Arkham Villains - Game Thread

Leelou

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, you false claimed doc in the hopes of either getting away with it or forcing the real doc to claim so you can confirm why your kill attempt failed.

That would be important because if it was a 1-time BPV that means you could attempt to kill that person again.

Whether town or scum I applaud your commitment -- as always -- to what you're saying, lol.

Whether town or scum I applaud your commitment -- as always -- to what you're saying, lol.

Thanks, AVM.  Much appreciated.  If LeelouMod gave me a power I might have fought more.  But as a roleless I think I baited and caught some scum.

FYI, Tina and Darthe.

Actually, you false claimed doc in the hopes of either getting away with it or forcing the real doc to claim so you can confirm why your kill attempt failed.

That would be important because if it was a 1-time BPV that means you could attempt to kill that person again.

Why would scum opt to trade one of their own to confirm whether or not their shot failed by shooting the doc on N1, over trying to out the cop?

All they really needed to know was they shot someone and it failed, don't shoot that person again until they learn more. But there's no immediacy to confirming if they found the doc, they'd more likely assume they did and then go cop hunting.

Why would scum opt to trade one of their own to confirm whether or not their shot failed by shooting the doc on N1, over trying to out the cop?

All they really needed to know was they shot someone and it failed, don't shoot that person again until they learn more. But there's no immediacy to confirming if they found the doc, they'd more likely assume they did and then go cop hunting.

It opens up the killing field.  Kill the doc and the cop is free to kill.  Or, confirm the doc and no not to target again.  It also clears up whether the failed target was someone else who got protected.

Knowing whether their kill attempt was the actual doc can be real important.

Martyr.

But no self-vote.

I never self-vote.  It's honestly against my belief playing the game.  It even goes back to JI Mafia.

Unvote: Tina

Vote: Darthe

If I do survive, then killing him makes sense.

I never self-vote.  It's honestly against my belief playing the game.  It even goes back to JI Mafia.

Unvote: Tina

Vote: Darthe

If I do survive, then killing him makes sense.

Why does it make sense? Because he disagreed with your logic, the very logic you said was "meh".

Logic traps usually work when scum latches onto poor logic, not contest it. You are basically saying you pushed "meh", he called you on it, and that makes him scum. I'd think you'd reach the opposite conclusion.

At this point, your death is informative on a short deadline... and frankly, I don't have enough of a handle on this game to offer up anything better than that. I can't rationalize most of what you are saying, that bothers me. 

I'm more interested in lynching Hess, AVM, or Ishy at this point. I'd almost like to let the Tina, SMC, Darthe nonsense ferment a bit.

It opens up the killing field.  Kill the doc and the cop is free to kill.  Or, confirm the doc and no not to target again.  It also clears up whether the failed target was someone else who got protected.

Knowing whether their kill attempt was the actual doc can be real important.

They targeted someone, it failed. They won't target again. There's no imperative for them to draw out a doc claim, when they more than likely already know who it is. Doc has to fear they've been discovered and continue to self-protect, therefore making cop hunting easier for scum.

Sure it's important if they doubt they hit the doc N1, but in the short term they have to assume they did. Therefore its more advantageous to out the Cop.

I have no remorse for voting you at this point, you are selling a lot of horse sh*t this game.

They targeted someone, it failed. They won't target again. There's no imperative for them to draw out a doc claim, when they more than likely already know who it is. Doc has to fear they've been discovered and continue to self-protect, therefore making cop hunting easier for scum.

Sure it's important if they doubt they hit the doc N1, but in the short term they have to assume they did. Therefore its more advantageous to out the Cop.

I have no remorse for voting you at this point, you are selling a lot of horse sh*t this game.

I couldn't care less if you have remorse or not.  When the dust settles you'll see I'm the only one making sense.

I couldn't care less if you have remorse or not.  When the dust settles you'll see I'm the only one making sense.

No remorse = I will not second guess myself.

The only thing that makes sense to me right now is that you thought you could get us to lynch our own Doc. You burst into the day with that as your mission.

You cite things like "townies don't defend townies", but then ignore other staples of game logic like "you don't lynch and uncountered doc". Instead you sell us on there being a reason the real doc wouldn't reveal right now. If there was a doc and it's not tina, then they'd have to assume that scum already knows who they are since the failed NKs, and there'd be no rationale to them hiding from town to counter tina's lie.

Therefore tina probably isn't lying. 

With her new job, Pamela got new business cards and decided to give Pam a try. No one seemed to take her seriously as a botanist so she reordered some eco-friendly cards displaying her full name. Moving on from that the day progressed at a slow pace. There was logic to be found in the math.

"Your math is crap," people started to yell. 

That's fine, I'm a vanilla townie. No loss if I die. 

Well, we sure are going no where. 

And with that, the beautiful red head, SMC was lynched. 

SMC, Poison Ivy - vanilla town, is dead. 

poison-ivy.jpg

It is now night, turn in your NA's ASAP. 

With her new job, Pamela got new business cards and decided to give Pam a try. No one seemed to take her seriously as a botanist so she reordered some eco-friendly cards displaying her full name. Moving on from that the day progressed at a slow pace. There was logic to be found in the math.

"Your math is crap," people started to yell. 

That's fine, I'm a vanilla townie. No loss if I die. 

Well, we sure are going no where. 

And with that, the beautiful red head, SMC was lynched. 

SMC, Poison Ivy - vanilla town, is dead. 

poison-ivy.jpg

It is now night, turn in your NA's ASAP. 

I would so bang SMC. 

Archived