Most Overrated Teams going into the 2012 NFL Season!!

BlackDynamite

Seriously???? Mark Sanchez is Capn Checkdown 2.0 because Trent Edwards is Capn Checkdown 1.0!!!! Every crappy thing that Sanchez still does after 50+ starts, Edwards did first! He's strictly a backup QB ... a team can win a few games with him at QB as long as they aren't facing a good defense, and especially NOT a good 3-4 defense. The dude cannot make pre-snap reads to save his own life ... and he loves to throw 3 yard passes on third-and-tens!

Yeah because the Bills (just like the Jets) were an offensive juggernaut with the talent as well for Edwards.

Just because a team stumbles occassionally in the postseason doesn't mean they're any less of a contender. I didn't say they're the best team in the game, just a SB contender. When you consider that they've gone 37-11 the last 3 years and won a Super Bowl, they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I just hate the Saints and that stupid dome.

But to compare the talent on offense in NO to the Jets isnt fair. Graham, Colston, Sproles, Thomas would all start here.

Seriously???? Mark Sanchez is Capn Checkdown 2.0 because Trent Edwards is Capn Checkdown 1.0!!!! Every crappy thing that Sanchez still does after 50+ starts, Edwards did first! He's strictly a backup QB ... a team can win a few games with him at QB as long as they aren't facing a good defense, and especially NOT a good 3-4 defense. The dude cannot make pre-snap reads to save his own life ... and he loves to throw 3 yard passes on third-and-tens!

He's 4-2 in the playoffs. His career record is 32-22. So yeah, I guess a team can win "a few" games with him.

Has Fitzy ever started a playoff game?

Just because a team stumbles occassionally in the postseason doesn't mean they're any less of a contender. I didn't say they're the best team in the game, just a SB contender. When you consider that they've gone 37-11 the last 3 years and won a Super Bowl, they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

When the Saints won their SB it was because their Defense was Playing out of their Minds same with the Packers Same with the Giants and same with the Colts when P. Manning won his SB. When all of those defenses went in the toilet those teams still won games but they could NOT get it done in the playoffs. period . Defense wins SB's

Oh, Smash.

Heres the deal I think Vick is a dynamic player but hes always hurt and hes not a good QB when going aganist a playoff claiber defense. I think Edwards fits nicely into the eagles WC scheme hes a smart QB and I think that he has enough explosive talent to make him look very good in a short WC passing attack . I think the player fits.

When the Saints won their SB it was because their Defense was Playing out of their Minds same with the Packers Same with the Giants and same with the Colts when P. Manning won his SB. When all of those defenses went in the toilet those teams still won games but they could NOT get it done in the playoffs. period . Defense wins SB's

The Saints won their first playoff game in 2009 45-14 over Arizona. Brees threw for 3 TD's.

They won the Vikings game 31-28 in OT. Brees again threw for 3 TD's.

In the Super Bowl, the Saints beat Indy 31-17. Brees threw for 2 TD's.

Sure, the defense came through, but playing "out of their minds"? Right. Brees led them to victory, particularly in that Minnesota game when they needed every bit of offense and a game-winning OT drive to out-duel Favre and co.

The Saints, Packers and Colts are proof that defense wins SB's? Dear lord.

The Niners had a significantly better running game than the Jets last year, and they improved their passing game by signing Mario Manningham from the Gnats as well as Randy Moss rather than ignoring their obvious weaknesses, unlike the Jets. Obviously, the Niners are NOT attempting to turn the clock back to 1985 like the Jets seem to want to do, which is why they are NOT being criticized for being a team that likes to run.

FTR, they actually have some playmakers on offense, too:

Alex Smith >>>>> Mark Sanchez

Frank Gore >>>>>>>>>> Shonn Greene

Vernon Davis >>>>> Dustin Keller

Mario Manningham >>> Santonio Holmes

Michael Crabtree >>> Jeremy Kerley

Randy Moss >>> Steven Hill

Are you saying Alex Smith is a playmaker on that offense??

I guess I can't argue some of your points like comparing a would be #1 WR (Crabtree) drafted in the 1st round to a 5th round slot receiver (Kerley).

