Leelou's Princess Bride Mafia - Game thread

Leelou

Such a sore loser you are.  My instincts this game were literally perfect.  I let you off the hook but, not totally and doing it with logical play.  Crusher and I just dominated this game.  Dominated.  It was Batman and Fatman at their best.

Just say good game and be done with it.  Wish I could say the same to you, but you guys sucked.  Still very fun though.  

Hahahaha, okay.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pick your battles. You can't troll the Ape when you don't have a leg to stand on.

I've got 3 legs - my dick is the mother****ing tripod.

Straight waxed the floor with you guys.  Hahaha.  Victims are sore losers.  

TOWN!!!!!

Agreed. 

The majority of our players here have become quite lazy and stupid. Nobody puts work in anymore. 

Agreed.  Too many games where hard gets undermined by poor play has that effect...for myself, I know I never take notes, skim at a minimum and pounce at any opportunity...miss the old games...but this is where it inevitably leads...

Oh yeah, Ape's a bitch for using RL defense when I nailed him on not "beating the grass".

Fag - way outside the spirit of the game.  

I was just getting ready to comment on this. 

I was in fact doing as much "beating the grass" as I had time for, so you were wrong in that accusation. If you look at the first day or two of this game, I did more scum hunting than anyone. 

I went on that tirade because I didn't want my RL pre-occupation to be painted as "not beating the grass", because then I'd get accused of doing what Vic always does. Something I don't feel I did at all this game. I always try to be transparent about my availability, and never hide behind it. As scum on a decimated team I put my neck WAAAYYYYY out there, when I could have easily hid. So, even with my crazy schedule, I managed to give you guys every spare moment I had... and played scum with the same high level of risk I always do. I play with guts. I didn't hide behind my RL. Don't be a fag.

I know you'll try to troll me on this now. Do whatever you want, this will be my last game for the foreseeable future. I honestly don't enjoy it much, you guys are lazy in your play now, and it creates stress for me when I can't fulfill a commitment the way I'd like to. I'd like to take a legit break, and give you all time to tune each other up. Maybe I'll play down the road, and at that point I'd like to come back and not have to be Ape the big a$$hole that is everyone's nemesis, it's ******* exhausting having a personal rivalry with every single player here. 

I wrote this up to be tongue in cheek...

Game summary from Ape's point of view:

I was reluctant to play, then joined in, then got put on a team with Darthe, Csalami and Wombat. 

Are you ******* kidding me?

Wombat has been up my ass for a month. I think Darthe is a horrible player and even worse teammate, and I'm fresh off of him screwing me as a scum mate in DPR's game. Like literally ready to KILL him. Csalami is a butthead on DM, here he was okay, still not convinced he's really the same guy. I suspect Vic and an alt right now, lol. Csalami needed to be spoonfed instruction, but was willing to learn and collaborate, which was awesome actually. He just wasn't very helpful in the game thread, that DM style of fencing as scum doesn't fly here. Good to have him on board, whoever he is... 

Anyway... 

D1 - Wombat gets blind squirreled. Comes up with good false claim. Csalami says "what now?", I say "let town cannibalize and keep our heads down." Darthe comes into game thread and lists our whole team in the worst ******* distancing posts of all-time. Then stumbles all over himself to the extent that I had no reason not to bus him. Credit: This was a gift, you are all welcome.

D2 - Wombat gets countered by Ishy and AVM. It's not working. I have to sell it for them. Credit: AVM+Ishy for Wombat death, assist was a gift from me.

D3 - Csarmi makes post that screams he is scum. I note it as a ping, but then JIF gets hold of it. sh*t, I have to bus him too. Credit: You are all welcome, with partial credit to JIF on this one.

D4 - As I anticipated I am viewed by the cop by N3. Game over. Credit: 100% Crusher.

Somewhere in the middle of all this I chose to shoot Hess at night. Credit: Another gift from Ape, to you.

I did what I could. Our team make-up just didn't work well for us, it's no one person's fault. Althought Darthe is a complete lost cause. We gave it a go, and just couldn't get out of our own way.

The MVP from teh scum point of view? Crusher.

Co-MPV: AVM and Ishy, they were the only other townies to lead to a scum death.

Crusher is the ONLY person that deserves credit for bringing me down. No matter how many people ran their mouths at me (80, Jetscode, Pac), nobody actually made a case, nobody actually came after me with anything I couldn't swat away ... as far as I see it, none of them ACTUALLY had confidence in their read on me, they were just saying "FOS Ape" for lack of anything more imaginative to say. A lot of the "Ape is scum" and "FOS Ape" or "Ape is trying to do this" is thrown around every game by townies, to see how people react. That's all I saw here, even from Pac on D1, I wasn't in a rush to get to night - he made that crap up, poop thrown at wall to see what sticks.

