How is Plaxico an upgrade ?

JetsFanInDenver

Thank you Plaxico Burress for having another wonderful game and being a total upgrade over that worthless headcase Braylon Edwards.

Without your 2 huge first down receptions on the game winning drive, we'd be up sh*ts creek. The one hander on the sideline was a thing of a beauty and a game saver.

Oh and congrats on your 7th TD on the season. You've been a great help to Mark Sanchez in the red zone.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So did Santonio Holmes until Sanchez was his QB. Holmes is plenty of a deep threat, and should be a better pair with Plaxico than with Edwards. Even though he still stinks, technically Sanchez's numbers are better with Holmes/Plaxico than they were with Holmes/Edwards.

Ahhh....so Mark Sanchez can never improve, its only the receiver tandem that can improve. Gotccha!

He ain't all that. Frankly if you were such a fan of the team you'd be celebrating the Jets finally letting someone go at the right time instead of keeping for years longer than we wanted with a bad contract.

He sucks now anyway and is struggling to keep his numbers up to the level of the great Josh Morgan (despite playing 2 more games than Morgan). You harp on Plaxico's not-so-ironman status and yet it's Edwards who has missed 4 games to Plaxico's zero.

So you are saying if Braylon had stayed here he would have met with the same exact play and injury. Anyone who says yes to that should stop following football and maybe takeup on following curling!

Basically nothing you have said holds any water other than Edwards being a better deep threat than Plaxico. And to that the Jets (and 30 other teams) yawned, "Big whoop. Let someone else sign him."

Simple question. In your years you have never seen all teams being wrong about a player ?

Think about it, only the JETS were interested in Plax. Even the Giants the team he had played for passed on him.

P.S : You do have a great cheerleading outfit rooting for you! Next time provide them with some poms poms!

P.S : You do have a great cheerleading outfit rooting for you! Next time provide them with some poms poms!

Just because you are a glutton for punishment and we enjoying pointing it out doesnt mean we are cheerleaders for Sperm. I think he's totally overrated but with that said, I've never seen someone get dominated in the way you are in this thread.

Although, I'll give you credit, the balls to come and fight more after Plaxico saved the game for us today is very impressive. I'll be your cheerleader any day once you give me something to cheer about.

Ahhh....so Mark Sanchez can never improve, its only the receiver tandem that can improve. Gotccha!

So you are saying if Braylon had stayed here he would have met with the same exact play and injury. Anyone who says yes to that should stop following football and maybe takeup on following curling!

Simple question. In your years you have never seen all teams being wrong about a player ?

Think about it, only the JETS were interested in Plax. Even the Giants the team he had played for passed on him.

:face:

Stay down!!!

First of all not response to signing Plax when there were so many red flags. And these red flags were illustrated by you.

Being injured is not an excuse. It is with 100% certainty you'd be holding that against Plaxico if he was the one injured instead, adding it to your list of reasons why signing Plaxico instead was dumb. Yet when Braylon misses time you automatically excuse and absolve it.

Edwards has missed 4 games and done next to nothing in the games he's played, and this has got to be the silliest, most unjustified fan complaint in years. Hell, I could understand it before the season started. But Edwards is both awful and unreliable this year.

In curling its not. But you gotta be kidding me when you say being injured is not an excuse. There are some injuries you can play with. Some you cannot. On that same token you are down on Kerley and Miles Ausitn and every player who cannot play with injuries. Really I though you were better than that!

Now Plaxico is a player where before signing his durability should have been a concern. Because he was not as yet on the team and he was coming after a 2 and half season hiatus. Hopefully he last all season and post season if we make it.

He flat-out dropped 3 passes including a TD that went through his hands vs Arizona this year and got pulled for Kyle friggin' Williams. He has zero 40-yard plays, zero 30-yard plays, and two 20-plays this year.

I did not see the game so i cannot comment on that. But with us he had just 1 dropped pass and 5 40 plus yard plays.

We run all those short patterns now because the OL is terrible and Sanchez stays in one place like a punching bag. He doesn't buy time on his own so with the pass-blocking woes Schottenheimer, rightly or wrongly, has relied much more heavily on quick, short timing patterns than the prior 2 seasons.

Ahh the Schotty is a great co-ordinatior club has one more member. I am not in that club. But being fair one reason we have struggled is our lack of ability to stretch the field. That makes the job of opposing defenses that much easier!

Today the OL played great. How many 40+ yard plays did we have ?

Just because you are a glutton for punishment and we enjoying pointing it out doesnt mean we are cheerleaders for Sperm. I think he's totally overrated but with that said, I've never seen someone get dominated in the way you are in this thread.

Although, I'll give you credit, the balls to come and fight more after Plaxico saved the game for us today is very impressive. I'll be your cheerleader any day once you give me something to cheer about.

Plax had a great play on that 4th quarter drive. No doubt about that. That was amazing to watch as a JETS fan,.

But given he is a replacement for Braylon Edwards did not see him out there as a deep threat. Heck if we had one deep threat on this offense most probably we do not have the game this close!

Plax had a great play on that 4th quarter drive. No doubt about that. That was amazing to watch as a JETS fan,.

But given he is a replacement for Braylon Edwards did not see him out there as a deep threat. Heck if we had one deep threat on this offense most probably we do not have the game this close!

So what you are saying is, if the Jets had Braylon Edwards, we'd have won in a blow out?

Archived