Mark Sanchez on Brian Schottenheimer, offensive identity, etc.

F.Chowds

That's the way to cover the "what if Bradford doesn't suck" angle. Fisher "won't let" Schitty and his dang playbook/play calls/game plans do it.

Ah, you noticed that too?

So, if Bradford fails it's on Schotty. If Bradford succeeds, it's on Fischer.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got quite a different feel from the article. He basically said the LT and woody were talking because that's all they can do now. He took personal blame and the line " They had strong feelings but not strong enough to put their name on it" was a snide, yet political way to call Plax.. er.. I mean that player a pussy. This article gave me the feeling that he was at least finally getting some hair on his balls.

Nah, he still shaves them. If he were a real man, he'd wax -- just like the rest of us.

I can see how he might come across better in print than in the interview -- he still sounds wishy washy to me.

Kinda like:

If the Jets fail, it is on Sanchez. If the Jets succeed, it is despite Sanchez.

It all depends on one's view. as we are reminded 10 billion times a day on this board.

Kind of like that, except the part where the Jets success statistically still comes from the defense. Sanchez's impressive playoff wins typically come with him throwing under 200 yards, and the team still scores below what the opponents defense allows on average. When the Jets win games where the QB contributes an above average NFL performance, and the offense scores more points than the other teams defense typically allows, that notion will change.

Kind of like that, except the part where the Jets success statistically still comes from the defense. Sanchez's impressive playoff wins typically come with him throwing under 200 yards, and the team still scores below what the opponents defense allows on average. When the Jets win games where the QB contributes an above average NFL performance, and the offense scores more points than the other teams defense typically allows, that notion will change.

Statistics don't win games. Players and plays win games.

Last I checked, QB was a pretty important position on a team (otherwise some wouldn't be screaming like babes here), so based on that notion alone, when the team does well, the QB probably contributed fairly well also. You can't get around that.

Last I checked, QB was a pretty important position on a team (otherwise some wouldn't be screaming like babes here), so based on that notion alone, when the team does well, the QB probably contributed fairly well also. You can't get around that.

I asked damian woody what sanchez's brilliant or signature game was, he answered the colts playoff win. I looked at the stats and laughed my arse off. Sanchez has not won 1 game based on his play alone.

No, statistics don't win games. They are merely numbers. But, they are numbers that are a measure of how the game was played. And, when they demonstrate that your QB's greatest asset in a win was simply not screwing it up, they mean something.

I asked damian woody what sanchez's brilliant or signature game was, he answered the colts playoff win. I looked at the stats and laughed my arse off. Sanchez has not won 1 game based on his play alone.

Cromartie's return won us that game. Sanchez made a nice throw to Braylon, but the Colts allowed 24 ppg that season and the Jets scored only 17 on them. Meanwhile, the Colts scored only 16 points that day, when they were averaging 27 ppg all year. Pretty simple math... But hey, **** math because most football fans don't understand it.

No, statistics don't win games. They are merely numbers. But, they are numbers that are a measure of how the game was played. And, when they demonstrate that your QB's greatest asset in a win was simply not screwing it up, they mean something.

Statistics are actually some of the worst analysis in understanding how a game was played, without watching it.

Statistics are actually some of the worst analysis in understanding how a game was played, without watching it.

On an individual game by game basis, they are imperfect... Over the course of the season, they level out and fall just about where they should. Normal distribution rarely fails.

On an individual game by game basis, they are imperfect... Over the course of the season, they level out and fall just about where they should. Normal distribution rarely fails.

So, based on that, what "statistic" is the most proven in determining what team wins the Superbowl in any particular year?

So, based on that, what "statistic" is the most proven in determining what team wins the Superbowl in any particular year?

You know there's no one statistic that will tell you that. And again, statistics in the NFL are not so much predictive as they are descriptive. Even still, to answer your question, YPA correlates pretty nicely with wins.

Rodgers

Brady

Schaub

Palmer

Eli

Brees

Romo

Ben

Rivers

Newton

Sanchez is 27th

Not a bad list to demonstrate that. Obviously not perfect, but not bad.

