Arkham Villains - Game Thread

Leelou

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was used to fancy parties and taking care of business, he figured he'd be able to hide among the villains and not be caught. He claimed vanilla trying to fit in and it all seemed to be going to plan. 

He was wrong. 

Crusher, Alfred - Watcher, is dead. 

Alfred_batman_tas.png

It is now night, get in your actions ASAP. 

I'm a Tracker

I followed Crusher to SMC N1

Hess went nowhere N2

I thought SMC was self protecting doc but I guess Tina was just lucky

After SMC flipped I continued poking at Tina hoping mafia would leave me alone for another night

Note that when day broke I went straight after Crusher again

At the moment my scum list is: Crusher, Ape, Darthe/Ishy

Lol I thought you were the cop, that's why I voted you.

So your results doesn't show us Hess' alignment.

So your results doesn't show us Hess' alignment.

True but it does tell us Hess didn't use a power last night which leads me to believe he is likely vanilla and since he and Crusher were at odds I also think it's likely he was town.

Hey Ape?  Why were you posting pictures every post earlier and now you aren't?  

Nice catch on Crusher, Nolder.  I had company all day so I didn't check in.

I was trying to be funny, then I realized it was clogging up the browser when I tried to do a re-read, so I stopped.

You and AVM, seem more invested in keeping JIF alive than not.

ultimatefacepalm.gif

I was only Crusher early and often, he buddied up to JIF and SMC on separate occasions essentially declaring them town, and going after others. His "gotcha" on Smash was a huge ping for me, and the fact that he was essentially setting up the "get behnd the Ape" run at Hess for the next day with the post this was a reponse to, was another huge ping.

Final Vote Count

Crusher (6): Hess, Nol, Tina, Lily, Darthe, Ape

Hess (2): Crusher, Ishy

Not voting: JiF, Nae

With 10 alive it, takes 6 to lynch.

I feel like Hess and Crusher might have been distancing from each other. There's a sequence from the start of this day phase after I lead off voting Crusher, where to scum it must have appeared I got a guilty as Cop. A good wifom for them to choke on. Hess and Crusher did a fair amount of distancing from each other.

I'm going to bump some other posts. I feel like Darthe, Jif/Pac, Lily and Nae are the cluster drawing the most suspicion from me right now. Let's see if it hold up after a bit of re-reading.

Harvey Dent couldn't make up his mind. One part of him wanted to shoot someone dead, the other half was playing it cautious. He flipped his coin and it landed on heads. He knew what it meant and argued with himself. He never noticed when the Caped Crusader snuck up on him. The coin bounced on the ground as Two-Face took his last breath. 

AVM, Two-Face - Vig, is dead. 

Animated_Two-Face_2.jpg

It is now day, with 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch. 

I haven't been able to find time for a re-read, but I think it's time to Vote Crusher.

Scene posted and I immediately voted Crusher.

vote crusher

Hess jumped right on.

Could you really be that bad at this?  

At least you enjoy sucking at this.  LOL   So you voted SMC to see who got behind you yet you come out voting someone that did not vote SMC/  Really?  .  

Pretty sure your town. though.  Sad as it is.  Please vote Hess tomorrow if you help him get me lynched.  Fair?

vote Hess

This was part of the distancing back-and-forth, Crusher called out JIF, SMC and I as town, but did a fair amount of targeting/distancing with Hess all game. Crusher was a watcher, so he either saw Hess visit someone and that's why he made it abundantly clear that Hess was the only person he was going to go after, OR they were distancing from each other. I'm leaning distancing right now.

We have trains on the two hardest guys to lynch. This ought to be fun.

Vote Hess

I'm not sure what to make of how Lily played this, she waffled. I'd think she would have either avoided or just committed to bussing Crusher if she really thought Nolder or I were cop, based on how each of us voted. I think Lily is probably town, only a townie would inadvertantly make themselves look scummy by waffling in this situation.

Vote Crusher

because he is scum and Hess is town

One thing to consider with Nolder is that he is also scum. This could have been an attempt to draw out a Cop counter claim. Bus Crusher, get Hess off the hook? Just a theory.

Let's even 'em up.

Vote Hess.

I did not like this vote by Ishy. He moves into my FOS.

Vote Crusher

I just assumed Nolder is cop after that post.

Tina did a fair amount of role fishing in the mix of everything. Too bad she's an uncountered doc right now.

Even I'm getting burned out and planning a break after this game. 

I thought Nolder was giving us a cop soft-claim, but this is Nolder, and he does out-and-out false claim sometimes, so I don't know what to think. 

I'll go with it. I might be sorry, but I'll go with it.

Unvote

Vote Crusher

Nolder, if you aren't the cop, tell us now. 

Little bit of role fishery here, but again, not sure Lily would do this flip-flop dance and then role fish as scum. Would be putting a huge target on herself. I'm incline to call this Lily being her typical scummy townie self. I have a good sense for how she plays as scum, this isn't in line with it. Hope she's not duping me.

