Winston gets paid...Chiefs 4yrs/22 mil

Here's how the Jets don't pay attention to the offense:

2006 - Two Pro Bowl (potential All Pro) linemen in the first round. 2nd round QB. Hire a hotshot QB coach from a thriving franchise.

2007 - Bring in a Super Bowl workhorse RB.

2008 - Overpay the guy who was considered the best guard in the game during his career and a high end RT to supplement the young OL. This comes after a bad 2007 for the OL. Trade up for a pass catching TE, which is all the rage in the league. Oh yeah, and a future HOF QB is given the keys for a season.

2009 - Trade up in the first and third to take a QB and a RB. Trade 2010 picks (plural) for a former top 3 draft pick at WR who is two years removed from a monster season. Running game and OL are considered the best in the game.

2010 - Throw a 5th to pick up a 25 year old SB MVP while he's out there.

2011 - I forget. Commit to Holmes?

2012 - We're not even a week into FA.

This might be your best poster ever.

And I'm with ya on this Eric Winston conundrum, when did he become this must have RT? He's a good player. And the other thing is, we're not signing a RT. Sanchez loves Hunter and the franchise believes in Vlad.

Here's how the Jets don't pay attention to the offense:

2006 - Two Pro Bowl (potential All Pro) linemen in the first round. 2nd round QB. Hire a hotshot QB coach from a thriving franchise.

2007 - Bring in a Super Bowl workhorse RB.

2008 - Overpay the guy who was considered the best guard in the game during his career and a high end RT to supplement the young OL. This comes after a bad 2007 for the OL. Trade up for a pass catching TE, which is all the rage in the league. Oh yeah, and a future HOF QB is given the keys for a season.

2009 - Trade up in the first and third to take a QB and a RB. Trade 2010 picks (plural) for a former top 3 draft pick at WR who is two years removed from a monster season. Running game and OL are considered the best in the game.

2010 - Throw a 5th to pick up a 25 year old SB MVP while he's out there.

2011 - I forget. Commit to Holmes?

2012 - We're not even a week into FA.

2010 you forgot to mention locking up Ferguson and Mangold for the next half-decade-plus at $10M and $8M per year respectively.

2011 we didn't break the bank on Braylon Edwards (not doing something is better than doing something stupid). Yes we re-signed Holmes - the #1 FA WR that season - to a huge contract. We also signed Plaxico who, for all the eye-rolling, was in far more demand than Edwards who no one else wanted.

None of that stuff matters. When we re-sign Holmes for $9M/year and sign Plaxico for $3.5M for the year and bring in Rex's hand-picked sub for Cotchery and draft a (so far) pretty good slot receiver in the same off-season that is ignoring the offense. Trading 2 defensive starters plus using our first 2 draft picks on Mark Sanchez, then using 3 draft picks on Shonn Greene, is also ignoring the offense. When another team lucks into a mid- or late-rounder or UDFA turning into something (Colston, Foster, Cruz, Green-Ellis, Wallace, Charles, Mike Williams, etc.) those are examples of teams with a true commitment to the offense.

But don't let the facts opinions get in the way.

2010 you forgot to mention locking up Ferguson and Mangold for the next half-decade-plus at $10M and $8M per year respectively.

2011 we didn't break the bank on Braylon Edwards (not doing something is better than doing something stupid). Yes we re-signed Holmes - the #1 FA WR that season - to a huge contract. We also signed Plaxico who, for all the eye-rolling, was in far more demand than Edwards who no one else wanted.

None of that stuff matters. When we re-sign Holmes for $9M/year and sign Plaxico for $3.5M for the year and bring in Rex's hand-picked sub for Cotchery and draft a (so far) pretty good slot receiver in the same off-season that is ignoring the offense. Trading 2 defensive starters plus using our first 2 draft picks on Mark Sanchez, then using 3 draft picks on Shonn Greene, is also ignoring the offense. When another team lucks into a mid- or late-rounder or UDFA turning into something (Colston, Foster, Cruz, Green-Ellis, Wallace, Charles, Mike Williams, etc.) those are examples of teams with a true commitment to the offense.

But don't let the facts opinions get in the way.

The both of your forgot to mention signing a HOF RB who led the team in rushing and added a nice safety valve out of the backfield catching 52 balls for the great Mark Sanchez...but I agree, they dont even attempt to make the offense better.

This might be your best poster ever.

And I'm with ya on this Eric Winston conundrum, when did he become this must have RT? He's a good player. And the other thing is, we're not signing a RT. Sanchez loves Hunter and the franchise believes in Vlad.

Do you realize how much competition that post has for the title? Something close to 9000.

I really have trouble buying that Wayne Hunter suddenly became an abominable T out of nowhere. He sucked as a starter but given context not sure I can lay it all on him. I don't think 20+ million needs to be thrown at the RT problem. It just does not make sense.

