No really: Who are the HC candidates?

SenorGato

Then don't keep on about Mark Sanchez being talented enough to be an NFL QB by basically (yet again) exclusively blaming other people for his lack of DNA, as though he would have been good anywhere for anyone.

No one could be this inaccurate and this stupid and have this poor instincts and be a good NFL QB. All these things he does, do you seriously think they haven't all been addressed week after week for years? He will not learn. He cannot learn. He cannot become an accurate passer. He is not a leader. He is a mopey bitch who cannot mentally cope with adversity. He is not of starting NFL talent.

We drafted a bust. Why some will refuse to accept that is beyond my comprehension.

He was moving right along, lol. He completed two - TWO - passes and only one of them was really on target. The pass to Cumberland was merely ok at best and Cumberland made a nice catch. But for Sanchez, coming within 3-4 feet of where he wants the ball to be is considered good. It's pathetic, really.

One would think that a fanbase that watched Chad Pennington - for all his obvious faults - QB its team for years wouldn't now pretend they now do not know what an accurately placed pass looks like.

He's a low-talent bum.

Absolving blame on how this team handled Sanchez from the beginning isnt fair. Hell- the reason the Jets drafted him to begin with wasnt fair to Sanchez. The entire organization from the top is a clown show.

Absolving blame on how this team handled Sanchez from the beginning isnt fair. Hell- the reason the Jets drafted him to begin with wasnt fair to Sanchez. The entire organization from the top is a clown show.

I'm not absolving the team of anything. Sanchez is not and was not talented enough to be an NFL QB. The same people who are blamed for his handling are the same ones whose judgments it was that Sanchez could be a legit NFL QB. So they suck also.

I understnd that but what my contntion is has been that nothin can be done without first changing the GM and then we can start debating head coaching candidates-it's a chicken-egg thing

Actually, it isn't a chicken-egg thing. A new head coach doesn't breed a new GM. I think the assumption made here for the purposes of this thread is that we'll have a new GM within a couple of months. We must. If Tannenbaum is still here next year, then you might as well accept the fact that this franchise won't have a chance of being good again until Woody Johnson dies.

This.

The Jets need to become a football-focused organization.

We had football-focused coach in Eric Mangini, but he was too boring..and of course when the Jets traded down w/ Cleveland to take Sanchez

Post,News, Fans all laughing how we fleeced Mangini..okay..With a healthy Chad and Brett before his arm fell off Mangini

is 18-9..yes I know 10-22 in Cleveland with Quinn/Anderson/McCoy .. 3 guys destined for the HOF..In this league you need a QB

and Sanchez was the guy they choose..wrong guy and now its a world of football s**t

The HC is irrelevant at this point. Woody's professional NFL life depends, right now, on finding a High Chancellor to oversee the whole operation, make all the hires, and bring accountability. Woody can be nowhere near a head coaching search. He needs to beg a Polian or a Parcells to come in, build a wall around the personell side, and fix the operation.

Yeah but players play and coaches coach and GMs GM and that's why QBs make more money and herpa dee derpa dee derp derp derp!

Archived