Geez 80 Im not trying to take anything away from Brees why are you trying to make it sound like I am ?? Brees is a big part of that offense but hes had similar players around him for years Moore Henderson Thomas Colston Sproles played with him in SD its easy to add 1 or 2 guys to that mix and its why Graham had such a big impact so fast hes stepped into an established offense .... What have the Jets established and who has been on this roster for Sanchez his first 3 years ? Greene and Keller ?

Look, I won't argue that the Saints don't have better talent on O. But its not this "leaps and bounds" you keep trying to push is ridiculous. Marques Colston, Lance Moore, and Devery Henderson are not these overwhelming weapons. Graham is, but Brees has won a Super Bowl without him.

There's a reason why he's among the highest paid players in the game and the other 10 guys on offense are paid peanuts by comparison. They just let go of a star guard, Carl Nicks, to the Bucs because they are paying their QB all the money. If we did that to Sanchez all of us would have been screaming about it all offseason long. What does that tell you?

The Saints, Packers and Colts are proof that defense wins SB's? Dear lord.

The year the Saints won the SB their Defense played well all year and shut down King Peyton in the SB where he threw a nice pick six in the clutch.

The Packers won their SB when their Defense was top ranked and making big plays all year long

The Colts won their SB when their Defense got red hot and shut everyone down during that run.

Im not saying it was the only factor but none of those teams have won a SB since and their defenses have stunk. There are a lot of explosive offenses in this league now and your bound t run into one or 2 in the playoffs, if your defense does not hold up you cant win. You want to question that logic be my guest.

The year the Saints won the SB their Defense played well all year and shut down King Peyton in the SB where he threw a nice pick six in the clutch.

The Packers won their SB when their Defense was top ranked and making big plays all year long

The Colts won their SB when their Defense got red hot and shut everyone down during that run.

Im not saying it was the only factor but none of those teams have won a SB since and their defenses have stunk. There are a lot of explosive offenses in this league now and your bound t run into one or 2 in the playoffs, if your defense does not hold up you cant win. You want to question that logic be my guest.

Yet the Packers and Saints continue to win double-digit games and make the playoffs. Huh, wonder why that is.....

Look, I won't argue that the Saints don't have better talent on O. But its not this "leaps and bounds" you keep trying to push is ridiculous. Marques Colston, Lance Moore, and Devery Henderson are not these overwhelming weapons. Graham is, but Brees has won a Super Bowl without him.

There's a reason why he's among the highest paid players in the game and the other 10 guys on offense are paid peanuts by comparison. They just let go of a star guard, Carl Nicks, to the Bucs because they are paying their QB all the money. If we did that to Sanchez all of us would have been screaming about it all offseason long. What does that tell you?

you keep only naming the WR's and TE do you realize what Sproles rought to that offense and what Peirre Thomas brings ? Do you realize Brees has superior talent at every leve of that offense ? Its not just about one thing its abut te sum of all the parts. Im not sure why you cant grasp this. The Jets are not close. Also do you realise when the Saonts won the SB they had one of the best Running games in the NFL right up at the top where we were that year around 170 YPG

you keep only naming the WR's and TE do you realize what Sproles rought to that offense and what Peirre Thomas brings ?

Nothing more than about the league average at the position overall. Seriously, none of those are the common denominator of why that offense has been uber-successful since 2006.

Nothing more than about the league average at the position. Seriously, none of those are the common denominator of why that offense has been uber-successful since 2006.

Sproles led the league in all purpose yeards last year. He's certainly a reason. And I believe Thomas led the league in *GASP* DVOA for running backs.

Yet the Packers and Saints continue to win double-digit games and make the playoffs. Huh, wonder why that is.....

Ive explained to you if you would bother to read it that these teams will still continue to win a lot of regular season games but the playoffs are different. You cant get into shootouts every game and expect to win all of them. This is why the Packers lost last year and the Saints have not won since. No matter how powerful their offenses are they will not win with 32nd ranked defenses Sorry but its not happening

Ive explained to you if you would bother to read it that these teams will still continue to win a lot of regular season games but the playoffs are different. You cant get into shootouts every game and expect to win all of them. This is why the Packers lost last year and the Saints have not won since. No matter how powerful their offenses are they will not win with 32nd ranked defenses Sorry but its not happening

Sure, but isn't it pretty remarkable that the Packers went 15-1 with the 31st ranked defense and the Patriots went to the Super Bowl with the 32-ranked defense? Maybe if they get those units to the middle of the pack like, say, the 2009 Saints D, they'll win it all again.

