Upgrading the DL should not be ignored

Barton

You can tell he a bust from his limited play this year? I can't. Gotta give him the three year rule. He's not playing an easy position, there is a lot of mental work that goes into that position. You can't be good at it until you learn that stuff.

BTW didn't it take Pouha like 4-5 years until he became what he is now

Well just to push the conversation along...Pouha spent most of those years constantly getting hurt. Then he made a deal with the Devil and switched HP with Jenkins.

It's an idea. He's going to end up going in the 11-20 range to someone. While I would not count out the idea, it does seem very unlikely that they would take him.

I agree. But I think they're fools if they dont at least consider it/research the player extensively.

Seriously? Last year's draft was entirely dedicated to it. Developmentally it's the one unit on the team where we're stacked for the future. The DL rotation is the one thing this team has going for it. Say what you want about Rex but the dude can pick 'em. Dixon and Ropati check out and Ellis is a Ngata clone in the making by 2013 or so. Pouha and DeVito clearly haven't lost a step at all. Wilkerson is certainly legit. On a 3-man front I'm not sure what more you guys are looking for.

This. There's a lot of personnel already in place here that now needs to be supplemented with smaller OLBs that can run and chase. I think with the DL we have in place, Rex doesn't have to be as reliant on his linebackers to hold the point in the run game and can make some concessions there. The team desperately needs a closer to rush from the edge, even if he's not a 270 lb run stuffer.

It does suck that draft picks get like 20 minutes before fans have their career story written out.

Name of the game. Everyone conveniently forgets Pouha's career timeline now that he's been a monster for a long enough amount of time, but there's a reason why mid-rounders are mid-rounders. DT's who can play right away don't tend to last to that point in any draft.

• 8 months later...

Archived