No Super Bowl Prediction from Rex at this years Combine.

JustInFudge

http://profootballta...errible-season/

Rex: Guarantee was “huge mistake” before “terrible season”

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 23, 2012, 3:25 PM EST

r-ryanhonors.jpg?w=141 Getty Images

Most coaches step to the podium at the Scouting Combine and just wait for questions. Rex Ryan makes a short speech.

In last year’s speech, he guaranteed the Jets would make the Super Bowl. (Again.) In this year’s speech, Rex regretted last year’s speech.

“It was a huge mistake to make that guarantee,” Ryan said. ”In hindsight, I think it put undue pressure upon our team. . . . Obviously we had a terrible season. I’ll take full responsibility for that.”

It says something about Ryan’s success in New York that 8-8 is a “terrible season.” Ryan said he had an idea of what will happen in next year’s Super Bowl, but he will keep that to himself.

“Looking forward, first off no promises. We’re going to have a team now. I think we’ll have the potential,” Ryan said, smiling with a pause, “to do great things.”

Rex knows this isn't a top tier team at this point and there's a long way to go. He also knows he made himself and the team look like fools.

He's a good coach though, and hopefully he can get us there. They need an influx of young talent though, besides a QB who isn't awful.

Archived