We killed Pac because I thought he was arguing with me to stay alive as a power role. It wasn't fear, it was the potential to kill the cop or identify the doc on N1.

Anyway... I know, KNOW, that I had the majority believing I was town coming into today. So I did my job as well as I could... but Crusher did his better. :)

So to Crusher, congrats you are my MVP!!! Thanks for dominating my face off in my last game. :D

To Leelou, thanks for a good game. 

To my team, oh well, we'll get 'em next time... or not.

To the rest of you, great game - thanks!!!!

I was just getting ready to comment on this. 

I was in fact doing as much "beating the grass" as I had time for, so you were wrong in that accusation. If you look at the first day or two of this game, I did more scum hunting than anyone. 

I went on that tirade because I didn't want my RL pre-occupation to be painted as "not beating the grass", because then I'd get accused of doing what Vic always does. Something I don't feel I did at all this game. I always try to be transparent about my availability, and never hide behind it. As scum on a decimated team I put my neck WAAAYYYYY out there, when I could have easily hid. So, even with my crazy schedule, I managed to give you guys every spare moment I had... and played scum with the same high level of risk I always do. I play with guts. I didn't hide behind my RL. Don't be a fag.

I know you'll try to troll me on this now. Do whatever you want, this will be my last game for the foreseeable future. I honestly don't enjoy it much, you guys are lazy in your play now, and it creates stress for me when I can't fulfill a commitment the way I'd like to. I'd like to take a legit break, and give you all time to tune each other up. Maybe I'll play down the road, and at that point I'd like to come back and not have to be Ape the big a$$hole that is everyone's nemesis, it's ******* exhausting having a personal rivalry with every single player here. 

The RL excuse:  just one big wifom...no really fair way to eliminate it...I ignore it...recommend you take the same approach...usually counter-productive.

Crusher and I played a brilliant methodical game.  Nothing lazy about it at all.

Sore loser talk is sore loser talk.

/// high fives muffin top

JIF, you can't troll me. Not sure why you haven't realize this yet. You NEVER come out ahead when you come at me. EVER.

I wrote this up to be tongue in cheek...

Game summary from Ape's point of view:

I was reluctant to play, then joined in, then got put on a team with Darthe, Csalami and Wombat. 

Are you ******* kidding me?

Wombat has been up my ass for a month. I think Darthe is a horrible player and even worse teammate, and I'm fresh off of him screwing me as a scum mate in DPR's game. Like literally ready to KILL him. Csalami is a butthead on DM, here he was okay, still not convinced he's really the same guy. I suspect Vic and an alt right now, lol. Csalami needed to be spoonfed instruction, but was willing to learn and collaborate, which was awesome actually. He just wasn't very helpful in the game thread, that DM style of fencing as scum doesn't fly here. Good to have him on board, whoever he is... 

Anyway... 

D1 - Wombat gets blind squirreled. Comes up with good false claim. Csalami says "what now?", I say "let town cannibalize and keep our heads down." Darthe comes into game thread and lists our whole team in the worst ******* distancing posts of all-time. Then stumbles all over himself to the extent that I had no reason not to bus him. Credit: This was a gift, you are all welcome.

D2 - Wombat gets countered by Ishy and AVM. It's not working. I have to sell it for them. Credit: AVM+Ishy for Wombat death, assist was a gift from me.

D3 - Csarmi makes post that screams he is scum. I note it as a ping, but then JIF gets hold of it. sh*t, I have to bus him too. Credit: You are all welcome, with partial credit to JIF on this one.

D4 - As I anticipated I am viewed by the cop by N3. Game over. Credit: 100% Crusher.

Somewhere in the middle of all this I chose to shoot Hess at night. Credit: Another gift from Ape, to you.

I did what I could. Our team make-up just didn't work well for us, it's no one person's fault. Althought Darthe is a complete lost cause. We gave it a go, and just couldn't get out of our own way.

The MVP from teh scum point of view? Crusher.

Co-MPV: AVM and Ishy, they were the only other townies to lead to a scum death.

Crusher is the ONLY person that deserves credit for bringing me down. No matter how many people ran their mouths at me (80, Jetscode, Pac), nobody actually made a case, nobody actually came after me with anything I couldn't swat away ... as far as I see it, none of them ACTUALLY had confidence in their read on me, they were just saying "FOS Ape" for lack of anything more imaginative to say. A lot of the "Ape is scum" and "FOS Ape" or "Ape is trying to do this" is thrown around every game by townies, to see how people react. That's all I saw here, even from Pac on D1, I wasn't in a rush to get to night - he made that crap up, poop thrown at wall to see what sticks.

