Jason Collins first Openly Homosexual American Male Athlete.

BroadwayJoe12

Thank for your honesty.  

When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them? No, you shouldnt. God specifically told Moses to speak to the "children of Israel". God never said "everyone", he said "to the children of Israel". In other words, God was being specific. Are you a child of Israel EY? Now before you get all geographical on me, keep in mind that we're not talking about a stretch of land, but a man. Try reading Genesis 32:28. Your problem here is that you went straight to Lev.1:9 and forgot to start at Lev.1:1

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her? Excuse me, but Exodus 21:7 doesnt say "Slave" it says "Maidservant". Slave is a forceful act, a servant is an agreed upon act. This is why the word Maidservant and not slave was used.

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense. Well, most women arent your wife. You should know your wifes cycle. As for these other women, maybe you should be more specific regarding your contact with these women. Also, not everything unclean is an abomination. It simply is informing you that its unclean....do something about it! Just read a few chapters back to Leviticus 15:17

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians? First thing is you must understand the definition of the word "Bond" when the book uses the word Bondman/Bondmaid. A bondman or a bondmaid is working off a "debt". However, someone can "buy them" which would satisfy their debt and they would be free of being a bondman/maid. So when you "buy them" you're not actually buying a slave EY, you're actually relinquishing them of the debt that they were "Bonded" to. A "slave" however is a person who is forced into servitude where in which no debt (or bond) is in place. Why do you think that in Deuteronomy 28:68 the Hebrews were told that they would be sold back into egypt and "No man shall buy you". Its because this particular act is outright slavery. What Lev 25:44 is explaining is someone who is under a debt/bond owed and is required to pay. But even your God knew that there was a limit on such things which is why in just a few verses before yours in Lev 25:10 he explained the jubilee, something that the slaves of Deuteronomy werent privy to given their disobedience. The second thing you need to understand is the actual definition of the word "Heathen".

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself? Exodus 35:1 (the verse you decided to look over on your way to Exodus 35:2) clearly states who was under this law. Moses was speaking to the children of Israel. If you're not a child of Israel then this doesnt pertain to you. Many atheist (and some Jews) like to point the finger at Jesus and his workings on the Sabbath. If people would read the bible they'd realize two things. #1 Jesus wasnt a child of Israel that Moses spoke to back in the Old Testament, he was the Son of God. #2. They'd need to read the entire Mark 2:1-28. Also, your last statement is a contradiction. God has never made a sin moral. "Morally obligated to commit suicide". Really dude???

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Yes I can, rather easily mind you. What did God say on the topic? I'd say go with that. Settled.

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here? This is more about spiritual sight, or a lack thereof. One example is John 9:35-41.

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die? If you can show me in the Bible where the consequence of doing such an act is death then I'll show you how you should die. However, anyone who has read the bible know that there are something called "least commands". Read Matthew 5:19.

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves? NFL footballs are made from cowhide EY. lol.

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14) Again, Lev. 19:19 does not say that, Lev. 19:19 says "not to sow thy field with mingled seed", kinda like what Monsanto does today with farming or what the fallen angels did with the seed of man on a human scale. This isnt dealing with planting crops on the same field EY, its about altering or "mingling" genetic code. Which is why we have such non-sense today like having to even identify food as "organic" when food should always be organic by default. So yes, whatever Gods Judgement for such a violation is, im totally in agreement with...afterall, He's God! Just looking at what mingled seed has done (if you were to just pay attention) then you'd see how serious this offense is. The cool thing about God is that he always gives you the opportunity to turn from your sins repent and be born again. Its ultimately your choice of how you deal with your sins.

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging. Jewish-atheist-evolutionist arent rare, though they should be. What is quite common about them is that they're just as wrong as the rest of the atheist, darwin loving false evolutionist. Its false doctrine period. This truth is in fact unchanging. For the record though, I havent studied these things as extensively as I should, but I am making a conscious effort to do so instead of asking a bunch of sarcastic, hypocritical questions like some pharisee of the past. Why you ask? Because if evolution is right then nothing matters, but if God is real, as I believe and know he is, then I better be very careful of my actions. This however is hard for me to get through to people who believe that they derive from monkeys or some primordial soup consisting of water hitting rocks. What baffles me the most is that these same people  by default know (as truth) that there is a designer that they've probably never met or SEEN behind a painting or a watch that they've just purchased simply by the design existing, yet cant even look in the mirror and recognize that they themselves are a design, designed from the very entity that made them in His image. I find that prideful, self absorbed, ill-logic incredibly sad.

Wow, How in the world did I miss this?!?!?! I figure I'd answer since you appreciate my honesty.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, How in the world did I miss this?!?!?! I figure I'd answer since you appreciate my honesty.

Thanks for the reply.  I guess I'm not as up on the Judeo-Christian bible as you.  You see, I'm actually a Pastafarian, from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  The religion kind of found me.  I didn't want to believe in something so nonsensical, but I've asked myself a simple question, "what argument can be made against the church of the flying spaghetti monster that can't also be made against Judeo-Christian teachings?"  Oh, and I like marinara sauce, so it works for me. 

Thanks for the reply.  I guess I'm not as up on the Judeo-Christian bible as you.  You see, I'm actually a Pastafarian, from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  The religion kind of found me.  I didn't want to believe in something so nonsensical, but I've asked myself a simple question, "what argument can be made against the church of the flying spaghetti monster that can't also be made against Judeo-Christian teachings?"  Oh, and I like marinara sauce, so it works for me. 

You're welcome brother. Anytime. Sorry it took so long to respond. Sometimes reading something for yourself will give you a better understanding :-)

Archived