You know there's no one statistic that will tell you that. And again, statistics in the NFL are not so much predictive as they are descriptive. Even still, to answer your question, YPA correlates pretty nicely with wins.

Rodgers

Brady

Schaub

Palmer

Eli

Brees

Romo

Ben

Rivers

Newton

Sanchez is 27th

Not a bad list to demonstrate that. Obviously not perfect, but not bad.

So, If I were to go back to the last 10 SB winners, I should find the QB in top 5 in YPA, is that a fair assessment

(I Honestly have not checked this yet)

So your take is Woody (and LT for that matter) should have complained to reporters about Sanchez while they were playing alongside him? You would clearly find fault with any player for that (as would I). So they both waited until they weren't on the team anymore to share their opinions. You find fault with them for that as well. Basically your take is that no one is allowed to say anything bad about Sanchez ever, including those who played alongside him for years and know him better - and have known far better elsewhere - than any of us. If it was just one guy then you could make the case for a has-been just seeking attention. When it's many people (some who put their names out there, some who don't) then clearly there is something there.

My guess is these opinions are voiced - not anonymously - in the locker room plenty. When they bring their opinions about Sanchez's lack of anything to the HC they fall on deaf ears. And so they anonymously leave quotes with reporters when the opportunity presents itself. Anonymously because it will cost them money (benched, traded, released, or just not renewed, and then having a cancer-reputation when hitting FA). This is my opinion.

I;m not even saying that your opinion is not dead on. At the same time what I think you are not considering is that idea that when there is blood in the water lots of people jump on the easy prey to get their name out there. (there is no bad publicity that say) I am not sure which one it is and there was obviously enough fault to go around, but I've seen mob mentality at work. It's crazy.

i think it's probably somewhere in the middle. Listen, I'm at work and my boss just gave me sh*t. I have more to say but can't. waaaaaaaah

I'll comment more later. You just sit tight. lol

So, If I were to go back to the last 10 SB winners, I should find the QB in top 5 in YPA, is that a fair assessment

(I Honestly have not checked this yet)

I think you'd find a pretty strong correlation. I'm sure it wouldn't be perfect, and you'd focus only on the outliers, but I think Brees, P. Manning, Rodgers, Eli Manning (2nd time), Big Ben (not every time) would all be in there. Brady's earlier career probably wouldn't be in there, but the rules have changed even over those years that Brady's Super Bowls aren't even all that relevant to how the game was played. Brady's been to two Super Bowls now when I'm sure he was in there.

My impression of Sanchez is that he has an ego about as durable as tissue paper. What confuses me is how the Jets did not find this out in their vetting of Sanchez. Did they just sit down in a room with him and ask him what his favorite foods were? It is clear that they soon realized that they had a porcelain doll on their hands, and did not want him to feel threatened. Bringing in a tomato can like Brunell was disgraceful. The only discernible reason had to be to present as small of a threat to his playing time as possible. But why did they not do a thorough investigation of the guy? I am sure there were anonymous quoters in the Southern Cal clubhouse who could have assisted them. They clearly did not do a professional makeup on him, character-wise. And they traded up for him to boot! All we heard about was how hard he works. Just because a guy can toss more bales of hay than another guy does not mean you want him to run the farm. He can look at all the game film in the world before a game: that does not mean he is understanding what he is seeing. So if I hear about his amazing work ethic one more time, after some of the games in the past few years where he just stepped out on the field against inferior opponents and sh*t the bed from the gun, I will probably puke. I have my fingers crossed, and I want him to succeed because I do not like wasting years of my fan life----but I have small hope for the guy.

My impression of Sanchez is that he has an ego about as durable as tissue paper. What confuses me is how the Jets did not find this out in their vetting of Sanchez. Did they just sit down in a room with him and ask him what his favorite foods were? It is clear that they soon realized that they had a porcelain doll on their hands, and did not want him to feel threatened. Bringing in a tomato can like Brunell was disgraceful. The only discernible reason had to be to present as small of a threat to his playing time as possible. But why did they not do a thorough investigation of the guy? I am sure there were anonymous quoters in the Southern Cal clubhouse who could have assisted them. They clearly did not do a professional makeup on him, character-wise. And they traded up for him to boot! All we heard about was how hard he works. Just because a guy can toss more bales of hay than another guy does not mean you want him to run the farm. He can look at all the game film in the world before a game: that does not mean he is understanding what he is seeing. So if I hear about his amazing work ethic one more time, after some of the games in the past few years where he just stepped out on the field against inferior opponents and sh*t the bed from the gun, I will probably puke. I have my fingers crossed, and I want him to succeed because I do not like wasting years of my fan life----but I have small hope for the guy.

