Bilal is the answer, and other rants...

Freemanm

One change the Jets can make is to replace the guy who has probably been just as much of a bust as Mark Sanchez - Shonn Green. I can't remember the last time the guy rushed for more than 3 yards on a single play. I think Powell is bigger and has better downfield vision. Regardless, the Jets do need to make a change. I can't remember the last time Shonn Green carried the ball for more than 3 yards in a single play.

I have to admit that last season I wanted to give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt and place the blame for his lack of progress on Brian Schottenheimer. I still do, by the way, but even with Schitty gone, Sanchez is still playing like a rookie. He holds on to the ball for way too long, throws pics that make even the casual football fans scratch their heads, and misses wide open receivers if he has to throw the ball more than 15 yards (he twice missed a wide open Holmes in the Pittsburgh game - it's as if the Steelers weren't even worried about the Jets' deep passing threat). He also still goes with the screen pass option way too often.

I'm not saying that Sanchez is the next Jamarcus Russell, but it's beginning to look like Sanchez is a second-stringer at best. The problem is that Tebow, while he can scramble, CAN'T PASS THE BALL. I don't think Tannenbaum or Johnson even considered that fact when they traded for him.The Jets, or should I say Woody Johnson, got Tim Tebow in the offseason for the same reason he went out and got Brett Favre - publicity. It seems like the Jets don't even know what to do with the guy.

Another problem is Mike Tannenbaum. The Jets biggest concern during the offseason was the OL - a fact that was obvious even to people who don't even know anything about football. Therefore, Tannenbaum's most creative move during the offseason to shore up the OL was to replace Wayne Hunter with Howard Austin? Basically, all he did was swap one second-stringer for another. The Jets also decided to make Matt Slauson the starter AND take a paycut. Nice. Also, VLADIMIR DUCASSE IS STILL ON THE TEAM. 'nuff said.

The saga with Santonio Holmes, which wasn't even addressed AT ALL during the offseason, is rearing its ugly head once again. One of the things that makes the Steelers the Steelers is that they get rid of guys like that (They got rid of a certain former Jets WR, remember?) Now, Holmes is out with a mysterious foot injury that doctors, Chinese herbologists nor new age medicinal experts all can't seem to identify. What a surprise, given how much he likes playing for the Jets and all.

I'm not sure what it is abotu the Jets franchise. They just can't seem to put it all together.

One change the Jets can make is to replace the guy who has probably been just as much of a bust as Mark Sanchez - Shonn Green. I can't remember the last time the guy rushed for more than 3 yards on a single play. I think Powell is bigger and has better downfield vision. Regardless, the Jets do need to make a change. I can't remember the last time Shonn Green carried the ball for more than 3 yards in a single play.

Your memory must not be too good then. His long on the day was 5 yards and he did it 2 or 3 times. Not saying that is or he is great or anything, but this is factually wrong.

What was his average? LOL

3.1 LMAO

Well I did say that I was not saying he played great or is great. With how bad he is doing, there is no need to pile on with incorrect stats. It is obvious Greene should not be a full time starter.

Well I did say that I was not saying he played great or is great. With how bad he is doing, there is no need to pile on with incorrect stats. It is obvious Greene should not be a full time starter.

Agreed. The guy belongs playing the 4th quarter when and if we ever get up by a lead. So in other words. CUT HIM

Agreed. The guy belongs playing the 4th quarter when and if we ever get up by a lead. So in other words. CUT HIM

LOL. I would definitely start Powell at this point, but can't see the point in cutting Greene. Powell needs a backup and I don't think that should be McNight. It's contract year for him, might as well get whatever we can out of him and then it's adios.

LOL. I would definitely start Powell at this point, but can't see the point in cutting Greene. Powell needs a backup and I don't think that should be McNight. It's contract year for him, might as well get whatever we can out of him and then it's adios.

I enjoy your logic. Please feel free to enjoy my lack thereof.

Archived