Sperm Im tired of the arguement to be honest and your right I didnt put any effort into my response. My stance is simple the Jets pay little to no attention to the offense or the QB its been a 10 + year issue and I dont see it changing anytime soon..... next year will be the 4th year in a row Sanchez goes into a season with probaly 3/4 of his receiving corp being different. Last year he did it with basicly no offseason. Everyone can make excuses for every other part of this football team but when it comes to the QB its simple "he Sucks' to be totally honest Im sick of it and Im sick of the way ithis team is handled . I have no more desire to argue the point any further and Im sick of the circle jerk and contradictions. Bottom line this teams entire offense SUCKS and has sucked for years its not only aboubt the QB its the entire philosophy hopefully a new OC changes some of the stupidity we have delt with.

I love how now that Schotty's gone all his haters are "hoping" thats the difference. lmfao

And I love how Sanchez has all new pieces ever year even though they returned his 3 top receiving targets from 10-11.

Do you realize how much competition that post has for the title? Something close to 9000.

I really have trouble buying that Wayne Hunter suddenly became an abominable T out of nowhere. He sucked as a starter but given context not sure I can lay it all on him. I don't think 20+ million needs to be thrown at the RT problem. It just does not make sense.

Agreed. The whole Hunter situation baffles me. He was lights out in place of Woody and then forgot how to play Football. Sanchez said he's very comfortable with Hunter, knows what he wants to do, etc. Rex and Tanny gave him their approval. Sparano had an opportunity to sign his old RT. And there has been no mention of target at RT in FA.

The Jets are going into the season with the same OL unless they draft someone.

The both of your forgot to mention signing a HOF RB who led the team in rushing and added a nice safety valve out of the backfield catching 52 balls for the great Mark Sanchez...but I agree, they dont even attempt to make the offense better.

Also ignore that our first draft pick has been #29 and #30 the past 2 years. Inexcusable to not trade way, way up into the top 5 (again) for a single offensive player (again).

OH and then they fire the guy who wants to pass the ball because after looking at WHAT'S WORKED ON OFFENSE FOR THE JETS they decide to go back to power rushing and OL. They go out and hire two highly respected, veteran OL/running game coaches to get the OL and running game back to the elite levels that worked best for this franchise during it's minor run of minor success.

I just hate how they've treated the offense over here. That darn front office has just held the offense back.

Agreed. The whole Hunter situation baffles me. He was lights out in place of Woody and then forgot how to play Football. Sanchez said he's very comfortable with Hunter, knows what he wants to do, etc. Rex and Tanny gave him their approval. Sparano had an opportunity to sign his old RT. And there has been no mention of target at RT in FA.

The Jets are going into the season with the same OL unless they draft someone.

They'll definitely draft someone along the OL, it'll be interesting to see where. Moore is about a year away from retirement, last year's OL depth in general sucked, and Slauson will be missing some TC. A guy like Miami (OH) G Brandon Brooks might get as much a look as someone like Bobby Massie the Ole Miss T prospect.

Not to mention that David DeCastro could be sitting there at 16 and he fits the whole Groundz and Poundz thing as well. I've been starting to think they're going offense with the first pick. with DeCastro and Floyd being the most legit candidates not named Richardson.

We should have a group hug and give Smash the stank eye while doing it.

Also ignore that our first draft pick has been #29 and #30 the past 2 years. Inexcusable to not trade way, way up into the top 5 (again) for a single offensive player (again).

Stupid Jets. Trading up late in the middle rounds for offensive players they want too.

OH and then they fire the guy who wants to pass the ball because after looking at WHAT'S WORKED ON OFFENSE FOR THE JETS they decide to go back to power rushing and OL. They go out and hire two highly respected, veteran OL/running game coaches to get the OL and running game back to the elite levels that worked best for this franchise during it's minor run of minor success.

I just hate how they've treated the offense over here. That darn front office has just held the offense back.

Oh you havent heard? Now we are "hoping" thats the answer. We technically arent convinced our new OC knows how to design good routes that create WR separation and make all the right calls 100% of the time.

They'll definitely draft someone along the OL, it'll be interesting to see where. Moore is about a year away from retirement, last year's OL depth in general sucked, and Slauson will be missing some TC. A guy like Miami (OH) G Brandon Brooks might get as much a look as someone like Bobby Massie the Ole Miss T prospect.

Not to mention that David DeCastro could be sitting there at 16 and he fits the whole Groundz and Poundz thing as well. I've been starting to think they're going offense with the first pick. with DeCastro and Floyd being the most legit candidates not named Richardson.

I'm starting to see DeCastro on the board and having a hard time not drafting him.

Oh you havent heard? Now we are "hoping" thats the answer. We're technically arent convinced our new OC knows how to design good routes that create WR separation and make all the right calls 100% of the time.

Fn A now that's being spewed by that...guy? Does it end?

I'm starting to see DeCastro on the board and having a hard time not drafting him.

