What would be a "reasonable" trade package for Peyton Manning

nj meadowlands

Now, I am extremely reluctant on the idea of trading for Peyton. Just two days ago, his own dad said he "wasn't sure" if Peyton would be able to go in 2012. To trade for someone with a neck condition that hasn't fully healed, especially considering the haul we'd have to give up, is a really risky proposition, and we would look like FOOLS if it didn't work out.

That being said, Peyton is one of my favorite players in NFL history-- if he is truly healthy, and the price is right, I would love to see him in green and white next season.

But what price is right? 2 first rounders? Is that too high? A first and a second? A first and a decent player?

What do you all see as a reasonable package to put together to get this guy (again, IF he is healthy, and IF the Jets really feel he's the right now solution.)

There should be no reason to trade for him. The Colts are staring at an unmanageable roster bonus without any ability to renegotiate his contract before then. If they plan on drafting Luck, they're going to end up cutting him. Might as well just wait for that, unless they can get him for really cheap in a trade in order to avoid any sort of free agent bidding war.

There should be no reason to trade for him. The Colts are staring at an unmanageable roster bonus without any ability to renegotiate his contract before then. If they plan on drafting Luck, they're going to end up cutting him. Might as well just wait for that, unless they can get him for really cheap in a trade in order to avoid any sort of free agent bidding war.

This.

Peyton isn't getting traded. He has to be cut or kept. The Colts can't push back his $28 million bonus.

Now, I am extremely reluctant on the idea of trading for Peyton. Just two days ago, his own dad said he "wasn't sure" if Peyton would be able to go in 2012. To trade for someone with a neck condition that hasn't fully healed, especially considering the haul we'd have to give up, is a really risky proposition, and we would look like FOOLS if it didn't work out.

That being said, Peyton is one of my favorite players in NFL history-- if he is truly healthy, and the price is right, I would love to see him in green and white next season.

But what price is right? 2 first rounders? Is that too high? A first and a second? A first and a decent player?

What do you all see as a reasonable package to put together to get this guy (again, IF he is healthy, and IF the Jets really feel he's the right now solution.)

None he will either be released or remain a Colt, the NFL PA won't let him push back his roster bonus.

Archived