Braylon Edwards to sign with the Seahawks

Ranick10

I think that possibility was pretty clearly put to bed with the drafting of Hill, at least the speculation can end now.

Agreed. It was still a possibility if the Jets coaches really thought the WR's we have were having a hard time, but unlikely.

I'm happy for him and still think he's got tons in the tank.

Agreed. It was still a possibility if the Jets coaches really thought the WR's we have were having a hard time, but unlikely.

I'm happy for him and still think he's got tons in the tank.

Yeah, I was a fan of his while he was here and wish him luck in every game but his one vs the Jets this year, but between the return of Holmes, Keller and Kerley, the drafting of Hill, and Lal bringing in his buddy Schilens, it wasn't going to happen.

Yeah, I was a fan of his while he was here and wish him luck in every game but his one vs the Jets this year, but between the return of Holmes, Keller and Kerley, the drafting of Hill, and Lal bringing in his buddy Schilens, it wasn't going to happen.

Don't forget Patrick Turner buddy! :D

I would have HATED it if he went to Miami. This is much better for me

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seahawks have signed veteran wide receiver Braylon Edwards, adding another experienced pass catcher to the training camp competition for the No. 2 receiver spot.

NFC West Blog

sando_mike_m.jpg ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

Network: NFL Nation

League sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Edwards agreed to a one-year deal.

Edwards signed his deal with the Seahawks on Tuesday morning and he was expected to be on the practice field later in the day.

The 29-year-old Edwards played in nine games last season for San Francisco. He caught 15 passes for 181 yards and no touchdowns during an injury-plagued year that saw him get released by the 49ers in December. Two seasons ago with the New York Jets, Edwards had 53 catches for 904 yards and seven touchdowns.

Edwards also had a tryout last week for Miami. The Seahawks are seeking a receiver to start opposite Sidney Rice after releasing Mike Williams earlier in July.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I do too Court ... don't get those that didn't think he contributed strong while he was here.

I don't think anyone thinks he wasn't a solid contributor here, but something's up with the guy. Once the Jets decided not to resign him, the best deal he could get off a 900 yard 7 TD season on the NY GroundnPounders was a one year incentive laden one year contract on the '9ers. And he couldn't even finish out that one season. Next he lasts until the following training camp before anyone's willing to give him a shot.

The Jets are happy to be without him, and the rest of the league isn't exactly banging down his door.

Archived