Thank you tebow

aec4

They attack because there is NO POINT . Once you get the haters on the ropes they either dissapear from the thread or resort to childish name calling. Thats the only fact, and there are numerous threads to prove this point.

The point is that Sanchez had a much better supporting cast when they dragged him to the playoffs... So you can't squawk about Sanchez winning playoff games and not give Tebow the same credit

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oof. Never said Tebow was a better QB, but I don't think there's any question that he's a better leader and you won't ever see his teammates question his commitment to the game the way Sanchez's teammates repeatedly have.

As for the organization being non-committal to starting Tebow moving forward, I think it's a safe bet that the Jets front office has the same concerns with Sanchez, my friend. The difference is that Elway and Fox aren't the ones who drafted Tebow, so they have the luxury of putting the team's future success ahead of saving face after making a bad pick. Rex and Tannenbaum are married to Sanchez and if and when they put him down, it's entirely on them.

Great point! Plus Sanchez was an earlier pick and had a bigger bonus so bigger investment

The point is that Sanchez had a much better supporting cast when they dragged him to the playoffs... So you can't squawk about Sanchez winning playoff games and not give Tebow the same credit

CTM I give Tebow credit I just think he has a lot to overcome to be a consistent winning QB you cant expect him to be a bulldozing running QB for long and not break down at some point.

Nope. Denver won because of Tebow. That defense was 1-4 with Orton.

The whole offense changed with tebow. They had a bunch of teams they could beat on their schedule and tebow didn't turn it over. Orton did. When tebow started fumbling they went back to losing.

Hess I think just like the article said Sanchez was hurt for the last 6 games of the season . I noticed a problem with his release and it seemed like he WAS compensating for something bothering him. I think he played through a lot of pain. I think with all the issues this team went through on offense last year we need to just give him a pass and see what happens going forward. I mean the Jets had so many issues that hurt the offense as a whole its hard to just blame one guy. Its obvious the Jets had an issue with the coaching staff since they are all unemployed and for the most part cant even get hired in the NFL .

I don't see any other options tbh unless a Manning miracle. He's going to be the QB next year. I still hope he's the next Drew Brees. He still could be. He could. I don't see it. But he could. I'm going to root for him like crazy next year just like every other fan. But rooting and hoping isn't the same as believing.

CTM I give Tebow credit I just think he has a lot to overcome to be a consistent winning QB you cant expect him to be a bulldozing running QB for long and not break down at some point.

That's fair, and I agree. I think Sanchez is better then tebow, but the playoff wins argument is bunk when trying to make him out to be something more then he is.. He's been a bad QB thus far, there's really no metric that says otherwise

Tom you are probably correct when it comes to leadership its definetely something Sanchez needs to take hold of and run with. But when it comes to playing QB Tim Tebow needs a complete overhaul since his issues playing the position seem to be very deep rooted mechanic's wise . If he can respond and make the changes to his delivery and speed up his release he can probably be a pretty good QB but you have to know he will still rely on the run a lot and thats never good going aganist playoff caliber defenses. Also keep in mind Im not sure there has ever been a QB like this that was able to completely change like the Broncos need this kis to do. You told me in the SF/NO thread the niners would be looking for another QB next year then Alex Smith promtly lit it up and brought his team victory all while going 13-3 during the season. Tim Tebow had some nice 4th quarters by lulling teams to sleep who had to respect the run and hit WR's running wide open down the field which is much different than leading sustained drives consistently throughout a game so your not in that position every freakin game. Funny how people reward Tebow for his 4th quarter heroics but they refuse to reward Sanchez for all of his 4th quarter comebacks which happen to be just as impressive along with 4 playoff road wins that some other QB's just cant seem to pull off.

A lot of stuff here:

1. Tebow shouldn't be Denver's primary QB. He should get 5-6 snaps at QB, line up in the backfield and block, catches 4-5 passes and be your special teams captain. Do you remember the old Dolphin Jim Jensen? That's what he did, and it was an extremely valuable role, one I think Tebow would be great at.

2. Sanchez is a better passer than Tebow, this is true. Personally, I don't think either one is the guy you want to have starting for your team long-term.

