Perfect Jets Draft Scenario

Lupz27

T Austin is available at #9, St Louis is desperate to get a weapon at WR for Bradford, and Minnesota is desperate to replace P Harvin, you get these 2 into a bidding war, and hopefully St Louis panics, and gives us 16, and 22 to get him. Pick 13, we put out smoke screens about loving C Patterson, and we are fielding a bunch of calls from Hou, among others who want to make sure they get the 2nd best WR in the draft, get then to cough up 23, and 25 for 13.

16. J Jones OLB Georgia

22, E Reid S LSU

23. Houston CB, forget his name

25. Get Houston to Leap GB to make sure they get J Hunter, for picks 27, and 60, GB lost G Jennings so they need a replacement.

27. Eiffert TE

39. Best Available WR

60. G Bernard RB NC, or insert your favorite 2nd RD RB.

72. M Glennon/Miami of Ohio Kid, or whomever they believe Is the best QB prospect available.

105. T Mathiue the honey badger, adding the Houston CB, Reid at S, and Mathieu will make it much easier for Rex to adjust minus Revis.

To bad they are to stupid to pull this off

That's horrible!!!!  jones? guy has a serious spinal disease!!!  E reid?  a cb that you forgot his name?  that sucks.... so what will happen is this....

we make those trades and we draft a whole bunch of sh*t and then watch Tavon Austin become a star in this league and we will bite ourselves in the ass again....   whie we can say hey but we got that cb we didn't need.... that I don't even know his name..... we don't need a cb that high!!! we had the second best pass defense in the league last year,,,

The Rams arent going to "Panic" dude. They're also not going to give up both 1st round picks. They'll give up the 22nd and a 2nd rounder because they're hoping that either Warmack or Cooper fall to 16. That will give them a Guard to protect their QB throwing to the WR that they pick up with the 9th pick.

If we got their 22nd and 2nd rounder I'd be content with that. I've been thinking all day that we should trade down on both picks. This is what I posted in the draft section of the forum not too long ago.

I'd be trading the 9th pick to the 49er's  (Interest in Tavon
Austin/Dion Jordan/Barkevious Mingo/Bjoern Werner) as well as the 13th
pick to the Ravens (Interest in Kenny Vaccaro/Manti Te'o/Cordarrelle
Patterson/Kennan Allen/Earl Reid)

(1)31.(49ers)Alec Olgetree OLB

(1)32.(Ravens)Eddie Lacy RB/Trade Down

(2)34.(49ers) Ryan Nassib QB

(2)39. DaRick Rodgers WR

(2)62.(Ravens)Larry Warford G

(3)72. Travis Kelce TE

(4)103. Bacarri Rambo FS (I REALLY like this kid!)

(5)134. Aaron Dobson WR/Jake Stoneburner TE (Sleeper)

(6)167. Marcus Lattimore RB (project for 2014)/Jake Stoneburner TE (Yes, I have him twice! Sleeper)

(7)199. Earl Wolff S (Sleeper)

We could also trade down our 9th pick with St. Louis for their 22nd and
46 picks. Pick up Olgetree with the 22nd, Nassib with the Ravens 32nd
(doubt he'll be there at 46), draft TE Ertz or another OLB with the 39th
and pick up DaRick Rodgers with the 46th.

That's horrible!!!!  jones? guy has a serious spinal disease!!!  E reid?  a cb that you forgot his name?  that sucks.... so what will happen is this....

we make those trades and we draft a whole bunch of sh*t and then watch Tavon Austin become a star in this league and we will bite ourselves in the ass again....   whie we can say hey but we got that cb we didn't need.... that I don't even know his name..... we don't need a cb that high!!! we had the second best pass defense in the league last year,,,

I partially agree with you. I dont know why everyone is getting a Jones, a proven player yet are so hyped on every freak athlete with extremely high bust potential like Jordan, Ansah etc. Jones was cleared by doctors period. As for everyone else on his list I have to agree with, however, though I feel like Austin will be a star in this league, I feel like there is enough talent in this draft with this team having too many holes to fill to simply put that into a WR when we can pick up quality in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Besides, its not like we're short on WR talent in this draft either. The "Or whomever they believe is the best prospect" comment makes me feel like that was just a throw in and is simply drafting a QB at the spot for the point of saying that a QB was drafted. This is not how we should be dealing with draft picks. We need to try to hit on every pick in every round. This is why I feel we need to trade down. We need to get some solid young competitive players on this team, and the word on the street is that this is a meat and potatoes draft so there's alot of solid talent to be had here.

And how do we play both Kerley and Austin.

Austin is a fine pick for a good football team who is a playmaker away from making a run. Not this mess of a team.

9 Cooper

13 Eifert/ J Jones can't decide

39 Hayden

They're saying Eifert may go top ten now, so people saying we can trade back to end if 1st to get him are way off.

And how do we play both Kerley and Austin.

Austin is a fine pick for a good football team who is a playmaker away from making a run. Not this mess of a team.

9 Cooper

13 Eifert/ J Jones can't decide

39 Hayden

They're saying Eifert may go top ten now, so people saying we can trade back to end if 1st to get him are way off.

Cooper is a fine pick for a team that has a couple offensive weapons already, but even then he's not worthy of a top ten pick.

Don't see Jets trading down in the 1st Rd's they are going to take the best that are there went picking. I want 1st OLB,Mingo/TE,Eifert/G,Cooper. 2nd Rd's Trades down CB,D.J.Hayden/CB,Johnthan Bank/WR,Justin Hunter. 3rd Rd's RB's Montee Ball/Johnathan Franklin Sleeper pick CB, Tyrann Mathieu. 4th Rd's trades down G,Alvin Baily/Oday Aboushi. 5th Rd's A trades with the Saints for RB, Chris Ivory/S/WR,Aaron Dolson or WR, Kenny Stills.

i like best pass rusher available and austin in the first round and then draft Ertz in the 2nd. But wouldnt be too mad if we went all offense in the 1st with austin and Eifert

I like Ertz in 2nd, you take the ND bias equation out if it and is Eifert really 20-30 picks better than Ertz.

Yeah the sports science clip on Ertz was impressive, as all SS clips tend to be, but yeah...they had him rated the same as Tony Gonzalez when it comes to getting off the line. At 6'5 and weighing 35+ pounds heavier than any receiver they tested this year, he covered his first 5 yards faster than any of them. He looks to have a good combination of strength and speed.

Archived