Sparano's 1 on 1 with Eric Allen

bkjetfan

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Tony-Sparano-1-on-1/17a80240-89a1-4628-9b47-f5d4cfcabdd6

I love the emphasized points on:

1. identity (with shotty we never knew our identity this past yr.)

2. physical (we tried to be with shotty but his play calling didnt prove it by the last 2 games we could have won)

3. chunk plays (20+ yard plays, hard to believe Miami was 6th or 7th in 20+ yard plays ... shotty called 95% of his plays within 10-15 yards making it 10 times easier to defend)

also in the radio interview

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/audio/113-Tony-Sparano-Conference-Call/721a7091-2526-4314-8953-5490db28aa70

1. system fits the players - best point a coordinator could emphasize i think (basically we've never used plax right, never use holmes to his full potential and shotty tried to make mark look like brady/brees)

i think we got everything we wanted from sparano. oh yeah for the year he was an actual playcaller with dallas in 2006, heres a tweet from Manish Mehta.

"In Tony Sparano's only yr as playcaller, 2006 Cowboys finished 5th in total offense & passing offense with 21 rushing TDs. Impressive."

SOUNDS REAL GOOD RIGHT NOW! CAN'T WAIT!!!

This is a lot like spring football. Everything will sound great. Quotes from the players will all be positive and how everything is improving. And then they hit the field in preseason.........I will reserve judgement until I see them on the field.

It will not be difficult to improve over schotty in my opinion. His offense has way to much complication in it for a 7 yard out. Lots of movement and such, but he wasn't fooling anyone most of the time. We all knew it. We all would call it out during the games. Opposing players have gone and called the Jets predictable. Hell we couldn't even exploit the Patriots 32 ranked defense this season while they were reeling.

It's time to simplify things and play to our players strengths. I watch all of these other games, as I know everyone else here does, and WR's are flying around finding pockets in the defense all day long. Our guys are motioning like crazy and then all three Wr's are doing a 5 yd button hook on a 3rd and 7. It's, IMO, just over thinking our offense.

I do not know what we will see this year, but taking out all of the bells and whistles that schotty used to fool only himself is going to be a breath of fresh air.

It will not be difficult to improve over schotty in my opinion. His offense has way to much complication in it for a 7 yard out. Lots of movement and such, but he wasn't fooling anyone most of the time. We all knew it. We all would call it out during the games. Opposing players have gone and called the Jets predictable. Hell we couldn't even exploit the Patriots 32 ranked defense this season while they were reeling.

It's time to simplify things and play to our players strengths. I watch all of these other games, as I know everyone else here does, and WR's are flying around finding pockets in the defense all day long. Our guys are motioning like crazy and then all three Wr's are doing a 5 yd button hook on a 3rd and 7. It's, IMO, just over thinking our offense.

I do not know what we will see this year, but taking out all of the bells and whistles that schotty used to fool only himself is going to be a breath of fresh air.

In order for the offense to improve they can key on two areas:

1. Maintain the same red zone accuracy as last season

2. Cut down on turnovers

If they do that, and nothing else, they are going to be okay. This defense can be a top D again if they stop spotting the other team points. You can't have all 3 and out on offense but if they can run again and improve the time of possession, they are going to be fine.

I for one am excited. If he sticks to what he said in that interview we will see a much improved offense. Once we get the RT and WR issues settled it will be exciting. I have held off on criticizing Sanchez, however this coming year I feel his NFL career is on the line. There will be no more excuses for him.

In order for the offense to improve they can key on two areas:

1. Maintain the same red zone accuracy as last season

2. Cut down on turnovers

If they do that, and nothing else, they are going to be okay. This defense can be a top D again if they stop spotting the other team points. You can't have all 3 and out on offense but if they can run again and improve the time of possession, they are going to be fine.

Exactly. If we can protect Sanchez well and run the ball well I can see the turnovers being dramatically reduced. The 3 and outs are a big problem as well ( momentum, and rest of the D) and one of the things I am hoping the changes we are seeing in our coaching staff rectifies.

Archived