Winston gets paid...Chiefs 4yrs/22 mil

Why wouldn't we look into signing Winston. He would be such an upgrade at RT. This team wants to ground and pound but they refuse to upgrade the O-line. I will start a "FIre Tannebaum" petition if we don't have a replacement for Wayne Hunter who is arguably the worst starting RT in all of football.

Don't think they can sink much more money into the OLine...lots of money there already. Going to have to get this addressed through the draft.

Or Vlad.

Yeah, was just kidding about that Vlad part.

Stop blaming the Front Office guys. We for some reason do not have the cap room.

P.S: And yet we somehow have not this improved this team from the one that went 8-8!

That reason would be complete ineptitude. Get used to it -- nothing much is going to change for a while.

This is the Jets now paying for the expensive F.A's like Pace, Scott etc. We made two runs in two years and came up short. Now we are over paying those ageing players.

We can't cut them without making a pile of dead money. Next year we will have money to spend when cutting them will be more palatable.

Thought we are 18 or so mil under the cap ? What did we sign so far that says we dont have the cap space ? RT was a positon of need and it would have solidified the O-line and given us a nice back up situation with both turner and hunter .... Dont really give a crap about Vlad but it is distressing this team refuses to cut ties with really sh*tty players.

Sorry but this front office is a joke when it comes to offense Its apparent they dont want to spend any money on offense unless its a has been or some league minimum scrub.

My thoughts exactly ;)

hehe wise guy :P

Lets be serious we passed on a RT that came less than some of us thought ....are we content going into the season with Hunter and Ducasse ? Really ? Even if we get someone in the draft it will be a relative unknown situation. Eh **** the QB right ? seems to be the general consensus around here for the past 10 years anyhow

hehe wise guy :tongue:

Lets be serious we passed on a RT that came less than some of us thought ....are we content going into the season with Hunter and Ducasse ? Really ? Even if we get someone in the draft it will be a relative unknown situation. Eh **** the QB right ? seems to be the general consensus around here for the past 10 years anyhow

The same FO/coaching people whose judgment is to go into the draft with Hunter and Ducasse are the same people whose judgment is that Mark Sanchez should be guaranteed 2 more years as starter for big money.

The same FO/coaching people whose judgment is to go into the draft with Hunter and Ducasse are the same people whose judgment is that Mark Sanchez should be guaranteed 2 more years as starter for big money.

Sperm you knew for a fact this team would not give up on Sanchez..... its taken other QB's 3 or 4 + years to develop and we did have the Shaotty factor. its not that big a deal to give him a couple more years to prove himself in another system.

Don't think they can sink much more money into the OLine...lots of money there already. Going to have to get this addressed through the draft.

Or Vlad.

Yeah, was just kidding about that Vlad part.

Max the Oline is our identity and we seem to have ignored that fact the past 2 years. If this team goes into this season with Hunter and Vlad backing him Im done with this team until Tannenbaum is the hell out of here

Winston isn't all that, but I agree in today's crazy-dollar FA market he's better than the $3M disparity between his $5.5M average (which is typically lower in year 1 of a deal) and the $2.5M we guaranteed Hunter this year.

They must really believe Ducasse is going to take the job or that more simplified blocking is going to tremendously help both Ducasse and Hunter. Or they're just planning on drafting a RT for far less than $5.5M/year and are viewing Ducasse/Hunter as a worst-case fallback.

Winston isn't all that, but I agree in today's crazy-dollar FA market he's better than the $3M disparity between his $5.5M average (which is typically lower in year 1 of a deal) and the $2.5M we guaranteed Hunter this year.

They must really believe Ducasse is going to take the job or that more simplified blocking is going to tremendously help both Ducasse and Hunter. Or they're just planning on drafting a RT for far less than $5.5M/year and are viewing Ducasse/Hunter as a worst-case fallback.

With Sanchez at QB, what value does an extra second mean anyway? I can see accountant's reason behind this Lol

Sperm you knew for a fact this team would not give up on Sanchez..... its taken other QB's 3 or 4 + years to develop and we did have the Shaotty factor. its not that big a deal to give him a couple more years to prove himself in another system.

This is false because you are equating the Jets roster with those "other" QBs. Other QBs are not given more than 3-4 years to develop on playoff teams. They are given years to develop on crappy teams and they usually still stink. And it is a big deal. All the players and all of Jets fandom is to be sacrificed for the hopeful development of Mark Sanchez into a not-below-average QB.

