on the preparation of the defense ... you think we can get guys lined up at the snap of the ball? I mean, is this the first time we've played the Patriots or a no-huddle offense? Jesus Christmas! How many times was the #1 WR not covered at the snap because we had guys running on and off the field due to late defensive play calls. Holy Christ!

The team played awful this week.

And the coaching staff was just as dreadful.

That simple.

Thank You !

Not saying you are wrong. But we are all MMQBing. So it all makes perfect sense now.

But before the game the whole world wanted the JETS offense to exploit the Pats weaknesses in passing defense. Does not make it the right strategy but it was the general feeling.

No Monday morning QB'ing ... Not me.

I don't want to patronize anybody, or come off as someone who thinks they know it all, so I hope nobody here takes it that way, but I did run a high school offense for 7 years, and as a coach I've attended literally hundreds of coaching clinics listening to pro and college coaches. I've heard offensive guys like Spurrier and Meyer speak about running an offense. I've also heard defensive guys like Pettine and Nolan speak about coaching defense.

And almost every coach I've ever listened to ALL say the same thing ...

On Offense, DO WHAT YOU DO BEST and make the other team STOP YOU before going to something else. Don't voluntarily try and be something you're not unless you're forced to.

On Defense ... Take away what the other team does best and make them beat you doing something they don't do as well.

The Jets did not execute tonight ... that's on the players.

But the game planning was awful, and that's on the coaches.

Leonhard getting the punt right before that one definitely makes the decision that much worse.

Leonhard getting the punt right before that one definitely makes the decision that much worse.

Good point, Max.

I was wondering why Leonhard wasn't back there, too ... especially after he fielded the one before.

Guess they were looking for a better chance at a big return.

Someone call Jody Mac and tell him JetNation says we need group therapy.

Can't sleep? Call Jody Mac and ask him for a favor. He is doing the Jets Post-Post game show on ESPN NY starting at 2am. Jet fans can blow off steam with me @ 800 919 3776.

Lets see

Wouldn't playing into their hands be running it since that is what they were giving us, as you state?

Good point, Max.

I was wondering why Leonhard wasn't back there, too ... especially after he fielded the one before.

Guess they were looking for a better chance at a big return.

Thats exactly what they were looking for JW. But the guy has always been shakey recieving punts its not like we were getting blown out at that point it was just a bad decision. I would not have brought it up (the decision) but I was sitting there thinking it and sure enough he muffed it. Im no NFL coach but this crap seems obvious. You want to mess with McKnight receiving punts do it during the Jaguar game do it in Denver on Thursday not aganist the Pats.

I still can't figure this one out...

1st and 10 - run for 4 yards

2nd and 6 - run for 3 yards

3rd and 3 - empty the backfield so the Pats know it's a pass, their D pins their ears back, Sanchez gets sacked. WHY NO PLAY ACTION?

This loss isn't on Schotty, but who really cares? He's beyond awful at his job, and deserves every bit of criticism that he gets. For all I care he could get fired over something that is absolutely not his fault whatsoever and I would still be thrilled, because he's done more than enough things in his 6 years of ineptitude to get himself fired. Let's just call it karma.

The way I see it is everything on the offensive side of the ball is on Shotty be it good or bad. When you are the OC with a defensive minded head coach then the offense on the field is your product. Even if it's the execution it still falls on the OC be it in training/practicing or not replacing the right people. It's just like any other business where as if a certain department is failing to live up to expectations then that department head needs to go. If the whole company is not then it's time for a change of CEO. and so on...

How can anyone look at the 49ers this year and think that coaching is not one of the most important aspects of the team.

This loss isn't on Schotty, but who really cares? He's beyond awful at his job, and deserves every bit of criticism that he gets. For all I care he could get fired over something that is absolutely not his fault whatsoever and I would still be thrilled, because he's done more than enough things in his 6 years of ineptitude to get himself fired. Let's just call it karma.

Shotty still being here is like dealing with Joe Walton through out the 80's its mind blowing.

Sorry man but you dont blame people not recovering fumbles of a fumbler.

And you seem to be missing the point on the running game and how it ties in with Shotty. The running game was there for us early, we were ramming it down their throats, there was no reason to get fancy or crazy becuase as long as we hold on to the football thats how long Brady is NOT ON THE FIELD. A good Offensive coordinator should recongnize this and EXPLOIT it. By Continueing to run the ball we would be dictating to the Pats and would have forced their hand to adjust the defense (then you NAIL EM with Play Action) instead we played right into their hands by trying to throw too early and too often. You think Belichick didnt know he was having Issues in the secondary ? Do you think he just didnt bother to coach those guys up coming into this game ? It was obvious they were playing the pass . We actully got a few first downs just by running the football on more than one occasion yet abandoned it to throw yet again and we fooled no one, hence playing right into their hands. Also how many times are we going to call plays for a Running back who cant catch the football ? When does it become Obvious that if he does not handle the ball with an entire defense behind him that it will be up for grabs on his drops or tips like tonight ? How many times do we have to watch while our WR's seem to run lazy or inncorrect routes ? is it the QB or the WR's ? I tend to think its the WR's becuase you constantly saw Sanchez barking at them on what seemed to be bad routes tonight. I side with Mark for one reason he seems to be a gym rat and from all we hear about the kid he studies his play book religiously he knows this offense does Santonio ? Does Plax ? maybe Plax is getting a bit better now that hes been here but Im not sold on Santonio.

