Kellen Winslow Jr to try out with Jets (merged)

GangisGreen

this guy is just a lot of hype--he has never amounted to much.

So the Jets cannot use a guy that had between 43-89 catches from 2006-2011.  His low was when he playe din only 10 games.  His three years with Tampa he did not miss a game.

This guy is/was good.  The only question is why he did not stick in New England.  The Patriots needed him after Hernandez went down in Week 1.  He played a game and was cut soon after.

He might not have anything left, but he was good. 

this guy is just a lot of hype--he has never amounted to much.

He was a beast, just had a few setbacks

He'll be good in camp to push our future superstar Aussie and give Rich a reason to write another 10 articles about him, highlighting this competition

So the Jets cannot use a guy that had between 43-89 catches from 2006-2011.  His low was when he playe din only 10 games.  His three years with Tampa he did not miss a game.

This guy is/was good.  The only question is why he did not stick in New England.  The Patriots needed him after Hernandez went down in Week 1.  He played a game and was cut soon after.

He might not have anything left, but he was good. 

So you want the jets to sign a guy in 2013-2014 based on what he did in 2011?  Maybe we can get Kris Jenkins back?  Just kidding.  I don't care if they sign him.  I am just saying that I expect zero from him.  It is worth a wing and a prayer move.

So you want the jets to sign a guy in 2013-2014 based on what he did in 2011?  Maybe we can get Kris Jenkins back?  Just kidding.  I don't care if they sign him.  I am just saying that I expect zero from him.  It is worth a wing and a prayer move.

You always sign free agents based on past performance.  :)

You said he never amounted to much.  He was a good player.  For those 6 seasons he averaged over 70 catches and 800s yards.  That is my only point.

You always sign free agents based on past performance.  :)

You said he never amounted to much.  He was a good player.  For those 6 seasons he averaged over 70 catches and 800s yards.  That is my only point.

past performance, yes.  but not past past performance.  and you are right, I did not realize that he had been that consistent.  but he was super hyped as a super stud coming out.  that did not happen.

Archived