Day Two Picks

Favorite_Toon

Yep... 1 more defensive player and I will need a new remote

And yet...there's a very real chance that Cyprien could be their BPA when they pick.  And I think he'd be fantastic in this defense.  But yeah, we really need to get started on the offense. 

Just sayin' you might want to hide the remote before the pick.

*Ertz.  Geno Smith you're going to have to take a look at. Arguably the best quarterback in the class had in the second round is solid value; this also allows you to sit him a year without any pressure to start the top 10 pick. 

Personally, I feel a lot of these WRs and TEs may slip to the end of the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd, considering how much talent there really is left.  Guys like Hunter, Woods, Allen, Patton, Dobson, Ertz, Escobar, McDonald, Reed, Kelce will not all come off the board in the second round.

Not to mention you still have the once possible top 15 pick in Tank Carradine still available and Cornelius Washington who the Jets were supposedly extremely high on.  

OGs like Warford, Winters and Bailey are still hanging around as well.  Personally, if there's a way to trade back, as everyone always wants to, there's just so much depth left teams are going to be finding immediate starters until the 5th round.

Edit:  I just think we all need to take a step back and realize we've only been through one round of seven. This is where you build your team and with the picks still remaining, I'm pretty excited.

Haven't seen it written anywhere but did you guys hear about Geno refusing to do an interview last night and that he flew home deciding not to stay in NY. That is a HUGE red flag of character imo. 

Especially for a person who's already had his mental toughness questioned.  I don't entirely blame the kid, it's gotta be incredibly tough for someone so competitive to be helpless, sitting on national tv getting embarrassed in front of millions.  Emotions got the better of him for denying the interview, which is whatever, but he has agreed to come back tonight, so we'll see. 

*Ertz.  Geno Smith you're going to have to take a look at. Arguably the best quarterback in the class had in the second round is solid value; this also allows you to sit him a year without any pressure to start the top 10 pick. 

Personally, I feel a lot of these WRs and TEs may slip to the end of the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd, considering how much talent there really is left.  Guys like Hunter, Woods, Allen, Patton, Dobson, Ertz, Escobar, McDonald, Reed, Kelce will not all come off the board in the second round.

Not to mention you still have the once possible top 15 pick in Tank Carradine still available and Cornelius Washington who the Jets were supposedly extremely high on.  

OGs like Warford, Winters and Bailey are still hanging around as well.  Personally, if there's a way to trade back, as everyone always wants to, there's just so much depth left teams are going to be finding immediate starters until the 5th round.

Edit:  I just think we all need to take a step back and realize we've only been through one round of seven. This is where you build your team and with the picks still remaining, I'm pretty excited.

Manti Te'o will be the Jets pick in round 2.

What if the Jets got something like Justin Hunter and Gio Bernard today? Ertz and Barner/Ellington? Still a lot of major talent on the board. Hunter and Hill would be two long elite talents on the outside. Er, ok drops would be a worry but fixable. Then a dynamic playmaker in Bernard/Barner or Ellington at 3...A long list of a lot of really good RBs (Bell & Michael) TEs (ertz & Escobar) WRs (Woods, Swope & Allen/Patton, Wheaton/T.Will) etc etc.

I guess the monkey wrench is still the glaring need at QB. At this point I'd rather the weapon than OG or S...will have to wait later on into the 4-7th for that imo. We'll see though.

Gotta realize Rome wasn't built in a day. This is a two year project. Probably get the QB at 39, sit him for a year, get a top 10 again next year and a ton of cap to fill out the rest of the needs via FA. At least as they move forward you hope the DL and CB are top notch and the new QB will be ready for 2014. 

Just gotta keep reminding myself this is a two year project. 

Archived