Well then get ready to have you're mind freakin blown. 2012 is the year. Count it.

Ah, you noticed that too?

So, if Bradford fails it's on Schotty. If Bradford succeeds, it's on Fischer.

It's the worst isn't it? There wasn't even a need to say that either because who are the Rams? Who cares?

It all depends on one's view. as we are reminded 10 billion times a day on this board.

Sanchez has had his successes. The problem is that they're just moments within games that are usually set up beforehand somehow. QBs are expected to take over GAMES at a time, not just quarters or minutes or plays.

Sperm, you make really good points in your posts. I thought Sanchez was developing a decent rapport with Braylon , and honestly, I wld really like to see that combo again. While I dont question his grit, or hard work, I havent seen enough growth with him. All good QB's MUST......MUST.....Did I say MUST ? , Possess the ability to A). Look-off safeties and DBs, as well as "move" them. B). Use the pump-fake to freeze defenders . C). Climb the pocket, and set protections. Sanchez does NONE of these things well. He frankly looks like he's playing on the losing side of a sandlot football game, most of the time. Maybe he will start, but I'll believe it when I see it!! Also, I would love to get Donovan McNabb to back him up!!! Believe it, this guy isnt washed up. You dont suddenly forget how to play football. D Mac is a PROVEN winner, and I think he still has some tread on those tires...not to mention a cannon of an arm, think hed enjoy playing here. Just my thoughts.............................GO JETS!!!!!! :box:

Sperm, you make really good points in our posts. I thought Sanchez was developing a decent rapport with Braylon , and honestly, I wld really like to see that combo again. While I dont question his grit, or hard work, I havent seen enough growth with him. All good QB's MUST......MUST.....Did I say MUST , possess the ability to A). Look-off safeties and DBs, as well as "move" them. B). Use the pump-fake to freeze defenders . C). Climb the pocket, and set protections. Sanchez does NONE of these things well. He frankly looks like he's playing on the loosing side of a sandlot football game, most of the time. Maybe he will start, but I'll believe it when I see it!! Also, I would love to get Donovan McNabb to back him up!!! Believe it, this guy isnt washed up. You dont suddenly forget how to play football. D Mac is a PROVEN winner, and I think he still has some tread on those tires...not to mention a cannon of an arm, think hed enjoy playing here. Just my thoughts.............................GO JETS!!!!!! :box:

I think that Sanchez has a very decent pump fake and has used it many times to draw a safety away and allow his man to beat a one on one. He has a good grasp of that tool, when given time.

McNabb is so washed up.

Sanchez pump-faked one time, of any significance last yeear. That was a TD pass to Holmes. Since then, It was BATTED BALL HEAVEN the rest of the miserable season!!!

That is a ridiculous statement. They used a pump fake off play action as a regular staple of the offense.

They did not use it as much this year, as they went deep less than previous years.

Sanchez actually does a decent job with pump fakes, when given time. Sometimes, he is pumping too much.

Kinda like:

Umm, exactly. That's exactly right and the reason is that Sanchez is a bad player. He's a bad player by just about any stat you want to look at. He's a bad player in the minds of most NFL observers. He's a bad player in the minds of 99.9% of NFL fans. It's really only a very vocal minority of moonbat jets message board warriors that think the guys any good. Heck, some of hsi teammates even think he's a bad player

Antonio Cromartie (@ACromartie)

Posted Friday 16th March 2012 from TweetCaster

For ppl that don't think Mark can't get it done go suck on a lemon. He's a good QB he has been to 2 AFC championship games. Hes going to get the Job done jus need to add the right players around him and he will lead the way

I can suk a dozen lemons and sanchez will still suk

Archived