Idzik supporters.

joewilly12

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel better now that I am sober and the sun is out

idzik is the right man for the jets job, because he has the guts to do the job the right way regardless of media pressure or fan desire

he drafted BPA.  he didn't panic and trade up and he didn't reach for a project.  he kept his cool and made decisions based on his board.  the board was anightmare for the jets.  the bills were in the cat bird seat with austin. 

in prior years the jets would have traded 3 picks to get to 6.  a playoff team can trade picks to get a guy like austin.  a rebuild team needs to keep their cool and pick according to the board

this season will be a total tear down and rebuild, so why reach or trade up for a need ?

get talent for a long term stable contender

the idzik way

I feel better now that I am sober and the sun is out

idzik is the right man for the jets job, because he has the guts to do the job the right way regardless of media pressure or fan desire

he drafted BPA.  he didn't panic and trade up and he didn't reach for a project.  he kept his cool and made decisions based on his board.  the board was anightmare for the jets.  the bills were in the cat bird seat with austin. 

in prior years the jets would have traded 3 picks to get to 6.  a playoff team can trade picks to get a guy like austin.  a rebuild team needs to keep their cool and pick according to the board

this season will be a total tear down and rebuild, so why reach or trade up for a need ?

get talent for a long term stable contender

the idzik way

Being the Jets have drafted the same way over the past few years, how is this any different?  Defense in the first round, defense laster, etc.

Maybe the later rounds they go all offense and we will see what Idzik's plan is, but right now,  his plan looks like the same plan Rex has the last few years.

I mean they drafted Kyle Wilson in the first round a few years ago.  It hasn't turned out well, but who knows if this year it'll turn out well either.   They drafted a DL this year, they've drafted DL in the past.   I'm just confused on how you think it's the 'Idzik way' except it's the same way so far that Rex & Tanny have drafted since that Sanchez debacle in 2009.

Were trying to win the suck for bridgewater sweepstakes hence, the crappy picks.

I think you'll have to suck worse than the Bills to win that one, and that will be hard to do.  Two twice-failed starters on three playoff quality teams (Kevin Kolb and Tarvaris Jackson) plus a first round project QB trumps 2 failed starters (Sanchez and Garrard), a never-was (McElroy) and a misfit (Tebow). :animal0029:

I think you'll have to suck worse than the Bills to win that one, and that will be hard to do.  Two twice-failed starters on three playoff quality teams (Kevin Kolb and Tarvaris Jackson) plus a first round project QB trumps 2 failed starters (Sanchez and Garrard), a never-was (McElroy) and a misfit (Tebow). :animal0029:

All this will be laughable for all the teams who seem to purposely tank and find out Teddy pulls a Manning and returns to college.

Being the Jets have drafted the same way over the past few years, how is this any different?  Defense in the first round, defense laster, etc.

Maybe the later rounds they go all offense and we will see what Idzik's plan is, but right now,  his plan looks like the same plan Rex has the last few years.

I mean they drafted Kyle Wilson in the first round a few years ago.  It hasn't turned out well, but who knows if this year it'll turn out well either.   They drafted a DL this year, they've drafted DL in the past.   I'm just confused on how you think it's the 'Idzik way' except it's the same way so far that Rex & Tanny have drafted since that Sanchez debacle in 2009.

Correlation does not imply causation.  To say that the Jets drafting defense automatically means that Rex is running the draft while ignoring all of the other facts involved is such excessively flawed logic.  Making this claim after only one round is even more flawed.  As has been pointed out numerous times, 27 of 32 picks in this draft were either defense or OL.  This entire argument is based on the idea of the Jets opting not draft a TE or OG in the first half of round one.

Interesting how the fact that the Jets first picks in the 2 years prior to Rex being defense is apparently irrelevant as is the very first pick when Rex showed up being a trade up for a QB.

At first I was fuming with these picks, 2 defensive players?! But that BAP method is exactly what they used and both Bill Polian and McShay are saying the Jets made smart picks! They did something that they never seem to do in the first round and go with the smart picks that will come in and have an immediate impact. Usually the day after the draft we're reading about how the Jets "reached" for players and how they are boom or bust picks and there always seems to be confusion around who they picked. This year they picked two solid guys that can make an immediate impact. 

If they go offense the rest of the way, I don't have as much of an issue with these picks!

This is pretty much what I went through.  Don't know how we're getting 4 DTs on the field at the same time, but we'll see how they're used soon enough.

thank you for illustrating my point.  he didn't draft offense to make fans and mock drafters happy

Idzik is making this team his own. Traded Revis, drafted Geno Smith thus putting an end to the Sanchez era, just drafted Brian Winters hopefully putting an end to the Vlad Ducasse debacle. I'm confident that he's going to change the perception of this franchise and turn us into a winner.

Archived