3. Alex Smith does the bare minimum at QB for SF and, while he showed a lot of guts yesterday, the Niners would have been been up by 3 TDs if they had a top-flight QB under center. He wastes a lot of plays because he simply doesn't have the ability that better QBs do, and I think Harbaugh knows it.

4. Jason posted a list he compiled using his own metric that showed that there are about 8-10 really good QBs in the league and the rest are below average to bad. When you compare Sanchez to Tebow to Alex Smith, the end result is that at the end of the day, you still can and should upgrade at that position.

I don't see any other options tbh unless a Manning miracle. He's going to be the QB next year. I still hope he's the next Drew Brees. He still could be. He could. I don't see it. But he could. I'm going to root for him like crazy next year just like every other fan. But rooting and hoping isn't the same as believing.

if you WANT Sanchez to be the next Drew Brees then you have to get him 3 or 4 explosive RB's and 4 very tall very strong WR's and a 6-6 TE thats not a pussy. Seriously Drew Brees never has that comeback yesterday without being able to dump the ball to Sproles 15 times. And heave up jump balls to his all world TE. Sorry but the Jets are not even in the same universe when it comes to the talent the Saints put out on that field.

A lot of stuff here:

1. Tebow shouldn't be Denver's primary QB. He should get 5-6 snaps at QB, line up in the backfield and block, catches 4-5 passes and be your special teams captain. Do you remember the old Dolphin Jim Jensen? That's what he did, and it was an extremely valuable role, one I think Tebow would be great at.

2. Sanchez is a better passer than Tebow, this is true. Personally, I don't think either one is the guy you want to have starting for your team long-term.

3. Alex Smith does the bare minimum at QB for SF and, while he showed a lot of guts yesterday, the Niners would have been been up by 3 TDs if they had a top-flight QB under center. He wastes a lot of plays because he simply doesn't have the ability that better QBs do, and I think Harbaugh knows it.

4. Jason posted a list he compiled using his own metric that showed that there are about 8-10 really good QBs in the league and the rest are below average to bad. When you compare Sanchez to Tebow to Alex Smith, the end result is that at the end of the day, you still can and should upgrade at that position.

Tom... when it comes to Smith lets see how he responds next year when hes actully been in an offensive system for 2 years in a row for the first time in his career. If the Niners want to replace someone it should be Ted Ginn and trust me I guarantee they will get some skill players in there this year with Harbaugh running the show I guarantee it. Smith will ony get better as will the odffense since the defense is young and really has no weaknesses.

if you WANT Sanchez to be the next Drew Brees then you have to get him 3 or 4 explosive RB's and 4 very tall very strong WR's and a 6-6 TE thats not a pussy. Seriously Drew Brees never has that comeback yesterday without being able to dump the ball to Sproles 15 times. And heave up jump balls to his all world TE. Sorry but the Jets are not even in the same universe when it comes to the talent the Saints put out on that field.

That actually worked against him though. Had Graham not scored so quickly, no time left for SF to drive. I've long had the opinion that Brees isn't as good as the true top guys, but there's no question he's infinitely better then Sanchez and any other QB not named Rodgers, Brady or Manning

So if there are only 8-10 good QBs, how are the Jets to get one? The don't just grow on trees and the drafting history of this team is pretty terrible. They have had opportunities to get great QBs and every time did something else. Sanchez is the QB for now. That won't change for at least another year. There is no point in arguing about how terrible he is but we should be discussing how to make the team around him better (because there are a ton of holes).

That actually worked against him though. Had Graham not scored so quickly, no time left for SF to drive. I've long had the opinion that Brees isn't as good as the true top guys, but there's no question he's infinitely better then Sanchez and any other QB not named Rodgers, Brady or Manning

Oh hey I was saying the same thing EY and you have said both teams scored too quickly allowing the other to come back

Chan I would never at this stage in Sanchez career compare him to any of the greats in the game. All Im asking is that we get some talent around him. I think he has the tools and needs a little coaching up. I think you will see a drastic difference in Sanchez this comming year with the change in OC but we still lack explosive talent. I recognise Holmes can be explosive but Im sure his stupidity comes into play we need a RB and Help on the O-line and a true number 1 WR to be able to ever compare Sanchez with the big boys. If anyone thinks Drew Brees can throw for 5400 yards with the jets current offense they need their heads examined,

Sure ya did....around what game four of this season? Prior to that you sported him in your avatar. You are the Santonio Holmes of Jet fans and far too concerned about being a " I told you so" guy. At least you sign your name to your comments.

