Practice Notes from Today (8/20)

Ryno the Jet

Sanchez played to Eli's level on Sat night...

It is all how you spin it... spin away haters..

I will enjoy the SB win this year more than you can dream of... I am driving the wagon so fast you won't be able to jump on!

Well to be fair we are the only offense that hasn't scored a touchdown thusfar. Then again, I really put no stock in pre-season at all. It's nice to see certain guys play well, gives you a little confidence... but it doesn't mean anything.

ESPN.com: New York Jets [Print without images]

Monday, August 20, 2012

Three things we learned on Day 26

By Rich Cimini

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Observations from Monday:

1. Austin Howard isn't a serious threat to Wayne Hunter: If he was, he'd have received more than four or five reps Monday with the starters. Obviously, that could change as the week goes on -- still four practices before Sunday night's game against the Panthers -- but the vibe I get is that the organization still thinks Hunter is the best right tackle on the roster. That, of course, doesn't preclude them from importing a right tackle.

2. Tony Sparano is a patient man. It belies his on-the-field demeanor -- i.e. barking at players -- but the new offensive boss actually seemed rather calm when questioned about the brutal start by his unit. He certainly was a lot calmer than than call-in yahoos who already have decided the Jets have no chance in 2012. It's a smart approach by Sparano. If he's too critical and starts getting hot and bothered, it conveys a bad message to his players and the public -- panic. Remember, they're learning a new system and there will be growing pains. Sparano must be mindful of that while maintaining a sense of accountability.

3. Tone Time is approaching. Injured WR Santonio Holmes (ribs) wore a red jersey and participated in positional drills, running full speed and catching passes. That's a positive development for the offense. Rex Ryan didn't rule out Holmes for Sunday night, but I'd be surprised if he plays. Why risk it? As much as they'd like to see him out there, stabilizing the Kiddie Corps of receivers, the Jets have to realize the most important thing is opening day.

Oooh! Oooh! What number am I?

Don't worry, you're up there pretty high. I'll never understand why people are happier when the team does bad. Fans of rival teams, sure, I get that, but when fans of the team they supposedly root for are happier when the team does bad so they can come here and puff out their chests and say "see, I was right"? That's just pitiful.

Eli was so bad in his first few years, I thought for sure the Giants were gonna axe him. It still surprises me that he's any good... there were so many games where he looked like Rex Grossman.

I especially loved the underhand INT he threw down at the goal line a couple of years ago vs. Dallas. What made it better was that he threw that gem left handed. Giants' fans are probably happy they stuck by him now though.

Don't worry, you're up there pretty high. I'll never understand why people are happier when the team does bad. Fans of rival teams, sure, I get that, but when fans of the team they supposedly root for are happier when the team does bad so they can come here and puff out their chests and say "see, I was right"? That's just pitiful.

Link?

You are confusing how someone might feel vindicated to be proven correct when they expressed from day one that player X or coach X sucks and was a bad draft choice, hire etc versus as you put it, "being happier when their team does bad"

Archived