And since you brought it up, name these other QBs in today's era who have developed (after looking mostly between mediocre and terrible for 3-4 years), on a playoff-caliber team from day 1, and who never beat out anyone to get or keep his job. I'd love to see this answer.

This is false because you are equating the Jets roster with those "other" QBs. Other QBs are not given more than 3-4 years to develop on playoff teams. They are given years to develop on crappy teams and they usually still stink. And it is a big deal. All the players and all of Jets fandom is to be sacrificed for the hopeful development of Mark Sanchez into a not-below-average QB.

And since you brought it up, name these other QBs in today's era who have developed (after looking mostly between mediocre and terrible for 3-4 years), on a playoff-caliber team from day 1, and who never beat out anyone to get or keep his job. I'd love to see this answer.

Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Josh Freeman, And just so you know I do not view the Jets offense as "playoff Caliber" this team made the playoffs on the backs of the defense you can disagree all you want but the Jets skill players are bottom tier of the league and last year so was our Offensive line. If you want to ignore that fact just because you hate Mark Sanchez thats fine but you know as well as I we will never agree on this subject.

Edit to add : Even when we made it to the playoffs on the back of the defense our Young QB played very well in the playoffs and said great defense sh*t the bed.

3 jets OL made Pro Bowl, any other team have 3?

Gotta love Brick being called a pro bowler giving up 10 sacks the guy had 2 "good" years and now hes a probowler hes not in the elite class and never will be hes top ten in the league but played terrible last year. Slauson is meh, Moore played hurt and Hunter was an all out disaster. We were never a great pass protecting O-line our identiry was always running the football and we could not even do that last year so all the pressure was on the QB and while he did make some really dumb mistakes he still threw 26 TD's and led our offense to be the best redzone offense in the NFL. while playing hurt the last 6 games of the season. I have a strong feeling he will make a lot less mistakes this year

Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Josh Freeman, And just so you know I do not view the Jets offense as "playoff Caliber" this team made the playoffs on the backs of the defense you can disagree all you want but the Jets skill players are bottom tier of the league and last year so was our Offensive line. If you want to ignore that fact just because you hate Mark Sanchez thats fine but you know as well as I we will never agree on this subject.

Edit to add : Even when we made it to the playoffs on the back of the defense our Young QB played very well in the playoffs and said great defense sh*t the bed.

1. Eli did not take over for a playoff team. The Giants were tied for the worst record in football at 4-12 the year before they drafted him. They also brought in Kurt Warner and started him first. Eli also never lost a single game those years when the defense held the opponent to 10 points or less and was twice the prospect Sanchez was.

2. Flacco has not developed into a good QB to date so I don't know why you'd bring him up.

3. Josh Freeman did not take over a playoff-caliber team with a stingy defense, did not start right away as a rookie, played at an elite level in his second season at age 22 before stinking up the place last year. Or is it your assertion that as a result of starting for 3 years that Josh Freeman is now finishing being developed, into something you wanted Sanchez to be all along? I must have missed out on Tampa Bay guaranteeing Freeman over $20M for the next 2 seasons no matter what for the next 2 years. Oh wait that's right, it's because it didn't happen.

C'mon you made it sound so routine the way you posted it. Two of the three QBs you mentioned are in no way top-10 QBs and only a great team around him might marginally push Flacco into the top 15.

The team made the playoffs twice with a crappy QB (almost missing it once because of that crappy QB) and missed it a 3rd time mostly because of the crappy QB. You have some major revisionist memory of Sanchez doing well in playoff games where the defense didn't clamp down on the other team's O like a vise. In all instances where the defense collapsed, it coincided with Sanchez either throwing picks, punting the ball back right away, or outright putting points on the board for the other team. The net amount of points the defense surrendered vs Pittsburgh in the AFCCG was a whopping total of 15. They looked like they needed tackling lessons at times in the first half but in the end they gave up 17 points and got a safety to put 2 points on the board themselves.

Put this aside anyway. You are deflecting the argument. Name these multiple QBs who were at Sanchez's level or worse for years and developed into a true asset who makes those around him better.

I honestly don't ******* get this we need a rt and we let one much better then the one we gave as a start go for a little bit more and don't even look at him but sign a bullsh*t QB and. WR how gets hurt wiping his a$$ after taking a sh*t.

