Sanchez Back in town

flgreen

Sanchez Back in Town and Ready to Go

Posted by Randy Lange on March 15, 2012 – 10:07 am

After a couple of quiet months, Mark Sanchez popped back into the news late last Friday when he signed an extension with the Jets. Sanchez was away for some time, but he reappeared at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center on Wednesday.

“That month or so, whatever it was right after the season, I honestly just got away,” Sanchez told newyorkjets.com in an exclusive two-part interview that will air on the site this week. “You want to put each season in its place. And you understand after a tough season like last year there’s going to be criticism — take it on the chin and move on. And that’s kind of what I was doing.

“I was getting away from it for a while, letting my body rest, letting my mind rest, more importantly, and I think that was the most important thing. Talking to everybody around the league, they said, ‘

Hey, man, just get away for a while. Let yourself relax and come back ready to go.’ And I’ll be ready.’”

Sanchez and the Jets appeared ready for a third consecutive trip to the playoffs last December and then the season abruptly ended after three consecutive losses. The 25-year-old QB tossed five touchdowns in losses to the Eagles, the Giants and the Dolphins, but he was picked off seven times, lost two fumbles and was sacked 11 times down the stretch.

“Now it feels like from the outsiders’ perspective that the sky is falling — ‘OK, it was two special years and that’s it and these guys are done,’ ” he said. “That was different That’s different than I’ve ever experienced in my life. It was just a good reminder of the balance in this league, how tough things are and how much fun it is to actually play and get those opportunities, how much how we want to win those games and how close we are.”

It seems like yesterday that the Jets move up in the 2009 NFL Draft to take Sanchez with the No. 5 overall selection. But he already has 31 career wins on his résumé and he’s looking forward to getting a few more with the Green & White.

“It’s been a fast start, getting thrown into the mix early like that. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I wouldn’t go back and change anything,” he said. “I love what I’m doing, I love the guys around me and I’m just happy to be here.”

“It’s been a fast start, getting thrown into the mix early like that. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I wouldn’t go back and change anything,” he said. “I love what I’m doing, I love the guys around me and I’m just happy to be here.”

Just proves he throws those INTs on purpose, amiright? He doesn't care enough. Hot dogs. Shirtless. Mexican. Coddled. Etc.

Call me crazy, but I have faith the FO and coaches will get the Jets back on the right track, it is all going to fall on Sanchez.

I think most of the problems last year were caused by the FO and their lack of any kind of guiding football philosophy. Ground-and-pound team! Success with it! Go out and get receivers and change in one offseason to a team that wants to constantly air it out! ...ok. In making that change, they let holes develop elsewhere, and the team wasn't very good at anything, really. Plus their personnel choices were questionable.

ETA: then, when they tried to go back to ground & pound, they were surprised that they weren't as good as it as they would have liked. SHOCKING.

I think most of the problems last year were caused by the FO and their lack of any kind of guiding football philosophy. Ground-and-pound team! Success with it! Go out and get receivers and change in one offseason to a team that wants to constantly air it out! ...ok. In making that change, they let holes develop elsewhere, and the team wasn't very good at anything, really. Plus their personnel choices were questionable.

I agree, but despite that I think they will get back to business, fill holes, and get the team turned around.

The rest will ride on Sanchez, IMO.

Archived