Being that I tried to support him after being dead set against even drafting the kid, would actually mean the opposite...I'm not a told you so guy. Really couldnt care less...much rather have a great QB.

But whatever, believe what you will.

Being that I tried to support him after being dead set against even drafting the kid, would actually mean the opposite...I'm not a told you so guy. Really couldnt care less...much rather have a great QB.

But whatever, believe what you will.

JIF did you just say your not a "told ya so" guy ?

So if there are only 8-10 good QBs, how are the Jets to get one? The don't just grow on trees and the drafting history of this team is pretty terrible. They have had opportunities to get great QBs and every time did something else. Sanchez is the QB for now. That won't change for at least another year. There is no point in arguing about how terrible he is but we should be discussing how to make the team around him better (because there are a ton of holes).

I agree with all of this. However, Tannenbaum makes $2+ mil a year to go out and find 53 good football players, especially one he can put behind center. He doesn't get a pass for not being able to draft one simply because it's difficult.

Chan I would never at this stage in Sanchez career compare him to any of the greats in the game. All Im asking is that we get some talent around him. I think he has the tools and needs a little coaching up. I think you will see a drastic difference in Sanchez this comming year with the change in OC but we still lack explosive talent. I recognise Holmes can be explosive but Im sure his stupidity comes into play we need a RB and Help on the O-line and a true number 1 WR to be able to ever compare Sanchez with the big boys. If anyone thinks Drew Brees can throw for 5400 yards with the jets current offense they need their heads examined,

Well he can't do it cause we play outdoors and on grass... But Brees would put up good numbers and make the pro bowl, of that I have no question

I agree with all of this. However, Tannenbaum makes $2+ mil a year to go out and find 53 good football players, especially one he can put behind center. He doesn't get a pass for not being able to draft one simply because it's difficult.

What's the deal with you and Tanny, I've never lauded him the way some people used to around here. But the reality is that since he's taken over we've made the playoffs 3 times in 6 years all without a decent QB.. I can understand being down on him, but you are fixated on him similar to how smash was with schotty or is with santonio

What's the deal with you and Tanny, I've never lauded him the way some people used to around here. But the reality is that since he's taken over we've made the playoffs 3 times in 6 years all without a decent QB.. I can understand being down on him, but you are fixated on him similar to how smash was with schotty or is with santonio

He's a one trick pony who has never scouted, never worked in any player development capacity and never coached. He's at the complete mercy of a dubious scouting department and his coaching staff. You will never see a Super Bowl with this man as your GM. He's a bean counter who has final say on all personnel moves. He sucks.

That's it pretty much.

He's a one trick pony who has never scouted, never worked in any player development capacity and never coached. He's at the complete mercy of a dubious scouting department and his coaching staff. You will never see a Super Bowl with this man as your GM. He's a bean counter who has final say on all personnel moves. He sucks.

That's it pretty much.

All fair... lol

That's it pretty much.

agree 100 %

When you draft a QB that high your next thing you need to accomplish is put that QB in the best situation to succeed, I believe Tanny succeeded at that in 09-10, but completely failed at it in 2011, he gets another offseason to right the ship let's see what happens. No matter who the QB, whether it be Brady, Brees, Rodgers, ect. the GM's job is to make sure he has the tools to do his job, in these guys case the GM's job is to make sure they have what they need to continue being great, just because you have the great QB doesn't mean you put your feet up and let him make you look good, and stop working if you do that you will lose your job (Polian).

That's it pretty much.

The truth to this is what is getting him in trouble here with Rex. Rex knows his defense, but has no clue on offense, so when Rex tells Tanny I need a guy to help with ground and pound, man that Ducasse kid is big he could really help I want him, Tanny nods an says as you wish my master, same with Connor. And then his blindness to players who have helped beat his teams like Holmes, he wants those guys at all costs, and now we see the cost. Let Rex coach, and someone else needs to make the personnel decisions, Rex should be considered in the thought process but not the final decision, with Rex's bravado you need some checks and balances above him. Tanny has not done this, and if he doesn't start this offseason it will surely cost both there jobs.

Archived