Super Bowl. Just believe.

When did Eric Winston become this big time key to next season? There's STILL RT's on the market.

Other guys who might be good fits just in FA:

McNeill

Bell

Collins

Backus

Pashos

Carey

Starks

Then there's a draft...then there's STILL periods with UDFAs and TC cuts.

Who the **** is losing sleep over missing out on a 5-6 million dollar RIGHT TACKLE? That contract would eat a nice chunk of cap space which eats a good chance at landing two talented safeties.

Big who cares....nice get for the Chiefs but they didn't sign the last good T ever made. Still hoping they sign Collins.

1. Eli did not take over for a playoff team. The Giants were tied for the worst record in football at 4-12 the year before they drafted him. They also brought in Kurt Warner and started him first. Eli also never lost a single game those years when the defense held the opponent to 10 points or less and was twice the prospect Sanchez was.

2. Flacco has not developed into a good QB to date so I don't know why you'd bring him up.

3. Josh Freeman did not take over a playoff-caliber team with a stingy defense, did not start right away as a rookie, played at an elite level in his second season at age 22 before stinking up the place last year. Or is it your assertion that as a result of starting for 3 years that Josh Freeman is now finishing being developed, into something you wanted Sanchez to be all along? I must have missed out on Tampa Bay guaranteeing Freeman over $20M for the next 2 seasons no matter what for the next 2 years. Oh wait that's right, it's because it didn't happen.

C'mon you made it sound so routine the way you posted it. Two of the three QBs you mentioned are in no way top-10 QBs and only a great team around him might marginally push Flacco into the top 15.

The team made the playoffs twice with a crappy QB (almost missing it once because of that crappy QB) and missed it a 3rd time mostly because of the crappy QB. You have some major revisionist memory of Sanchez doing well in playoff games where the defense didn't clamp down on the other team's O like a vise. In all instances where the defense collapsed, it coincided with Sanchez either throwing picks, punting the ball back right away, or outright putting points on the board for the other team. The net amount of points the defense surrendered vs Pittsburgh in the AFCCG was a whopping total of 15. They looked like they needed tackling lessons at times in the first half but in the end they gave up 17 points and got a safety to put 2 points on the board themselves.

Put this aside anyway. You are deflecting the argument. Name these multiple QBs who were at Sanchez's level or worse for years and developed into a true asset who makes those around him better.

Sperm Im tired of the arguement to be honest and your right I didnt put any effort into my response. My stance is simple the Jets pay little to no attention to the offense or the QB its been a 10 + year issue and I dont see it changing anytime soon..... next year will be the 4th year in a row Sanchez goes into a season with probaly 3/4 of his receiving corp being different. Last year he did it with basicly no offseason. Everyone can make excuses for every other part of this football team but when it comes to the QB its simple "he Sucks' to be totally honest Im sick of it and Im sick of the way ithis team is handled . I have no more desire to argue the point any further and Im sick of the circle jerk and contradictions. Bottom line this teams entire offense SUCKS and has sucked for years its not only aboubt the QB its the entire philosophy hopefully a new OC changes some of the stupidity we have delt with.

Here's how the Jets don't pay attention to the offense:

2006 - Two Pro Bowl (potential All Pro) linemen in the first round. 2nd round QB. Hire a hotshot QB coach from a thriving franchise.

2007 - Bring in a Super Bowl workhorse RB.

2008 - Overpay the guy who was considered the best guard in the game during his career and a high end RT to supplement the young OL. This comes after a bad 2007 for the OL. Trade up for a pass catching TE, which is all the rage in the league. Oh yeah, and a future HOF QB is given the keys for a season.

2009 - Trade up in the first and third to take a QB and a RB. Trade 2010 picks (plural) for a former top 3 draft pick at WR who is two years removed from a monster season. Running game and OL are considered the best in the game.

2010 - Throw a 5th to pick up a 25 year old SB MVP while he's out there.

2011 - I forget. Commit to Holmes?

2012 - We're not even a week into FA.

Vlad....breakout....starting.....Pro Bowl..... Bank on it.

This isn't as crazy as it sounds. The team went out and got not one but two new OL coaches...good ones to.

It would save millions of dollars that can go somewhere that's not RT. Much better than carrying a RT with a 5-6 million dollar salary.

Archived