Mark Sanchez on Brian Schottenheimer, offensive identity, etc.

F.Chowds

I think you'd find a pretty strong correlation. I'm sure it wouldn't be perfect, and you'd focus only on the outliers, but I think Brees, P. Manning, Rodgers, Eli Manning (2nd time), Big Ben (not every time) would all be in there. Brady's earlier career probably wouldn't be in there, but the rules have changed even over those years that Brady's Super Bowls aren't even all that relevant to how the game was played. Brady's been to two Super Bowls now when I'm sure he was in there.

It's never going to be perfect when analyzing one game. That's why it's better to look at win over the course of the entire season with lots of games for a more appropriate sample size

Packers had the best YPA, and were 15-1 #1 seed

Pats were 2nd and were 13-3 #1 seed

Giants were 3rd and were eventual SB winners

Saints were 4th and were 13-3

Steelers were 5th and were 12-4

those teams + SF and Baltimore were the best teams in football last year..

2010's SB participants were #2 and 3 in the stat

2009's was #3 and #10 (Manning being the #10)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm, exactly. That's exactly right and the reason is that Sanchez is a bad player. He's a bad player by just about any stat you want to look at. He's a bad player in the minds of most NFL observers. He's a bad player in the minds of 99.9% of NFL fans. It's really only a very vocal minority of moonbat jets message board warriors that think the guys any good. Heck, some of hsi teammates even think he's a bad player

Ha.

Funny part is, even Sanchez thinks Sanchez sucks.

It's never going to be perfect when analyzing one game. That's why it's better to look at win over the course of the entire season with lots of games for a more appropriate sample size

Packers had the best YPA, and were 15-1 #1 seed

Pats were 2nd and were 13-3 #1 seed

Giants were 3rd and were eventual SB winners

Saints were 4th and were 13-3

Steelers were 5th and were 12-4

those teams + SF and Baltimore were the best teams in football last year..

2010's SB participants were #2 and 3 in the stat

2009's was #3 and #10 (Manning being the #10)

Yeah I think our overall talent on offnse is comparable to those teams you mentioned. I mean we have super speed out of the back field and they can all catch the football and man our WR corp. A 34 year old fresh out of prison and a complete moron yep we got it made. Damn I forgot to mention our beast TE whos afraid to extend for a ball in traffic which made 2 receivers the Jets had in that category. Yep the other one is once again the superbowl MVP Santonio "sideline" Holmes

So your take is Woody (and LT for that matter) should have complained to reporters about Sanchez while they were playing alongside him? You would clearly find fault with any player for that (as would I). So they both waited until they weren't on the team anymore to share their opinions. You find fault with them for that as well. Basically your take is that no one is allowed to say anything bad about Sanchez ever, including those who played alongside him for years and know him better - and have known far better elsewhere - than any of us. If it was just one guy then you could make the case for a has-been just seeking attention. When it's many people (some who put their names out there, some who don't) then clearly there is something there.

My guess is these opinions are voiced - not anonymously - in the locker room plenty. When they bring their opinions about Sanchez's lack of anything to the HC they fall on deaf ears. And so they anonymously leave quotes with reporters when the opportunity presents itself. Anonymously because it will cost them money (benched, traded, released, or just not renewed, and then having a cancer-reputation when hitting FA). This is my opinion.

Listen, I have this guy that works with me. He is the mgr of a specific dept. I am not in that dept but am able to hear how his underlings think of him. They have this impression that he "does nothing all day" and that he only makes them do everything. He is not the type of guy who feels like he has to prove himself to his subordinates so he just lets them think what they want. They are not aware of all the other things he does for the people above him like myself. They bitch and whine and wonder why it is that he is in charge of them when they are obviously better than him. They have their feelings, but they are wrong. He's incredibly important to our operation. And they think whatever they want as long as the garbage is taken out etc.

It's not ecatly the same with Woody and LT of course, but it brings up the point that just because people think it's true that doesn't necesarrily make it so.

When I said Woody made the comment when he wasn't even on the team last year to make that comment, I wasn't talking about him only talking after he left. I was mentioning it because he wasn't even in the locker room during all of the 2011 drama so what the hell does he even know? No one was talking about coddling and a dysfuncional locker room in 2009 or 2010 because we were winning. Sanchez was playing hot and cold football then too, but the team was winning so it didn't matter.

The blood in the water/ mob mentality set in when we had troubles and everyone pounced. That's all it is. They have a job to talk and the Jets collapse last year was what a lot of people wanted to talk about. Especially being able to "I told ya so" the coach who guaranteed a super bowl win. Everryone took great delight in kicking us when we were down and quite frankly I'm happy to start a new year and put that crap behind us. I experienced (as I'm sure you have as well) a lot of kicking myself working in Miami as I do.

Remember... at no time did I say that Sanchez is a world beater who I believe in 100%, but I do not buy into everything that was said by a bunch of guys who are trying to build a new career of being a talking head. Why you think it wasn't Plax that offered the annonomous comments is unknown to me. I didn't see that anywhere and believe it was him.

Archived