I agree that JiF is the most informative lynch at this time, although I haven't seen him show his ass yet, so I'm not thinking he's scum, at least not yet. 

Unvote

Vote JiF

This post is one that makes me 2nd guess my read on Lily, but still leaning town for the time being.

hmm..  JiF wants to get lynched, that much is clear.  I don't feel like giving him what he wants.

Sadly, I'm mafia'd out.  I really need a couple months off and will return in spring with a vengence.  It really is sad to see a player of my caliber simply going through the motions.

I'm not quitting, just making it clear that instead of getting the whole scum team in short order I might only get 1 or 2.

Unvote

Vote Hess

This post aligns with my theory that it could be Crusher, Hess and JIF/Pac as scum - and they were just doing routine early game distancing. It was very obvious to both Pac and Crusher, as well as Smash and others, at this stage that JIF 1.0 was a bomb asking to be killed.

I've never seen deliverance and after that I don't want to.  -shudders-  

In fact, just for that.... 

APE

Before voting me, Nae made it a point to over-explain she wasnt' voting JIF. Felt like tipping her hand that she and scum figured out he wanted to be the lynch, becuase he was a bomb.

That's one way to bury a vote.

LaughingCatAnimated.gif

I think I see a trend In who is suspect early game vs late game around here. That would be a horrid disposition. Going to retread this thing.

Oh yeah?

Out of your three AVM could work.

I welcomed Smash to CrusherDome cause he was pressuring JiF when JiF did not look like scum or third party.  Obvious JiF was fishing to get killed or frustrated bored townie.  Seems he wants to get to night and get some reveals.  

Crusher was scum, here he confirms what I say above. He makes it clear scum knew JIF was begging to be lynched because of bomb.

Vote Nol.

Reread and it turns out he is scum.

Never backed this up at all.

I'm barely skimming and it was painfully obvious to me you're a bomb.

Pac confirms here here as well.

So, refining my list: Hess, JIF 2.0, Nae, Darthe

Oh wait, is that the same list? YUP.

Was waiting for this.  I'd like to play one game where Ape doesn't think I'm scum.  Honestly.

At any rate... the one point you made that actually sticks out to me beyond your usual apesh*t... Darthe.  

You said you were rereading and then came back with simply "I reread and Nolder is scum".  I am also curious to see you elaborate on that thought and why you haven't pursued it any more.

I'd also like to hear more from Ishy... he's rather quiet.

Was waiting for this.  I'd like to play one game where Ape doesn't think I'm scum.  Honestly.

At any rate... the one point you made that actually sticks out to me beyond your usual apesh*t... Darthe.  

You said you were rereading and then came back with simply "I reread and Nolder is scum".  I am also curious to see you elaborate on that thought and why you haven't pursued it any more.

I'd also like to hear more from Ishy... he's rather quiet.

I'd like to play one game where you dont' say this about every single person that casts FOS at you. You use it as your universally applicable, false meta, defensive statement.

And whether or not it happens every game is completely irrelevant.

No, I'm pretty sure it's almost always directed at you.  I'm not arguing with you about it.  It's why I stopped playing for a long time.  Usually because you have the most up your ass dingleberry reasons for suspecting me and you gloat in the one game out of 20 that you are actually right as if you actually did anything.

You are like a horoscope.  They are so vague and vast in their "tells" about a particular sign that anyone can say.. "Oh, my god!  That is SO me!" You give such a broad and out your ass angle on someone that, on the rare occasion, they actually ARE scum you can gloat like you actually accomplished something.

Oh, My God... I didn't want to vote Jif.  That clearly means I'm scum who somehow magically knew the role of someone NOT scum and so kept my vote off of him so I was .. I don't know?  Safe?  From something I didn't know was coming?  You do this alot (me metagaming again oh no!) as if people are clearly guilty scum just because they DIDN'T vote on a scum lynch or they DID vote someone that turned out to be a valuable role.  Newsflash Apesh*t... I don't know who ANYONE is in this game except myself.  Calling me out for voting or not voting someone as if I should have known what their role is has never made sense to me and it's something you love doing.

To be honest Tina has acted weird to me all game and if she were not uncountered as Doc I'd be looking at her.  Comments from her like "I voted you because I thought you were the cop" seem really off to me.

Darthe's over the top defense of her and his weird no explination assessment of Nolder also are weird.

I, for once, feel somewhat at ease about Nolder given what he claimed and what he gave us on Crusher.

I never know what the hell to think of Hess because he is ALWAYS all over the place with votes and accusations and hinting and claiming at stuff.

Ishy, as I said, is too quiet.  For that matter so are most of ya'll.  Jif hasn't even been as noisy since he came back into the game.

I'm not getting any read on Lily so that means she bears looking at because when she's not on my radar is when she's trouble.

Eh, I was off on Nol.  

Like I said before, we protect those we think town and attack those we don't.  It's been too busy to really case properly (was busy on SMC) so I went with my gut and was wrong (assuming, his info looks damn good).  

