I am sick of all this Tebow starting crud, What do you guys think?

drocksthaparty

Here let me give everyone the blanket statement we all can use:

The QB I support (insert name of whichever one that is) looks bad because he is behind a bunch of shlubs who can't block and is stuck with shmucks that can't make plays, whereas the QB you support (insert name of whichever one that is) looks bad because he sucks.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-season or not, Bradford - who I think you, as well as many others, predicted would be hideous with the arrival of Schottenheimer - has looked razor sharp and the model of efficient QBing and his #1 WR is still Danny friggin' Amendola.

Well, if Sanchez had the impenetrable wall of Rodger Saffold/Quinn Ojinnaka/Robert Turner/Harvey Dahl/Barry Richardson blocking for him, he would look razor sharp too.

Here let me give everyone the blanket statement we all can use:

The QB I support (insert name of whichever one that is) looks bad because he is behind a bunch of shlubs who can't block and is stuck with shmucks that can't make plays, whereas the QB you support (insert name of whichever one that is) looks bad because he sucks.

What about those of us who think that every QB currently in the employ of the NY Jets sucks?

There is no reason because it isn't true. I don't make the connection with Sanchez not throwing it to the Jets not allowing him to throw it. He doesn't throw it because he doesn't see it unless it's his primary read getting wide open and him having 4 seconds to throw without having to avoid any pass rush at all.

That is why you don't see him throw it deep as much as you'd like.

But for the record, the following QBs threw deeper passes on a lower percentage of their attempts:

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Matthew Stafford

In other words, all 3 QBs who threw for over 5000 yards last year.

The kid is just not a good QB. I wish it wasn't so because he's here for this entire season and all of next year no matter how bad he is. But this is the way it is. Desiring him to be good doesn't make him good.

Pre-season or not, Bradford - who I think you, as well as many others, predicted would be hideous with the arrival of Schottenheimer - has looked razor sharp and the model of efficient QBing and his #1 WR is still Danny friggin' Amendola. Meanwhile Sanchez looks even worse than he did last year while claiming to reporters he thinks he's doing well.

I cant refute this, the only thing I can say is that Sanchez doesnt trust his offensive line which imo gives him the bad case of tunnel vision. I think that he feels that he doesnt have the time to go through all his reads. Thats hard to get over when you get smacked in your face 5 times a night.

I cant refute this, the only thing I can say is that Sanchez doesnt trust his offensive line which imo gives him the bad case of tunnel vision. I think that he feels that he doesnt have the time to go through all his reads. Thats hard to get over when you get smacked in your face 5 times a night.

I think you're reaching here, considering that he's locked onto his primary read from the day he entered the league, back when he had an offensive line among the top units in the game.

Plus, if he ever scanned the field, he might actually pick up rushers coming free in his peripheral vision and could step up into the pocket to buy himself more time.

Basketball-sportscaster-towel.gif

Love your new picture. It's odd, though. You seem to have put on all this weight but still somehow look like stiff wind could push you backwards. Strange.

More than anything else, this is what will be the ultimate nut-punch for Jets fans this year. If that Rams offense succeeds, and Schottenheimer is vindicated, I might cry.

Would love to see how that one is rationalized while we're stuck with Suckchez and his impossible to trade or cut 8-figure cap hit again next season.

Rule of thumb: if you couldn't trade a player with his current contract then said player was not worth said contract. It means no one else would pay him that much and we have, therefore, overpaid.

Would love to see how that one is rationalized while we're stuck with Suckchez and his impossible to trade or cut 8-figure cap hit again next season.

Rule of thumb: if you couldn't trade a player with his current contract then said player was not worth said contract. It means no one else would pay him that much and we have, therefore, overpaid.

People so inclined to defend Sanchez will just concede that Bradford is a better player, then demonize Chas Schilens.

More than anything else, this is what will be the ultimate nut-punch for Jets fans this year. If that Rams offense succeeds, and Schottenheimer is vindicated, I might cry.

To be fair to us, we watched Schottenheimer suck with multiple QBs here. The Rams doing well would be the fluke so far.

In all honesty, who got hurt Dillon Gee? That's the reason the Mets fell apart?

Im going to lean on my theory that they werent very good to begin with.

Right. Dillan Gee. That's the primary guy I was talking about. Not the 100 million dollar pitcher who threw a no-hitter and was pretty dominant until his ankle went. Glad to see you're up on the roster enough to be condescending towards my outlook on it.

I think you're reaching here, considering that he's locked onto his primary read from the day he entered the league, back when he had an offensive line among the top units in the game.

Plus, if he ever scanned the field, he might actually pick up rushers coming free in his peripheral vision and could step up into the pocket to buy himself more time.

That would probably be so if his RT wasnt Wayne Hunter. As I said, it can be called a reach by you, but it can also be called a terrible Oline by me. I expect a rookie or a 1st year pro to "lock in" if you will. However last year's line was atrocious, and from the looks of it, nothings changed.

That would probably be so if his RT wasnt Wayne Hunter. As I said, it can be called a reach by you, but it can also be called a terrible Oline by me. I expect a rookie or a 1st year pro to "lock in" if you will. However last year's line was atrocious, and from the looks of it, nothings changed.

Yeah, when there's a known weak spot on the line, the best course of action is to completely ****ing ignore the direction from which the rush is most likely to come.

Yeah, when there's a known weak spot on the line, the best course of action is to completely ****ing ignore the direction from which the rush is most likely to come.

Yeah, as if Brick didnt have a bad year last year, as if Mangold wasnt hurt and really wasnt the mangold of old when he came back, as if Slauson wasnt suspect at times.

Anyway...

You're right he has tunnel vision. However, the question is, is that because of the line, or because he doesn't have the skillset to go through his progressions? In 2009 when the line was at it's best with him, it's not like he went through his progressions well. We haven't seen much of a decline in his play overall. And, we know he didn't really need to go through progressions at USC, as he rarely faced pressure and his WRs were almost always open.

Maybe he just can't do it? It sure looks that way.

You're right he has tunnel vision. However, the question is, is that because of the line, or because he doesn't have the skillset to go through his progressions? In 2009 when the line was at it's best with him, it's not like he went through his progressions well. We haven't seen much of a decline in his play overall. And, we know he didn't really need to go through progressions at USC, as he rarely faced pressure and his WRs were almost always open.

In 2009 he was a rookie. In 2012 the oline is weak. It sure looks that way .

The line was actually better in pass protection in 2010 and 2011 than it was in 2009. Sanchez still looks like a rookie.

The line was actually better in pass protection in 2010 and 2011 than it was in 2009. Sanchez still looks like a rookie.

Probably from a numbers standpoint, but from actual gameplay they werent. Are you telling me that you'd rather have the oline from 2011 than 2009? Exactly. Again, you're relating that to a 09 rookie season. Some could easily say that stat wise Sanchez had his best year last year, yet game wise it still didnt look very good.

We can keep pretending that this oline isnt the problem, the bottomline here is that the only person "in development" on the offense IS the quarterback. The rest of these guys should be doing their damn job.

To be fair that can be said about most QBs that come out of great programs, as someone else posted, when the Gators won the title in 2008 Tebow had the benefit of Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy, Aaron Hernandez, David Nelson and Riley Cooper on that same team.

If you have Harvin come out of the backfield there probably aren't many NFL defenses that could cover all of them for the amount of time that the Pouncey twins and Marcus Gilbert protected Tebow.

That's fine. But without any indication of improvement, you're just assuming that he would have/is capable of. There's no evidence to support that he can because we've never seen it. The argument then boils down to hope.

Archived