16 has been a hell of a spot for G....Hutchinson, Andrews, Iupati went 17...DeCastro is in that class by all accounts so I wouldn't have a problem with it. Definitely starting to think the only D they go after in the first is a pass rusher if he's there.

Sperm Im tired of the arguement to be honest and your right I didnt put any effort into my response. My stance is simple the Jets pay little to no attention to the offense or the QB its been a 10 + year issue and I dont see it changing anytime soon..... next year will be the 4th year in a row Sanchez goes into a season with probaly 3/4 of his receiving corp being different. Last year he did it with basicly no offseason. Everyone can make excuses for every other part of this football team but when it comes to the QB its simple "he Sucks' to be totally honest Im sick of it and Im sick of the way ithis team is handled . I have no more desire to argue the point any further and Im sick of the circle jerk and contradictions. Bottom line this teams entire offense SUCKS and has sucked for years its not only aboubt the QB its the entire philosophy hopefully a new OC changes some of the stupidity we have delt with.

Why not just say the truth, that you just made something up out of thin air because you want to believe it is so?

The team's entire offense has NOT sucked for years. Sanchez has sucked for years. We had the #1 and #5 ground game in the league helping him look not nearly as bad as he was. Sometimes a defense doesn't play well and sometimes our ground game doesn't play well. It happens. In those instances we need our QB to step it up.

Know what our record is when our opponent scores 28? 0-12. Not even one lucky win. Yet a mediocre guy like Alex Smith is snickered at and dismissed but he's capable of not sh*tting his pants in a true shootout in the playoffs. Hell, Sanchez admitted himself they tried airing it out more in 2011 to take advantage of others' skills and it was a big flop. Does he not realize what an indictment that is on himself?

What absurdity to blame the OC because our QB refuses to look away from his primary WR, refuses to keep the ball close to his body, refuses to regularly step up into the pocket, and refuses to throw the ball where his receivers expect the ball to be. Schottenheimer? **** him and I'm not shedding a tear that he's gone, but the blame for that stuff I mentioned falls squarely on Sanchez. No OC, past or present, is going to be able to throw the ball for his QB or look off receivers for him. Unless they're quick-strike type plays, nothing an OC draws up is going to catch the defense off-guard when the QB continually stares only at where he's going to throw it.

He's a friggin' joke and the whole country is in on it, except the Jets and much of our fanbase.

He's here and it's a done deal for 2 more seasons at least. But he needs to start performing like the clear top-10 QB he is - and has been - paid to be.

Fn A now that's being spewed by that...guy? Does it end?

16 has been a hell of a spot for G....Hutchinson, Andrews, Iupati went 17...DeCastro is in that class by all accounts so I wouldn't have a problem with it. Definitely starting to think the only D they go after in the first is a pass rusher if he's there.

Pay attention, its actually quite amusing.

I change my mind every 10 seconds on the draft, but dude seems like a cant miss prospect. I'm still favoring OLB...but wouldnt be mad if they took the guy that is a sure fire thing.

The team's entire offense has NOT sucked for years. Sanchez has sucked for years. We had the #1 and #5 ground game in the league helping him look not nearly as bad as he was. Sometimes a defense doesn't play well and sometimes our ground game doesn't play well. It happens. In those instances we need our QB to step it up.

Yeah, best OL in the game for 2 years in a row, best rushing game, trading for multiple 1st round picks wrs, signing other 1st round picks wrs, drafting at TE in the 1st, trading up for a QB in the 1st, HOF RB, HOF FB, HOF QB. They just ignore offense around here.

Pay attention, its actually quite amusing.

I change my mind every 10 seconds on the draft, but dude seems like a cant miss prospect. I'm still favoring OLB...but wouldnt be mad if they took the guy that is a sure fire thing.

Everything I say about the draft this year means nothing until April. Too much noise in the past month and I feel like there's more than 5 players I'd be happy to see with the first pick.

Everything I say about the draft this year means nothing until April. Too much noise in the past month and I feel like there's more than 5 players I'd be happy to see with the first pick.

Yeah, I'm pretty that much way every year. Usually I have 3 players I want nothing to do with (see Sanchez, Gholston) but I dont even have that this year. As much as I bash you on Barron - its not because I dont think he's got potential its just I dont think he's worth the value. I'd love him in the 2nd. But I always go back and forth on who I want. The only time I can recall be dead set on a player was DBrick. Over at JI I had in my sig "DBrick is the Pick" for that whole offseason. Typically I'm obsessed with players that are just out of our reach it seems.

Or Vlad.

Yeah, was just kidding about that Vlad part.

you might be kidding the f.o. isn't.

Vlad will either start at RT or be the 6th OL (as he was this year). if he beats out Hunter, then Hunter returns to the 6th OL role he had in 2010 before Woody got hurt.

Note this is not what I want to have happen, it's what I predict will happen. They aren't going to write off Vlad yet. Even tho everyone on the internet has left him for dead.

Archived