biggest holes left to fill

kay_gee

I hate you T0mShane! You ignored the #2 back btw. Tebow the Converter or sumthin. Not to mention that it only takes one guy taking a leap for this offense to make some noise. Sure that guy sucks and was drafted for his Multi-demographic marketability, but I'm bored.

<3 uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt39 has devolved from being a very reasonable, logical, and enjoyable poster to writing forcibly negative stuff in a seeming attempt to uphold his credibility.

Observation of the day!

I wouldn't be sh*tting on the offense if I didn't think it was true.

I think they'll try to have Greene handling about half the carries, with McKnight and Tebow getting the bulk of the other half.

I don't disagree agree with you about the Jets' RBs. I wanted Lamar Miller this year in the third, and I'd love to see the team spend a first or second rounder on the position. I think the new rookie cap really lends itself to drafting a stud RB early and running him into the ground. But the Jets don't have that. I'm left to hope Powell or Ganaway steps up as a viable alternative.

At the end of the day, its one of our biggest holes is replacing a RB coming off a 1,000 yard season, sh*t aint all the bad.

At the end of the day, its one of our biggest holes is replacing a RB coming off a 1,000 yard season, sh*t aint all the bad.

Jim Brown once said, and I paraphrase, that the 1000 yard milestone became bullsh*t with the advent of the 14 game season. It's definitely bullsh*t now. For Shonn Greene last year, that averages out to just 65 yards/game. Not good enough for a guy carrying the ball about 60% of the time for this team.

The Jets as a whole were 22nd in rushing last year, averaging less than 106 yards a game. That's not much grounding & pounding. They need to find another 40 yards a game from somewhere if they're truly going to be a physical rushing team.

Plus he's overrated.

Greene is cheap and not unproductive, and no one would hire him for his ability to run around the corner so I'm not sure why thats a concern. There is a poundz in Groundz and Poundz. My only issue with him is the stupid injuries.

This.

Good teams don't overpay for RBs.

If Green gives us ~225 carries, ~800 yards and 6-8 TDs I'll be happy with his average-ness.

I'm more concerned with the collective rushing numbers our team puts up, as opposed to the numbers of just Greene. I think with Powell, Ganaway, McKnight and even Tebow in the fold, we'll have 5 potential rushers. The team goal should be to average over 4 yards per carry. If that happens as a team, then we'll be in good shape.

Jim Brown once said, and I paraphrase, that the 1000 yard milestone became bullsh*t with the advent of the 14 game season. It's definitely bullsh*t now. For Shonn Greene last year, that averages out to just 65 yards/game. Not good enough for a guy carrying the ball about 60% of the time for this team.

The Jets as a whole were 22nd in rushing last year, averaging less than 106 yards a game. That's not much grounding & pounding. They need to find another 40 yards a game from somewhere if they're truly going to be a physical rushing team.

This.

It's not about Greene as much as it's about where do the other 40-60 yards per game come from?

Someone needs to be able to make a big play....the NFL is built upon getting those 20-25 yard chunks. Where are those going to come from. We had the least amount of big plays in the league last year and the most 3 and outs.

Meh, Jim Brown says a lot of stupid things. This is one of them and I completely disagree that a 1000 yards is an irrelevant milestone for a RB. First off, 2 whole more game shouldnt negate that feat all that much. Thats just silly. Secondly, back when he played, the ball wasnt in the air as much as it is now and there wasnt the penchant for RB by committee nor did they have 330 lb DL on every team. I think there's a reasonable argument that its just as tough now as it was then and maybe even more difficult now (different conversation, I know)

Plus, to your point that Greene only averaged 65yrds per game was not good enough...he did that on a relatively small # of carries. The Jets were not a run first team last year. They threw the ball 543 times last season, they ran the ball 397 times (excluding Sanchez' and WR' carries).

So again, if our biggest hole is a RB who averaged 4.2 ypc, had over 1000 yrds, 6 TD's and 30 receptions playing behind a struggling OL - one could conclude the Jets dont have a ton of significant holes.

FTR - I don think Greene is great. I think he's good enough to not have to go out and find a replacement or for his position to be considered a "hole".

Someone needs to be able to make a big play....the NFL is built upon getting those 20-25 yard chunks. Where are those going to come from. We had the least amount of big plays in the league last year and the most 3 and outs.

Holmes, Hill, and Keller.

All the major investing on offense has been to build a passing game.

This thread suggests that there are many holes requiring filling. Overall, many responses are replete with negativity which is usual for Jet fans. For many of you, the entire organization is a vast hole that can never be filled.

Much like Gloria James. We all have our crosses to bear.

Archived