Josh Freeman has a quarterback rating on the season of 94.6, with 21 TDs and 7 INTs

T0mShane

That may be true, but Freeman's bad years have been pretty much on a par with Sanchez's numbers during those same years, and he had much less talent around him until this season when his team finally got him some weapons. Sanchez had a much better team around him in 2009 and 2010, and didn't put up particularly good numbers:

Freeman:

2009: 10 games, 9 starts, 54.5% completions, 1855 yds, 6.4 ypa, 10 TDs, 18 INTs, 2 lost fumbles, 20 sacks, 59.9 rating

2010: 16 games, 16 starts, 61.4% completions, 3451 yards, 7.3 ypa, 25 TDs, 6 INTs, 3 lost fumbles, 28 sacks, 95.9 rating

2011: 15 games, 15 starts. 62.8% completions, 3592 yards, 6.5 ypa, 16 TDs, 22 INTs, 5 lost fumbles, 29 sacks, 74.6 rating

2012: 10 games, 10 starts, 56.4% completions, 2505 yards, 7.9 ypa, 21 TDs, 7 INTs, 1 lost fumble, 14 sacks

Sanchez:

2009: 15 games, 15 starts, 53.8% completions, 2444 yards, 6.7 ypa, 12 TDs, 20 INTs, 3 lost fumbles, 26 sacks, 63.0 rating.

2010: 16 games, 16 starts, 54.8% completions, 3291 yards, 6.5 ypa, 17 TDs, 13 INTS, 1 lost fumble, 27 sacks, 75.3 rating

2011: 16 games, 16 starts, 56.7% completions, 3474 yards, 6.4 ypa, 26 TDs, 18 INTs, 8 lost fumbles, 39 sacks, 78.2 rating

2012: 11 games, 11 starts, 55.4% completions, 2339 yards, 6.7 ypa, 12 TDs, 10 INTs, 5 lost fumbles, 26 sacks, 75.6 rating

Where was all this offensive talent Sanchez had, led by Brian Schottenheimer?

I missed those games......

BD

Where was all this offensive talent Sanchez had, led by Brian Schottenheimer?

I missed those games......

BD

The Jets had a great OL in 2009 and 2010 and still have a decent one now. They also had decent WRs and RBs in 2009 and 2010. Until this season, they had better offensive talent than Tampa Bay, and Brian Schottenheimer is 10X the offensive coordinator that Tony Sparano can ever hope to be. Scapegoat Schottenheimer for the FO's poor decisions.

You need to stop making excuses for Sanchez. His poor play pulls down his teammates. His holding on to the ball too long and lack of pocket awareness makes the OL look far worse than it is because sacks get blamed on the OL. Sanchez's inability to see the field well and his inability to recognize open receivers results in his throwing too much to his outlet receivers, which hurts the running game because teams put 8 in the box to stop both the running game and the short passes. Between his INTs and fumbles, Sanchez puts his teammates under the gun.

The Jets had a great OL in 2009 and 2010 and still have a decent one now. They also had decent WRs and RBs in 2009 and 2010. Until this season, they had better offensive talent than Tampa Bay, and Brian Schottenheimer is 10X the offensive coordinator that Tony Sparano can ever hope to be. Scapegoat Schottenheimer for the FO's poor decisions.

You need to stop making excuses for Sanchez. His poor play pulls down his teammates. His holding on to the ball too long and lack of pocket awareness makes the OL look far worse than it is because sacks get blamed on the OL. Sanchez's inability to see the field well and his inability to recognize open receivers results in his throwing too much to his outlet receivers, which hurts the running game because teams put 8 in the box to stop both the running game and the short passes. Between his INTs and fumbles, Sanchez puts his teammates under the gun.

Ohh.......I didn't see the Bills logo. You've obviously missed several dozens of Jets games.

You might want to keep your lack of Jets knowledge on the DL. I won't tell anyone.......

BD

The NY Jets have not had a legitimate number one WR since Keyshawn was traded. 34 year old Jail birds, and 38 year old loud mouths dont count, sorry. I liked Braylon and he seemed to be coming along nicely with Sanchez, especially in the playoffs, but that clutch performance got him totally ignored during contact time because we had to sign Holmes to 50 mil based on 8 games with the team at that point. Yeah the Jets have done a fine Job. Even at RB we had a washed up LT who would have still been better than anyone on this current roster if we would have signed him for another year. But not only didnt we sign him we didnt even replace him.

Just to let you know NO ONE on these boards or the NFL expected the Jets to be that good defensively when Rex first took over and even that year they did nothing for Sanchez until they realized they had such a great D and they made the desparation signing of Braylon after the 4th game in Sanchez rookie season. Keep in mind Im not sticking up for Sanchez here its just a fact they have done the worst job I have ever seen surrounding their franchise QB at the time with any talent worth a sh*t. Everyone knew Braylon was a time bomb and even though he played well the bomb went off. Holmes was the same deal except he was destroying the locker room instead of the highways and bars.

If you Hate Sanchez thats fine,but the job the Jets have done to develop this kid has been the worst I have seen in this league in many years. I do think we tried but having no idea how to get it done is probably a better assessment

So yeah I can see the Jets moves comparing to the Buc's Drafting of Doug MArtin and the signing of Vincent Jackson

I forget the names of all the awesome "true #1" receivers that made Brady's development so much easier than Sanchez's. By the time they finally acquired one he already had 3 (ill-gotten) SB rings.

Which one of RGIII's receivers is a "true #1"? I'm having some trouble thinking of his name.

If Sanchez had half of the "true #1" receivers that other QBs throw to they'd be merely mediocre and the complaint would be the same.

Ask any Cardinals fan if having a "true #1" receiver will make a terrible QB into a decent one.

I don't have a whole lot of wonderful things to say about the Jets' offensive coaches and present WR corps, but Sanchez is not talented enough between the ears to be good anyway.

I don't have a whole lot of wonderful things to say about the Jets' offensive coaches and present WR corps, but Sanchez is not talented enough between the ears to be good anyway.

I agree but that doesnt excuse the Jets from having the worst offensive talent in the NFL.

I agree but that doesnt excuse the Jets from having the worst offensive talent in the NFL.

Not saying it does. It is gross incompetence and a firing offense, even if I'm not convinced anyone will get fired over it.

I don't doubt that it's a real possibility, but I'll believe it when I see it and not before.

Archived