No, I'm pretty sure it's almost always directed at you.  I'm not arguing with you about it.  It's why I stopped playing for a long time.  Usually because you have the most up your ass dingleberry reasons for suspecting me and you gloat in the one game out of 20 that you are actually right as if you actually did anything.

You are like a horoscope.  They are so vague and vast in their "tells" about a particular sign that anyone can say.. "Oh, my god!  That is SO me!" You give such a broad and out your ass angle on someone that, on the rare occasion, they actually ARE scum you can gloat like you actually accomplished something.

Oh, My God... I didn't want to vote Jif.  That clearly means I'm scum who somehow magically knew the role of someone NOT scum and so kept my vote off of him so I was .. I don't know?  Safe?  From something I didn't know was coming?  You do this alot (me metagaming again oh no!) as if people are clearly guilty scum just because they DIDN'T vote on a scum lynch or they DID vote someone that turned out to be a valuable role.  Newsflash Apesh*t... I don't know who ANYONE is in this game except myself.  Calling me out for voting or not voting someone as if I should have known what their role is has never made sense to me and it's something you love doing.

To be honest Tina has acted weird to me all game and if she were not uncountered as Doc I'd be looking at her.  Comments from her like "I voted you because I thought you were the cop" seem really off to me.

Darthe's over the top defense of her and his weird no explination assessment of Nolder also are weird.

I, for once, feel somewhat at ease about Nolder given what he claimed and what he gave us on Crusher.

I never know what the hell to think of Hess because he is ALWAYS all over the place with votes and accusations and hinting and claiming at stuff.

Ishy, as I said, is too quiet.  For that matter so are most of ya'll.  Jif hasn't even been as noisy since he came back into the game.

I'm not getting any read on Lily so that means she bears looking at because when she's not on my radar is when she's trouble.

For someone that's not going to argue with me about it, you sure are putting up a huge fuss.

Your horoscope analogy is cute, but so far from factual it's disgusting. I give MORE reasons for my cases than anyone that plays, on a regular basis. There's usually nothing vague about them, they are usually so steeped in reason that I can't get buy-in from people to follow. And, as I've shown in the past 20 or so games, I'm a pretty ******* good scum hunter.

I don't buy your "you made me quit" hysterics, since I know you are thick-skinned and we are homies. So shove that "emotional appeal" up your butt. 

Kind of pathetic you can't defend within the constraints of the game play, you have to go to meta and emo by your 3rd post. And for what? I FOS'ed you during a night phase? Really?

Eh, I was off on Nol.  

Like I said before, we protect those we think town and attack those we don't.  It's been too busy to really case properly (was busy on SMC) so I went with my gut and was wrong (assuming, his info looks damn good).  

Meh, I routinely attack those I think are town too - helps keep them alive longer, and if I'm wrong about them being town it usually becomes clear. Win-win.

I hear what you're saying, Nae. I'm not quite sure what to make of Ape not thinking I'm scum. It's the first time that's ever happened. 

Stop.

You seem to forget that the recent cases where I've cased you as a scum suspect... you were. You aren't doing now what you were doing those times.

I've always been good at decipher scummy Lily town play from scummy Lily scum play. I just always come at you because it's a perfect formula, when I see your scum tells I can get you lynched. When I see your town tells, you are usually being town-scummy and that plus my loud mouth is a perfect formula for drawing scum out on what appears to be a "get behind the Ape, on a Lily is being scummy" train. 

That's why I dropped the vote on you yesterday. I wasn't sure of my read, but was hoping that since Crusher was scum, scum would jump behind me in voting you and I'd draw out another pig trying to shift momentum off of the fat bastard.

Ape, you need to develop a thicker skin, too. I'm teasing you. You always accuse me of being scum by the 3rd day. Sometimes you mean it, sometimes you have an agenda. I was surprised earlier in the game that you hadn't yet, so I poked you a bit in fun. 

Ape, you need to develop a thicker skin, too. I'm teasing you. You always accuse me of being scum by the 3rd day. Sometimes you mean it, sometimes you have an agenda. I was surprised earlier in the game that you hadn't yet, so I poked you a bit in fun. 

I'm not getting bent about it Lily, I think it's abundantly clear I have the thickest skin in all mafia. Nobody takes the sh*t I do, and have.

All I was doing was setting the record straight about your statement, because whether you meant it as a trolling/joke or not, it could be mistaken for valid meta. I'm almost tempted to accuse you of passing it off as valid meta. I guess we'll find out if you and Nae end up being scummates here. I dunno.

Ugh. I just read Nae's so-called defense again too... there's almost nothing valid about anything she's saying.

I made the case that Crusher (who was scum) plus a handful of others realized JIF was a bomb, and then pointed to how Nae went out of her way to give us reasons why she wouldn't vote JIF. Then she buried a vote on me in a joking manner. I think all of these are pretty damn relevant observations.

The weak defense, and false meta accusations, to a night phase FOS only make me more comfy with Nae being on my list.

Archived