Woody is asking the Guillotine be polished

SouthernJet

I agree....but we do need an OC = Norv? No?

Turner's way overrated. Think Tannenbaum's reputation (or former reputation, anyway) as a cap genius and apply it to OC.

Sparano doesn't have a lot to work with here, but even still IMO Turner would probably still be a noticeable improvement at a minimum.

Assuming they retain Rex, there are worse hires the team could make than Norv Turner to replace Sparano.

And I'll believe Sparano is getting fired after this year only when I see it happen.

Turner's way overrated. Think Tannenbaum's reputation (or former reputation, anyway) as a cap genius and apply it to OC.

Sparano doesn't have a lot to work with here, but even still IMO Turner would probably still be a noticeable improvement at a minimum.

Assuming they retain Rex, there are worse hires the team could make than Norv Turner to replace Sparano.

And I'll believe Sparano is getting fired after this year only when I see it happen.

Ok so if we play out the scenario of status quo for 2013 and only change Sanchez for McElroy, then what do we have?

Tanny has to be a goner, he's done his best to bury us for the forseeable future.

Regardless of Sanchez's contract, a new starting QB has to come in, Sanchez has to go. He's a cancer at this point.

I'd like to see Rex get a chance with a competent QB, so I'd give him a year to see what he can do without the albatross of Sanchez and Tanny. You can't demote Rex, which is unfortunate, but I really like how that defense is shaping up, with that young front developing into a force. It can be an elite group again and as much as people hate him, their aren't many in the league I'd rather have over it. Sparano can get ****ed too, might as well start from scratch on offense, because it's historically bad.

The Jets cap is so tight for 2013 already that there will really be no room to tinker. It's going to be a painful season no matter what. It's that situation that makes the job unattractive to every potential candidate.

A new GM would need to come in and blow it all up. Trade Revis, dump/trade Sanchez for a bag of magic beans, and set themselves up in 2014 with a lot of cap room and a high pick. It would suck, but -IMHO- be preferable to Tannenbaum having another year to tinker. Because that's what he would be trying to do. Undoubtably screwing up the cap in future years in an effort to save his job today.

So basically we are the NY Mets, Tannenbaum is our Omar Minaya, we need a Sandy Alderson, and wont be a contender until at least 2015.

So basically we are the NY Mets, Tannenbaum is our Omar Minaya, we need a Sandy Alderson, and wont be a contender until at least 2015.

Alderson aint doing diddly mon, just gave up 20 wins and mucho innings pitched, 2018 is earliest , re-signing david wright was comical too

Just wait until Tanny whips out "that's false hustle, youknowwhatImean?". Omar provided the best sound bites. From where I stand, we need to Ginsu everyone.

Archived