Really Tebow

Joe Jets fan

Teblow doesnt care if we put him down.

Complaining someone sucks doesnt mean you stop rooting for a team or enjoy when a sh*tty player actually does something good.

I know exactly where you guys are coming from trust me I know 100%.....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The essence of this thread is completely accurate. But all of the HILARIOUSLY cynical self-felating "realist" Jet fans will make their dumbass used up jokes and continue to ignore the fact that Mark Sanchez, crappy as he is, is 10x the NFL quarterback that Tim Tebow is.

If i could self fellate myself I would never have time to post on JN.

Keep saying that enough times it may come true....come on dude.

If anyone in the NFL thought that Tebowmania wasn't smoke & mirrors, he'd be a starting QB somewhere right now. Instead, he's doing the punt protection work for the Jets in between stints of putting up a passer rating of 26.5. He's years away from being an NFL QB, and that's if someone is willing to put that kind of investment in him.

With all the injuries the Jets have at TE, they might think about using him there. He's got the build for it.

If anyone in the NFL thought that Tebowmania wasn't smoke & mirrors, he'd be a starting QB somewhere right now. Instead, he's doing the punt protection work for the Jets in between stints of putting up a passer rating of 26.5. He's years away from being an NFL QB, and that's if someone is willing to put that kind of investment in him.

With all the injuries the Jets have at TE, they might think about using him there. He's got the build for it.

Let's see what your story is when we win 1 game because of him. Give the kid a chance that's all I am saying.

Let's see what your story is when we win 1 game because of him. Give the kid a chance that's all I am saying.

I already said I'm all for him running the wildcat. He's just not a QB. That story isn't changing.

What do you mean by "win."

"Win" as in suck the entire game, but the defense keeps it low scoring, and then because of a short week, the high altitude, and tired defense, Tebow has a game winning TD in the final minutes?

Or "win" as in playing in high altitude again, the opposing QB has a broken ankle, and the opposing DC has an utter brain fart and calls nothing but Zero Safety when the only way Tebow can hurt a team with his arm is with no coverage deep?

If those factors repeat themselves again, I think you may be onto something.

What do you mean by "win."

"Win" as in suck the entire game, but the defense keeps it low scoring, and then because of a short week, the high altitude, and tired defense, Tebow has a game winning TD in the final minutes?

Or "win" as in playing in high altitude again, the opposing QB has a broken ankle, and the opposing DC has an utter brain fart and calls nothing but Zero Safety when the only way Tebow can hurt a team with his arm is with no coverage deep?

If those factors repeat themselves again, I think you may be onto something.

Nice, let me spell it out a bit...win like we didn't do last year against the Raiders, Giants and Broncos....how is that for your.

If the choice is Sanchez or Tebow, I'm taking Sanchez.

If the choice is Tebow or pretty much anyone else I'll take pretty much anyone else.

The kid lacks the necessary skills to play the position and be successful at this level.

Ok...I have said Sanchez has to be our starter. But needs to cut down his mistakles by 50% for us to be successful this year.

All I said about Tebow is we need him to compliment Sanchez some how some way. And if that is done and he helps us win then what is the problem with that?

Ok...I have said Sanchez has to be our starter. But needs to cut down his mistakles by 50% for us to be successful this year.

All I said about Tebow is we need him to compliment Sanchez some how some way. And if that is done and he helps us win then what is the problem with that?

There is no problem with that. I just don't see it as a necessity. If Sanchez cuts down on his mistakes by 50% there will literally be no need for Tebow whatsoever.

There is no problem with that. I just don't see it as a necessity. If Sanchez cuts down on his mistakes by 50% there will literally be no need for Tebow whatsoever.

punt protector, wildcat, short yardage back, locker room prayer leader, other stuff.

h8r

That's the issue, I still don't think that sanchez alone will be the answer. Maybe I am wrong but I was just coming from the angle that Tebow can help, instead of looking at it as just a negative, because he is on the team and that being said I would hope Sparano would see an opportunity to intergrate him correctly.....

