Leelou's Princess Bride Mafia - Game thread

Leelou

Everyday is drunkmafia here...some people just hide their drunkenness better than others...

This is me playing Mafia.  The redhead who tries to save me is Leelou.  Hess is the guy with the camera, disguised as a white person, silently rooting me on. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning to join the fray next game. Totally :)

Do you like my avatar now? I find it rather dull but haven't really got an inspiration yet.

I luv. It was just tough love about dudes using self shot real avatar pics probably not being the best idea at JN. I was only trying to help. ;)

Edit: unless you're Vic...then excepted. But it's a Vic only thing. Miss him.

I luv. It was just tough love about dudes using self shot real avatar pics probably not being the best idea at JN. I was only trying to help. ;)

Yep.  Even JiF doesn't do that, and he meets all DSM-IV criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  Process that for a second.

Remember all the rules everyone played by in the beginning? It was like "The Doggin Playbook of Mafia". It was so easy to manipulate and everyone eventually got really good at it.

I still remember Doggin came back to play a game and by that time the mafia he created was flipped upside down and I think he was like WTF is this? Lol. I'm NOT giving myself this credit btw, I'm just saying we eventually outwifom'd every wifom with all the different kind of characters playing. But it was the diversity of all the players that made it work so well.

It's still great to play but I'm not sure it can be at that level when we always have a third of the game new DMers who are really only playing from the outskirts so to speak.

I remember, quite well. My early play was SO bad, everything I did was wrong... and I got scolded for all of it. The reality is, most had been playing so long they approached every scenario the same way, while I had to often times back into the logic (or crash into it face first). Your learning curve was shorter than mine, but we both started around the same time and I think both got really good around the same time, and now we both kind of look at the gestalt of each game the same way. There's just something missing, not to the point where it's detrimental, but to the point where fondness for the game play is ratcheted down a notch.

This actually makes a ton of sense to me.

Yeah, me too.

FTR, I wasnt saying I'm a logical player.  I think that JN in general is more than other players.  I'm all instincts.  But I use logic to make decisions on my instincts.  

Is that why most of your decisions are wrong on a good day and catastrophic on most?

I will find you an avatar.

Edit: unless you're Vic...then excepted. But it's a Vic only thing. Miss him.

Hey Hess, your point was actually quite good and I took it.

I'm just used to using my pic as an avatar and that's that so I clicked upload. Then you confused me!

Crusher, do you know something about Physical Therapy btw? Like what to do with an elbow that has been bruised (almost fractured) a month ago and that kind of stuff? Caught something with Ape asking earlier?

I plan on getting drunk Friday night, are we going to have a game going by then?

I'm being forced to go see a Zac Brown tribute band Friday night.  Definitely will be drunk.  The band has only been popular for about the last 5-7 years.  How can you already have a tribute band?

I'm being forced to go see a Zac Brown tribute band Friday night.  Definitely will be drunk.  The band has only been popular for about the last 5-7 years.  How can you already have a tribute band?

Someone really likes them? 

Crusher, do you know something about Physical Therapy btw? Like what to do with an elbow that has been bruised (almost fractured) a month ago and that kind of stuff? Caught something with Ape asking earlier?

Rule out fracture with an x-ray. Reduce inflammation with icing.  Strengthen it by masterbating often and vigorously.  DR Crushlove

Someone really likes them? 

I guess.  I like Zac Brown but I've never heard of a tribute band being created THAT quickly.  You figure it takes 2-3 years to get a group together of like-minded people and learn the music.  So that means that no sooner than 2009, 3 years after Zac Brown's first popular album came out, a group of guys said "Hey, here's an idea.  Let's play these guys music, live.  People like them." 

Yep.  Even JiF doesn't do that, and he meets all DSM-IV criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  Process that for a second.

This is quite possibly my favorite post in this history of the interwebs

I like Chicken Fry...or whatever. I watched them live on TV and his band is legit. It's not really my kind of music though. It's all very Jimmy Buffet. Nothing I dislike about it either though.

The company I work for. They are huge supporters. We've done a lot of work with them via marketing.

BTW -- JN lost my long list of quotes, but I do remember:

1 -- I wanted to +1 that Ishy is a great addition

2 -- Probably another complaint about Vic being gone.  Damnit.

3 -- <3 Lily

4 -- Hess is the man.  Me, Hess, Ishy.  We're not the hobbits, we're just f***ing awesome.

5 -- Gonna miss the Ape the next few weeks.  Bah.

6 -- Agreed on the player types left.  Mostly instinct.  I remember when I was one of the only instinctual players, and now here we are.  We'll have Dan back next game, maybe we can get JVoR too.  I'd like to believe BG and Sharrow will be back eventually too, and maybe SMC by next year.  Not sure CTM and the rest of that crowd will be back, though.

Archived