Meanwhile, If we had a bottom of the barrell defense we'd go 2-14 with Sanchez. THAT'S what an elite QB does for you.

Nothing more than about the league average at the position. Seriously, none of those are the common denominator of why that offense has been uber-successful since 2006.

Ahh ok so Sproles 90 catches is the league average for RB's ?? Are you serious ? If Sproles is not on that team Brees is no wheres near 5400 yeads. You would have to take at least 6-700 yards off that total because Sproles is a threat to score from any part of the field. And trust me defenses have to prepare for that. of course the Jets with similar talent should know all this I mena we do have Joe Mcknight and Bilail Powell for Defenses to cringe about during the week. Simply terrifying. The saints offense is more about its backs and TE's than it is its WR's

Cool story. They're good players, that's why they're in the NFL. But Brees is elite. This is pretty simple.

Watch the Saints play man. Brees is awesome, but having Sproles making people miss out of the backfield is a ncie weapon to have. He's a huge part of that offense. Throwing jump balls to a power forward athletic freak helps too.

The Packers D was good that year, but when the Packers beat the Steelers, the Steelers scored more than their season average.

The Saints D was bottom 3rd all year. They shut down Manning to the tune of 300+ yards through the air. The pressure of them scoring 30-45 ppg is what helped their D.

The Colts D blew and they weren't shutting everybody down. They spotted the Pats an 18 point lead and only won with one minute left. It wasn't exactly a defensive struggle.

You win the game by scoring more points than the other team. Doesn't matter if you win 3-0 or 56-45, but those teams didn't win with defense.

Ahh ok so Sproles 90 catches is the league average for RB's ?? Are you serious ? If Sproles is not on that team Brees is no wheres near 5400 yeads. You would have to take at least 6-700 yards off that total because Sproles is a threat to score from any part of the field. And trust me defenses have to prepare for that. of course the Jets with similar talent should know all this I mena we do have Joe Mcknight and Bilail Powell for Defenses to cringe about during the week. Simply terrifying. The saints offense is more about its backs and TE's than it is its WR's

Yeah, I'd say Sproles is a really good 3rd down back who benefits the most from NO's spread-type offense. When you have a great QB and have to worry about 3 WR's and a superb TE, a "space guy" can easily get lost in the shuffle. Scheme and QB make a scatback like Sproles effective moreso than the talent he brings to the table.

If Sproles were really that special a commodity they wouldn't have drafted injury-prone Mark Ingram and kept around Pierre Thomas. They're RBBC, with each back filling a role. Nothing more.

The Saints haven't won in two whole years!

hes a JAG its all Brees no one else matters

When you're paid over $100 million do do your job, yeah, you're pretty much all that matters. His cap hit of $17.4 million this year is nearly 15 % of the team's entire salary cap. If the Saints reach the $120.6 million cap, that means the other 52 players can make, on average, under $2 million each against the cap. Mind-boggling.

If Sproles were really that special a commodity they wouldn't have drafted injury-prone Mark Ingram and kept around Pierre Thomas. They're RBBC, with each back filling a role. Nothing more.

This is retarded im sorry. Dude broke the all time record for all purpose yards last season. And Ingram was a dumb pick, he sucks. Sproles is a beast.

Watch the Saints play man. Brees is awesome, but having Sproles making people miss out of the backfield is a ncie weapon to have. He's a huge part of that offense. Throwing jump balls to a power forward athletic freak helps too.

Well one thing is for sure, the Saint's didn't really miss a beat when they let Bush go. Granted Bush did some good things in Miami last year, but part of me wonders how McKnight would look in Sproles place with Brees at QB.

Well one thing is for sure, the Saint's didn't really miss a beat when they let Bush go. Granted Bush did some good things in Miami last year, but part of me wonders how McKnight would look in Sproles place with Brees at QB.

Bush wasnt that good in New Orleans. Sproles was a significant upgrade.

Mcknight would not be on the roster and if he was and got as many touches as Sproles he would have a bout 10 fumbles

Archived