That's the issue, I still don't think that sanchez alone will be the answer. Maybe I am wrong but I was just coming from the angle that Tebow can help, instead of looking at it as just a negative, because he is on the team and that being said I would hope Sparano would see an opportunity to intergrate him correctly.....

Dude, it's not like I would be unhappy if Tebow positively contributed to the team. I just doubt it.

Spot on. The Pitt play-off game (insane Pitt defensive game plan) has lots of fans blinded to the fact of how bad he really was and is.

Denver strongly considered starting Quinn behind center on all passing downs and bringing Tebow in for 3rd and short situations for that game. Great guy, great attitude and a great runner. I wish him success since he is a Jet but as of now, he simply is not a NFL QB. NFL defenses always catch up with gimmick offenses at the end of the day and that is what he is.

Heath Evans just made the case for Tebow starting on the NFL network..

Like Parcells said (paraphrasing) about TT, you'd have to go all in, and run a weird college style

spread offense that played to his skill set.

Tim has never looked like other QBs.. never. He has always looked weird to me, running too.

But he usually gets the job done, in so many words.

There is way more to TT than relegating him to some position he is even less familiar with,

than trying to squeeze himself into "an NFL QB" ..which he will in fact, probably never be.

If, on the other hand, he finds himself with a coaching staff who is willing to play those intangibles, and

the nose for the end zone he has, to its fullest potential.. He will be something more than special, and pretty much

everyone is aware of that. It just remains to be seen when that will happen.

Heath Evans just made the case for Tebow starting on the NFL network..

Like Parcells said (paraphrasing) about TT, you'd have to go all in, and run a weird college style

spread offense that played to his skill set.

Tim has never looked like other QBs.. never. He has always looked weird to me, running too.

But he usually gets the job done, in so many words.

There is way more to TT than relegating him to some position he is even less familiar with,

than trying to squeeze himself into "an NFL QB" ..which he will in fact, probably never be.

If, on the other hand, he finds himself with a coaching staff who is willing to play those intangibles, and

the nose for the end zone he has, to its fullest potential.. He will be something more than special, and pretty much

everyone is aware of that. It just remains to be seen when that will happen.

You do understand that this is the NFL right?

Denver strongly considered starting Quinn behind center on all passing downs and bringing Tebow in for 3rd and short situations for that game.

Where did you get this information..or did you just make it up ?

You do realize you're talking about a QB that has the second highest PER ever..as in for ever of any NCAA Div 1 QB..(yes I know its not the NFL, in that case, he has added himself to the list of rare QBs that have thrown for over 300 in a playoff game, something it took P.Manning years to do)

I guess I am one of those idiots that realizes that a QB is only as good as the players he has to throw to, or work with.

You take Welker, Hernandez and Gronk (and now Lloyd and Demps) away from Brady, and the Pats go 8-8, this year.

Sure he looks like sh*t at present throwing to Hayden Smith the rugby player, and guys that will be cut this week, but

I wonder how many people who evaluate TT even have an idea what the game is about..obviously, Rex Ryan, Mike T, Tony Sparano

and guys like Bill Parcells must be some stupid ass people compared to the fan base.

If you don't like Tebow, great.. I don't like a lot of people either.. especially "know it all" types.

He is a beast, and the JETS cut him lose the other night, in the last few minutes, and most of you guys missed it entirely. The Broncos coaching staff did the same thing with him several times last year, and he managed to eek a win out of a loss when they did so.

He will never "look" like a conventional QB, I gave up a long time ago..and don't care.

Its not that Tebow doesnt look like a conventional QB and to think its only thst is ridiculous.

Tebow was successful in the spread offense in college because he had a college career compl. percentage of 64%. He was 70% his senior year. He's been 37% this preseason and 46% last year. To argue that a team should go "all in" on him before he can prove that he can complete a majority of his throws on a pro level is absurd.

Tebow is not an NFL QB and he wont be until he ups his compl. percentage dramatically. That has nothing to do with being "conventional qb" but rather, a baseline level of QB competence.

Archived