Ken Wisenhunt - Potential OC candidate?

A Jet from Oz

Chances are, he'll be on his way out of Arizona. He has a very up-and-down track record, but you can put some/most of that down to QB play. He was pretty good in Pittsburgh, and (yes, Kurt Warner was on the team) he did do things well in Arizona. I think he'd be better than Norv, that's for sure.

Chances are, he'll be on his way out of Arizona. He has a very up-and-down track record, but you can put some/most of that down to QB play. He was pretty good in Pittsburgh, and (yes, Kurt Warner was on the team) he did do things well in Arizona. I think he'd be better than Norv, that's for sure.

I am a Whisenhunt fan. Prefer him to Norv as well.

Meh, Whisenhunt changes QB's like the wind changes directions, very rarelyl giving someone a chance to grow in his offense, the only way the Jets will get a great offensive coordinator in here is by actually hiring one as our HC, Norv Turner is horrible, the league passed him by about 3 years ago IMO.

New GM probably means new HC, unless we grab the guy from the Ravens he might let Rex get another year, or if we take on a guy who is willing to take the job with the condition Rex stays on as HC, and that guy will more than likely suck, and is desperate to get a chance anywhere.

If the new GM wants his own HC, he has to go offensive, that is the way of the NFL these days, and my 1st 2 choices are Darrell Bevell, and Tom Clements, and somehow either retain someone who knows the Ryan D, or hire someone who runs a very similar D as Ryan at DC.

A new DC would not have to retain the Ryan D. The Ryan D presently consists of a slow linebacker corps and two fairly old safeties. Our DL has two young studs who deserve better than to be beaten down in a 3-4. I think you can pretty much bring in anybody-but it should preferably a 4-3 guy. And the team has to think about moving Revis-because they need to add talent on both sides of the ball. You need draft picks for that.

Meh, Whisenhunt changes QB's like the wind changes directions, very rarelyl giving someone a chance to grow in his offense, the only way the Jets will get a great offensive coordinator in here is by actually hiring one as our HC, Norv Turner is horrible, the league passed him by about 3 years ago IMO.

New GM probably means new HC, unless we grab the guy from the Ravens he might let Rex get another year, or if we take on a guy who is willing to take the job with the condition Rex stays on as HC, and that guy will more than likely suck, and is desperate to get a chance anywhere.

If the new GM wants his own HC, he has to go offensive, that is the way of the NFL these days, and my 1st 2 choices are Darrell Bevell, and Tom Clements, and somehow either retain someone who knows the Ryan D, or hire someone who runs a very similar D as Ryan at DC.

Another way of looking at it is that he doesn't want to just keep one terrible guy in just to keep him in like Rex did with Sanchez. Problem is both their starting QB and their backup options weren't noticeably better than Rex had.

A new DC would not have to retain the Ryan D. The Ryan D presently consists of a slow linebacker corps and two fairly old safeties. Our DL has two young studs who deserve better than to be beaten down in a 3-4. I think you can pretty much bring in anybody-but it should preferably a 4-3 guy. And the team has to think about moving Revis-because they need to add talent on both sides of the ball. You need draft picks for that.

Give the talent vacuum on this team, moving Revis now for a slew of draft picks would be one of the best moves they can make.

Issue with moving Revis now is his value won't be nearly as high as it would have been pre-injury. Unless they tag him there's no other time to do it, but I'd imagine teams are going to be gun shy until he hits the field again. As unusual as big trades during the season are, they might be better off waiting until he's played a game or two and moving him before the deadline for 2014 picks.

Archived