Dustin Keller, Stephen Hill doubtful for Monday

gsnts725

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000077629/article/jets-te-keller-wr-hill-doubtful-for-texans-tilt?campaign=Twitter_atl_sessler

Dustin Keller, Stephen Hill doubtful for New York Jets

The New York Jets are 2-2, but it certainly doesn't feel that way. The ominous tone to their season has something to do with how they've played through four games, and a lot to do with moving forward minus Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes.

Both are out for the year, meaning Gang Green will host the undefeated Houston Texans on Monday night without arguably their two best players. The Jets might also be without rookie receiver Stephen Hill and tight end Dustin Keller, both listed as doubtful with nagging hamstring injuries. Meanwhile, fullback John Conner (hamstring) is doubtful and running back Joe McKnight (illness) is questionable. (Anybody have Al Toon's phone number handy? Maybe Freeman McNeil while we're at it?)

New York's defense is equally banged-up. Newly acquired cornerback Aaron Berry (ribs), safety Eric Smith (hip, knee) and linebackers Bart Scott (toe) and Bryan Thomas (hamstring) are questionable. Interior lineman Sione Pouha is doubtful with a back injury. His absence won't help against Houston's intense ground game, but the Texans are monitoring the status of running back Ben Tate, who's questionable with a toe injury.

Texans safety Quintin Demps (thumb, forearm) and receiver Lestar Jean (knee) have been ruled out, but the Texans ride into MetLife with a relatively healthy roster.

The Jets, here in Week 5, aren't so lucky.

Chaz Schilens, jeremy kerley, clyde gates, jason hill, jeff cumberland.......ladies and gentlemen i present your 2012 jets wide receivers and tight ends as put together by Mr T........keep blaming sanchez...lmfao

Um, I mean if you want to blame him for not having more depth than OK...but almost ANY team's receivers and tight ends are going to look like crap if their #1 and #2 WR are out and their #1 TE is out.

Chaz Schilens, jeremy kerley, clyde gates, jason hill, jeff cumberland.......ladies and gentlemen i present your 2012 jets wide receivers and tight ends as put together by Mr T........keep blaming sanchez...lmfao

So basically you're blaming Tanny for the injuries to not only the Jets starting two wide receivers, but their starting TE as well.. There are so many other justifiable avenues to go down to blame Tanny, and you choose this one?? Righttt.

For what it's worth, I think Kerley is going to have a big day. We'll see how he reacts to getting more attention, but the kid just seems to catch everything that comes his way and has a lot of YAC-ability. He has the highest completion percentage of targets over the last two years of any of our WRs, by a decent margin, so I'm eager to see how he performs given a bigger role. I would imagine they're not going to double either Schilens or Kerley to start off the game and stack the box for greene and co., which will lead to some single-coverage, which I think both are capable of beating. I don't think we'll win this game by any means, but I do think our passing game will look significantly better this week than last (which isn't really saying much).

im not blaming Tanny for injuries.....the talent level on this team was piss poor waaay before the injuries......if you include Holmes and Keller they are still in the bottom 20 percent of talent in the league.....if you could trade skill positions (RB, TE, WR) with ANY team in the afc east for this year and the future wouldnt you do it in a heartbeat??? i sure would

the dolphins, patriots, and bills just have more talent on the offensive side of the ball than this team...healthy or not

im not blaming Tanny for injuries.....the talent level on this team was piss poor waaay before the injuries......if you include Holmes and Keller they are still in the bottom 20 percent of talent in the league.....if you could trade skill positions (RB, TE, WR) with ANY team in the afc east for this year and the future wouldnt you do it in a heartbeat??? i sure would

With the Patriots? Sure. Welker, Lloyd, Gronk and Hernandez alone...

With the Bills? Not sure. Jackson is nearly shot, but Spiller is the real deal. They have 1 great WR in Stevie Johnson and a good TE. But we've got Holmes, Keller, Hill and Kerley. I'd call it a wash.

With the Dolphins? Not a chance.

With the Bills? Not sure. Jackson is nearly shot, but Spiller is the real deal. They have 1 great WR in Stevie Johnson and a good TE. But we've got Holmes, Keller, Hill and Kerley. I'd call it a wash.

With the Dolphins? Not a chance.

lol cmon stoics....you wouldn't rather have fjax/spiller combo over green/powell?? stevie johnson better than holmes.....chandler has a td like 4 games in a row....

give me Bush over Greene all day long and twice on tuesday...not to mention Daniel Thomas.....i know everyone is on hartlines nut after last week but i actually like Bess better..........

Lets not forget we couldnt even get our diva #1 WR off the bench in the final game last year

now that i think about it.....you could make the arguement that the back up and 3rd string running back on EVERY afc east team should and could be starting for the Jets over S Greene right now....

Pats - D woodhead, S vereen, S Ridley

Bills - Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Tashard Choice

Dolphins - R Bush, D Thomas, L Miller

the arguement can be made that they are ALL better than Greene....yet WE are the ground and pound team lol

lol cmon stoics....you wouldn't rather have fjax/spiller combo over green/powell?? stevie johnson better than holmes.....chandler has a td like 4 games in a row....

give me Bush over Greene all day long and twice on tuesday...not to mention Daniel Thomas.....i know everyone is on hartlines nut after last week but i actually like Bess better..........

Lets not forget we couldnt even get our diva #1 WR off the bench in the final game last year

With the RB's, it's no question.

With the WR's and TE's, I think we're just at least as good as the Bills and better than the Dolphins.

Re: the Bills - Stevie slight edge on Holmes, Chandler and Keller can go either way on, and I'll take the combo of Hill and Kerley over the other stuff they've got.

And the Dolphins, yeah, I would take Holmes, Hill and Kerley over Bess, Hartline, etc. Definitely.

This can call for only one solution Tebow time. Atleast he may get the players and fans spirits up. Start him. Get a spark going around these turds, and win the game...ps, what the heck is up with Keller he tweaked the hammy week 1, its week 5 for lords sake. Is he ever gonna return?

Archived