MIA @ NYJ - Oct. 28

JetsNorth

Hello all,

I am attending the Dolphins @ Jets game October 28, 2012. We will be staying somewhere in the Manhattan area. My question is regarding the best transportation idea to/from the game.

We would love to tailgate and party at the game, so having a vehicle to "set up shop" in the tailgate parking lot would be ideal. However, if we can go the whole trip without renting a car, we would prefer it. Also, as it's 4 gentlemen attending, it would be optimal if we could all enjoy some overpriced beer all afternoon. :)

So here's my question: what's the best option from Manhattan to MetLife stadium? Car rental would give us a spot to "set up" our tailgate. But then we'd have to deal with traffic and have a D/D. Taxi/subway would be easier but we wouldn't have a home base at the all-important tailgate party. We also have to consider we will likely be carrying a bunch of stuff.... beer, snacks, footballs, etc.

Thoughts from any fellow Jets fans or football experts on the board?

Thanks so much!

Well Tailgate Joe runs the JN tailgate for most (if not all) home games, so that might take care of all of your desires right there. You can check out his website for more info: www.tailgatejoe.com

If you decide to do that, then I'd recommend forgetting the car and just taking the train to the game. It's really easy to get in and out and you get to avoid all of the traffic mess. If you're coming from the city you just need to connect through Secaucus Junction for the train to the Meadowlands.

Hey guys, thanks for the mentions.

As to the original poster, I run tailgatejoe.com, the biggest and best gameday fan club/tailgate party at all jets home games. You are more than welcome to join us. We take of everything, including some kickass food and beer. We are also located close to the train station at the game.

Hey guys, thanks for the mentions.

As to the original poster, I run tailgatejoe.com, the biggest and best gameday fan club/tailgate party at all jets home games. You are more than welcome to join us. We take of everything, including some kickass food and beer. We are also located close to the train station at the game.

Not a problem, just give me a heads up as to when I can expect my commission check. :-P

Archived