The Battle for the 4th Cornerback Spot

rkw522

The Jets have three very good corners, but what happens if one goes down with injury? Do the Jets have a solid corner that would be able to fill that spot? This will be a true competition where the best man wins which is always exciting. Here is the article going into further detail. http://t.co/H2U3NWOo

The Jets have upgraded at quite a few positions this offseason, but cornerback has slipped under the radar a bit. We don't have the same depth we used to have with Coleman, Lowery, Cole, etc. I think the team likes Lankster for the #4 spot though.

I think after his season last year the team is very happy with Wilson and so essentially they're not going to have anyone on this team that, barring injury, is going to make it past a permanent #4 on the depth chart (unlike past years, when Wilson was splitting time at nickel with others). That itself will limit some of their options, as certain players won't be interested in that lack of opportunity while the Jets likely won't be interested in spending all that much money on such a position.

On top of that I think the team likes both Lankster and Trufant, who have each been with the team for a little while now, and have plenty of other young guys to fight it out and show what they've got in camp. I also think the top 3 being so locked in already helps them be less concerned that even if they don't like what they see from the rest of these guys in camp, they can grab someone off the scrap heap at the end of camp and be just fine.

No position gets a bigger overreaction from fans...especially the Jets (probably due to Revis) but when one of these guys give up a big play it's like, man he sucks dogsh*t. But my point I guess is Cro and Wilson are really good. Just remember that when one gives up a touchdown lol. I hope Steed proves to be the 4th guy.

Archived