We killed Pac because I thought he was arguing with me to stay alive as a power role. It wasn't fear, it was the potential to kill the cop or identify the doc on N1.

Anyway... I know, KNOW, that I had the majority believing I was town coming into today. So I did my job as well as I could... but Crusher did his better. :)

So to Crusher, congrats you are my MVP!!! Thanks for dominating my face off in my last game. :biggrin:

To Leelou, thanks for a good game. 

To my team, oh well, we'll get 'em next time... or not.

To the rest of you, great game - thanks!!!!

The only was a scum team can win at JN is a game with you and I as scum.

The RL excuse:  just one big wifom...no really fair way to eliminate it...I ignore it...recommend you take the same approach...usually counter-productive.

In all honesty, I said it all pre-game that I've got a lot going on. When I saw I was scum, I thought "****, here we go, someone is going to accuse me of hiding behind RL in this one" and so I was over-sensitive to it. That's why I over-reacted to JIF at that point. 

To be honest, if anyone was on the ball they'd have realized that in my tirade I basically admitted to being scum. My position was "catch me on what I'm doing in this game, not on what's keeping me away from playing like normal."

I'm going to miss the Ape.

Wont be the same without him.

Farewell dear friend, farewell.  

I know.  You're perfect in every way, shape and form.  

<3

I'll be around, I just can't get wrapped up in teh games. The past 12 months has been just non-stop for us... engaged, her father diagnosed, plan wedding, travel back and forth to Indy, hospice for her Dad, he passes, we adopt his dog, we get married, we get pregnant, we find house, we're in the middle of buying it, we start baby classes next week, my job is more demanding now, it's just a lot to have on my shoulders and I need to do a better job of using my spare time to relax.

Mafia games aren't relaxing for me. I'm everyone's personal villain, it's tiring and demanding. I want to take some time off, and then come back fresh in a few months if I have time for it.

In the meantime I'll be around to shoot the sh*t with you all. :D

I'll be around, I just can't get wrapped up in teh games. The past 12 months has been just non-stop for us... engaged, her father diagnosed, plan wedding, travel back and forth to Indy, hospice for her Dad, he passes, we adopt his dog, we get married, we get pregnant, we find house, we're in the middle of buying it, we start baby classes next week, my job is more demanding now, it's just a lot to have on my shoulders and I need to do a better job of using my spare time to relax.

Mafia games aren't relaxing for me. I'm everyone's personal villain, it's tiring and demanding. I want to take some time off, and then come back fresh in a few months if I have time for it.

In the meantime I'll be around to shoot the sh*t with you all. :biggrin:

Do what you will...best plan is to continue till the season, the hard rule not to play until the season's over...too much bad blood last season...one recommendation...don't feel you need to play at the same level (activity not quality), really not worth it in the big picture.

Do what you will...best plan is to continue till the season, the hard rule not to play until the season's over...too much bad blood last season...one recommendation...don't feel you need to play at the same level (activity not quality), really not worth it in the big picture.

Good advice. Let's see where things are after I close on the house and get the move done. She's going to be 7 months when that happens, so it'll be on me to take care of everything. I'm hiring some people, but I've got to prep everything or they'll gouge me, and we need the money for furniture and appliances, not lazy movers!

My take on how the game play has transformed around here - we're really good collectively at scum hunting.  I havent played too much at other sites, but from what I've seen, others sites players really dont compare.  Thats why they typically come here and get dominated.  They use less logic, use more meta and are out right afraid of putting themselves out there. 

I personally think we play at a really high level.  Its very tough be scum on this site.  Seriously, when was the last time scum won around here?  Its been a long time.  I just think we've evolved as players.  I disagree with the Ape that we've got lazy.  Its a reaction to how good we've got as townies.  Its just his style of play to get his desired results requires a ton of participation.  Where as others, can post less and get similar results.  Neither are wrong or right, or better or worse, it just what works for you.  

I got burned out on mafia for a minute, but I'm enjoying it again.  FWIW

Thanks.

The pace was okay. I do like it actually. What I couldn't find was the right times to play (we got timezone differences) and I really was very busy. 

Also I played way too scared.

What I enjoyed most is that people did take effort, every single one of them.

I think I sound much different (if I do) because I get much less frustrated. I hate it when I pull the effort and others don't.

Also, a general apology (as always) to anyone and everyone if I lost track of where the line not to cross is with insults. I'm just a big mean rage machine sometimes.

And I do like Hess, he's awesome, I was just trying to bust his nuts.

Archived