Potential Jets Draft Pick – Dontari Poe

JetNation

Did people not learn from gholston ignore everything about the combine. This dude is a athletic freak but he didn't produce in q crappy conference and is known for taking plays off. DO NOT WANT!

Poe was the number one NT during the season way before the combine and every 350lb NT takes plays off. He's a tank and is going to eat up blockers and free up LBs and DEs.

you can draft Brandon Thompson or Ta'amu 2 or 3 rounds later and have the same effect. People are going to convince themselves Poe is Ngata. and that's not really accurate.

I agree, I just said he's the best NT in the draft and have also said and had Ta'amu in my mock. I don't want us to draft a NT in the 1st round, I rather go with OLB, ILB or WR.

Also if we're planning on running more of a 4-3 I hope we get Martin, I think the kid is going to be a stud.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a different opinion.

It's hard to list all of the concerns that I have about Dontari, but I'll try. He is lazy, doesn't dominate, is easy to move and block, does not require double teams to be ineffective, does not burst off the line consistently or change the line of scrimmage. Dontari does not shoot the gaps, does not communicate with teammates on the field, lacks situational football intelligence, doesn't use his arms to shed blocks and make tackles -- in fact, when he does, it's by accident. He doesn't put his hands up if he can't get to the QB, doesn't push the pocket and has no knowledge of the fundamentals of his position. Dontari also does not exhibit strong mental stamina but, in his defense, he carries his weight very well. He does not look his size, which leads me to believe that he must have a good work ethic off the field because he is in excellent shape. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. The big question is, why is this kid in such good shape and still plays like he isn't in good shape? Maybe he just plays when he wants to...ya think?

Full profile here!

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/Dontari.Poe.shtml

Poe is gone Top 10. Ingram is gone Top 10.

Won't argue that someone will pay the kid...just the profile asks a good question...something I hope our FO keeps in mind.

Why is this kid in such good shape and still plays like he isn't in good shape?

Why is this kid in such good shape and still plays like he isn't in good shape?

I dont understand what people expect. He's 350 pounds. He's not going to get a million sacks. Even if he is a great athlete. the only recent big DT who produced like a DE for 4 years was Suh. Most of these guys have only a few impact plays even at the college level.

Archived