2013 NFL Draft Sleeper Picks

j4jets

Name 1-2 on offense, and name 1-2 on defense.

I'll go first

Offense

Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State

Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt

Glad the Jets are looking closely at LeVeon Bell. He's projected around the 3rd round but can be a steal of a deal.

Defense

Jamie Collins, LB, Southern Miss

Travis Long, OLB, Washington State

Travis Long may not be drafted, but he has great potential with his athletic abilities and can create a strong depth at the position.

Zac Dysert-----Guy looks like he is going in the 4th, maybe where the Jets pick, the 5th.  Really don’t see to many things the other QB’s do in this draft he can’t do. 

Sean Renfree---- I keep not seeing him on any drafts. 7th round, maybe even UDFA.  I really don’t understand why.  He’s on the board in the 7th.  I’m thrilled.

At this point is Barkley a sleeper or just massively underrated? He's a better prospect than Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder. 

No sleeper. He did not look so good at his pro day.  Comments by people in the know here say he looks heavy and, while recovered from his surgery, still doesn't have NFL zip on throws outside the lines.  He is a less in shape version of what he was before.

No sleeper. He did not look so good at his pro day.  Comments by people in the know here say he looks heavy and, while recovered from his surgery, still doesn't have NFL zip on throws outside the lines.  He is a less in shape version of what he was before.

get him on an nfl team. Give him the training camps and such and i think hes gonna surprise people

get him on an nfl team. Give him the training camps and such and i think hes gonna surprise people

How is he going to do that?  He still does not have the arm -- good luck with that.  And, pocket presence is another set of problems.  He is a good guy and takes football seriously, but he will be a career back-up at best.  

I was wondering this...if someone would consider him the Ware of this draft with that kind of size/speed/explosion.

Another edge rusher I could see the Steelers taking at 17.  And, he has room to put weight on his frame to offset his inability to take on offensive linemen.  I'd also go so far to say, he is Rex's kind of guy if we wind up trading down.

How is he going to do that?  He still does not have the arm -- good luck with that.  And, pocket presence is another set of problems.  He is a good guy and takes football seriously, but he will be a career back-up at best.  

i think hes still recovering from injury and not playing football. NFL weight room and such will help him out. He'll be better then ponder and gabbert i bet

Another edge rusher I could see the Steelers taking at 17.  And, he has room to put weight on his frame to offset his inability to take on offensive linemen.  I'd also go so far to say, he is Rex's kind of guy if we wind up trading down.

He definitely fits this D and is one of the few OLB propsects to come in at least close to 6'4," which I fixate on for some reason. 

i think hes still recovering from injury and not playing football. NFL weight room and such will help him out. He'll be better then ponder and gabbert i bet

At his pro day the word was he is back to exactly where he was at prior to the injury in terms of arm strength -- no more, no less.  Barkley will never be able to put enough zip on the ball to make good throws outside the lines.   You cannot make chicken liver out of chicken $hit.   If some team is looking for a backup, they will use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him.  He's not a turd or anything -- he is serious about football -- he simply lacks the arm.

Can Geno Smith be considered a sleeper pick now? He was initially mocked to be number one overall not very long ago. Now, there's a chance he might even slip to the high teens before a team trades up to grab him. I think he'll be an above average QB. If he gets selected at, lets say 23rd (Vikings), and starts right away and has a pro-bowl type year, would that be considered a sleeper pick?

I still think Geno has a huge upside. Love his footwork. Sort of reminds me of Peyton Manning. He does tend to lock on to his #1 receiver (Tavon Austin, mostly), but most rookie QBs do that. He has a rocket arm to keep the defenses honest and is very athletic to force a spy defender every now and then. If he's available at #9, I think the Jets are going to be VERY tempted. If Revis deal goes down, and Geno is available at #13, I think Jets will pull the trigger and possibly draft Tavon Austin as well.

Think Geno is the Anti sleeper.

I define sleeper as a somewhat unheralded player, who comes in and has a big impact

Smith has been touted as the #1 pick for months, and still has a fair chance to go top 5.  IMO is going to be a bust  

My sleeper picks are

#1. RB Giovanni Bernard: Kid does everything. Runs the ball, catches the ball, returns kicks. I want the Jets to pick this guy up.

#2. QB Geno Smith: People know he's talented but if the media would have been on Geno like they were Luck and RGIII people's perception of this guy would be much different.

My sleeper picks are

#1. RB Giovanni Bernard: Kid does everything. Runs the ball, catches the ball, returns kicks. I want the Jets to pick this guy up.

#2. QB Geno Smith: People know he's talented but if the media would have been on Geno like they were Luck and RGIII people's perception of this guy would be much different.

IDK about Smith

Media has been on his jock for some reason.  Started the season great. 5-0, then lost 6 of his last 8 games.  Including his Bowl game where he took two safety's and just looked horrible in the snow.

Seen this guy play a few times this year.  Not impressed

Archived