You are making the assumption that Schotty is a good offensive co-ordinator!

No Monday morning QB'ing ... Not me.

I don't want to patronize anybody, or come off as someone who thinks they know it all, so I hope nobody here takes it that way, but I did run a high school offense for 7 years, and as a coach I've attended literally hundreds of coaching clinics listening to pro and college coaches. I've heard offensive guys like Spurrier and Meyer speak about running an offense. I've also heard defensive guys like Pettine and Nolan speak about coaching defense.

And almost every coach I've ever listened to ALL say the same thing ...

On Offense, DO WHAT YOU DO BEST and make the other team STOP YOU before going to something else. Don't voluntarily try and be something you're not unless you're forced to.

On Defense ... Take away what the other team does best and make them beat you doing something they don't do as well.

The Jets did not execute tonight ... that's on the players.

But the game planning was awful, and that's on the coaches.

Isn't that contradictory. Because if the players were executing doesn't the game plan look like a work of genius ?

What the hell are you taking about ?

BTW... I like paragraphs. :)

At this point Schotty is not a good offensive co-ordinator. And the type of talent that Pats had at DB position if you cannot take advantage you are not just bad in the passing offense but you downright horrible.

And that,s correct. Our receivers played like they just took the night off. To look at them frozen in the end zone on one play when Sanchez was trying to keep the play alive or see Santonio miss the KILL audible, it was downright awful.And the less said about Keller the better.

So if this team is looking at any lessons they can take from this game is its RUN and then RUN some more than set up play action pass in the 15-25 yard range. Because with the set of WRs we have we aren't stretching the field nor can our line protect the QB!

Now this does not absolve Sanchez of his performance. You see him making mistakes that by the 3rd year in the league these mistakes should not be happening.

Overall a gutless performance.

Hopefully they do better in Denver!

Isn't that contradictory. Because if the players were executing doesn't the game plan look like a work of genius ?

Not contradictory.... what hes saying is they sucked at every level but the play calling always seems to suck. Last night the Pats came in with a game plan to stop the pass, they basicly gave us the run, and Shotty in his infinite wisdom, passed at an alarming rate right into what the defens was designed to stop when this team was on a roll the past few weeks running the football. Everything Shotty did last night was aganist what a normal coach would do and he played right into Belichicks hands.

If Sanchez is guilty of anything hes guilty of being too damn nice and not speaking his mind. if i were him i would be in Rex;s office begging him to get that idiot the hell out of the organization

Not contradictory.... what hes saying is they sucked at every level but the play calling always seems to suck. Last night the Pats came in with a game plan to stop the pass, they basicly gave us the run, and Shotty in his infinite wisdom, passed at an alarming rate right into what the defens was designed to stop when this team was on a roll the past few weeks running the football. Everything Shotty did last night was aganist what a normal coach would do and he played right into Belichicks hands.

If Sanchez is guilty of anything hes guilty of being too damn nice and not speaking his mind. if i were him i would be in Rex;s office begging him to get that idiot the hell out of the organization

It is contradictory. Because if we were able to pass against what was essentially a glorified practice squad and won the game we won't be having this conversation.

Most QBs have to live with the co-ordinator's. But if at this point of time the HC and the front office does not know how horrible Scotty is then they are not as good as we think they are.

I cannot blame this loss entirely on Sanchez. But he did make a few mental mistakes last nite.

I still can't figure this one out...

1st and 10 - run for 4 yards

2nd and 6 - run for 3 yards

3rd and 3 - empty the backfield so the Pats know it's a pass, their D pins their ears back, Sanchez gets sacked. WHY NO PLAY ACTION?

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

I was screaming of the top of my lungs every time he did this and everytime he did it seemed to back fire. but as someone else mentioned as horrible a play call as it was I blame rex more cause he's the F*cking Coach and he needs to put his foot down and say enuf with the Bullsh#t

the missed FG and the pick 6 ruined this game for us. momentum is huge in the nfl and those two were killers. -end tangent-

BUT to answer the question of this post,

these type of drives (below) are on the OC.. FIRST DRIVE OF THE SECOND HALF, its 13-9 we just got a nice 3 and out, we were still in the game and what do we do?????????

1st-10, NYJ45 13:19 M. Sanchez incomplete pass to the left

2nd-10, NYJ45 13:14 M. Sanchez incomplete pass to the left

3rd-10, NYJ45 13:10 M. Sanchez incomplete pass to the left

4th-10, NYJ45 12:57 T. Conley punt, touchback

"ground and pound" my left nut. schotty is pathetic

Archived