Top 10 Jet Moments

Maxman

I have one personal favorite memory that could be squeezed in on the next go round: I got the exact info off the web so that everyone could enjoy this trip down memory lane:

O.T. Thriller: "In one of the most memorable games in club history, the Jets topped Miami 51-45 in a wild overtime contest. Ken O Brien threw a perfect strike to Wesley Walker from 21 yards out on the final play of regulation to tie the score. In OT, Walker caught a club record 4th TD on a 43-yard bomb at the 2:35 mark. (Sept. 21, 1986)." The teams set an all-time NFL single-game record for passing yardage with 884. Ken O'Brien of the Jets threw for 449 yards and four touchdowns, and Dan Marino of the Dolphins passed for 435 yards and six TDs. The Jets won in overtime 51-45 on a 43-yard scoring pass from O'Brien to wide receiver Wesley Walker.

I have one personal favorite memory that could be squeezed in on the next go round: I got the exact info off the web so that everyone could enjoy this trip down memory lane:

O.T. Thriller: "In one of the most memorable games in club history, the Jets topped Miami 51-45 in a wild overtime contest. Ken O Brien threw a perfect strike to Wesley Walker from 21 yards out on the final play of regulation to tie the score. In OT, Walker caught a club record 4th TD on a 43-yard bomb at the 2:35 mark. (Sept. 21, 1986)." The teams set an all-time NFL single-game record for passing yardage with 884. Ken O'Brien of the Jets threw for 449 yards and four touchdowns, and Dan Marino of the Dolphins passed for 435 yards and six TDs. The Jets won in overtime 51-45 on a 43-yard scoring pass from O'Brien to wide receiver Wesley Walker.

Great job - Tyson!

The thing I remember about 1998 was going down the stretch thinking no one could beat us. I really believed that the Jets were the best team that year. An looking back what a freakin roster that was.

Great job - Tyson!

The thing I remember about 1998 was going down the stretch thinking no one could beat us. I really believed that the Jets were the best team that year. An looking back what a freakin roster that was.

That playoff game was cold...I remember that day. They won easily. Simply amazing. I thought it was going to happen that year, really did.

That is a very memorable one Raffy! Oh the years when we could score... =D>

I was only 10 years old and had only been a fan for 2 or 3 years at that time so I thought we were going to be an offensive juggernaut forever. Now I'm 29 and bitter because we're just plain old offensive. :(

BTW, this is easily THE BEST THREAD EVER ON THIS SITE! I'm not kidding, for the first time all season I actually feel happy about being a Jets fan. So we lose badly every week and there doesn't appear to be any immediate end to the misery, big deal. I realize now that you have to take the bad to get the good and right now, even with all the garbage this year and in the past, the good memories outweigh the bad - you just have to focus on them a little harder.

I think I have just talked myself into going to the New Years Day game. :shock:

BTW, this is easily THE BEST THREAD EVER ON THIS SITE! I'm not kidding, for the first time all season I actually feel happy about being a Jets fan. So we lose badly every week and there doesn't appear to be any immediate end to the misery, big deal. I realize now that you have to take the bad to get the good and right now, even with all the garbage this year and in the past, the good memories outweigh the bad - you just have to focus on them a little harder.

I think I have just talked myself into going to the New Years Day game. :shock:

Raffy....Great Post. No doubt this year has been miserable. But better days are out there. It won't always be this bad.

Injuries, bad luck, bad coaching...it is all going wrong this year. They will turn it around. And when the Jets win it all, a bunch of us will be able to say that we were there ALL ALONG. The ride may be long but we will get there.

I have FAITH.

Raffy....Great Post. No doubt this year has been miserable. But better days are out there. It won't always be this bad.

Injuries, bad luck, bad coaching...it is all going wrong this year. They will turn it around. And when the Jets win it all, a bunch of us will be able to say that we were there ALL ALONG. The ride may be long but we will get there.

I have FAITH.

I will and thanks. One thing, I really don't want to be like those 80 year old bitter Red Sox fans that are so f'ing annoying you want to kick them in the mouth, but for some reason I see the Jets doing that to me. I blame my parents for becoming a Jets fan because we had a black and white television in 1984 (amazing I know). I rooted for the Jets because their games were always exciting to watch whereas the Gints really bored me for some reason. What does a black and white tv have to do with it??? My favorite color was blue (my pop warner team color) and I likely would have become a gints fan because of color scheme (you know how kids think, at least then) and would already have two SB's under my belt! Oh well, suffernig will only make the prize taste that much better and it's funny how you can always blame your parents for what ails you! :wink:

Where are all the AFC Championship game victories and Super Bowl victories? #-o

Is that the best you got? Seriously you used to be good. Real good. Now look at you.

I was thinking you would come out with something like this....

Tyson coming up with 10 must have been rough.

My #1 moment has to be the Monday Night Miracle. I still remember going to school the next day and everyone coming up and making fun of me. And the look on their faces when I told them to kiss my ass, followed by the final score.

The flashlight game is up there too, as is the 2002 season.

My #1 moment has to be the Monday Night Miracle. I still remember going to school the next day and everyone coming up and making fun of me. And the look on their faces when I told them to kiss my a$$, followed by the final score.

The flashlight game is up there too, as is the 2002 season.

yeah, the same thing happened to me. I was a senior. Damn, I cant believe thaat was 5 years ago already.

troll--im right there with you guys, ive only been a fan since a couple years before the parcells era...so a lot of those games i never saw(was too young)...but i remember sitting in my living room when the fourth quarter started...about to go to bed when something inside me just....made me stay up...next thing you know im waking up the entire house im soo estatic. I'll never forget the look on jumbo elliots face after that touchdown catch--nor will i forget being able to, just like you,laugh at all my friends who thought we lost. The single proudest moment ive had soo far as a jets fan.

and true...there might not have been any of those moments the past couple years...but they are coming...like max said...it could be a while, but once they come, and we FINALLY win the big one(even though i joked we might be cursed)...it'll feel better than any other teams superbowl victory--guarantee it

I had the chance to meet Wesley last month in Charlotte when the Jets played the Panthers. Really nice guy both him and Adrian Murrell. (They were having a Jets party at a place called Jocks & Jills)

Got them both to sign my hat they were just great guys to talk to.

Great time. Too bad I couldn't stay for the game.

That was joebabyny. If he pulls this off, he will be a tailgating legend.

Legend isn't even the word, oh wait, yes it is! :mrgreen:

I need to get on board that train, Joebabyny, where art thou, we need to know if we get our fix down in south beach.

Archived