Terry Bradway, the CIA, nude photos, and the Wizard of ID

Lego My Lageman

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/

The restructuring of the Jets' front office under new GM John Idzik is complete, and we have an exact breakdown right here.

Before we get to names and titles, a couple of notes: Longtime executive Terry Bradway, one of the holdovers from the Mike Tannenbaum regime, has a new title. Bradway will be the senior director of college scouting. Previously, he was the senior personnel executive (2006 to 2012) and the GM (2001-2005). Idzik eliminated the player personnel department, which consisted of Bradway and JoJo Wooden, who left to work for the Chargers.

When reading the front-office roster, keep in mind the three main departments -- football administration, pro personnel and college scouting -- report to directly to Idzik. He wants to make it collaborative effort, so he will lean on Rod Graves, Jacquelin Davidson, Bradway and Jeff Bauer -- his inner circle, so to speak.

Here's the breakdown (* = new to organization)

FOOTBALL ADMINISTRATION

Senior director, football administration -- Rod Graves*

Manager, football administration -- Jacqueline Davidson

PRO PERSONNEL

Director, pro personnel -- Brendan Prophett

Assistant director, pro personnel -- Matt Bazirgan

Assistant, pro personnel -- Greg Nejmeh

COLLEGE SCOUTING

Senior director, college scouting -- Terry Bradway

Director, college scouting -- Jeff Bauer

Coordinator, college scouting -- Dan Zbojovsky

Area scouts -- David Boller*, Aaron Glenn, David Hinson*, Cole Hufnagel, Jay Mandolesi, Christopher Prescott*, Rick Courtright (national)*, Kathryn Smith (assistant).

Not necessarily any subterfuge.  Bradway has been with the organization a long time, and while his run as GM was not great, he might well contribute in the scouting area.

He might be an example of the Peter Principle, only he accepted the demotion after his level of incompetence was revealed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/

The restructuring of the Jets' front office under new GM John Idzik is complete, and we have an exact breakdown right here.

Before we get to names and titles, a couple of notes: Longtime executive Terry Bradway, one of the holdovers from the Mike Tannenbaum regime, has a new title. Bradway will be the senior director of college scouting. Previously, he was the senior personnel executive (2006 to 2012) and the GM (2001-2005). Idzik eliminated the player personnel department, which consisted of Bradway and JoJo Wooden, who left to work for the Chargers.

When reading the front-office roster, keep in mind the three main departments -- football administration, pro personnel and college scouting -- report to directly to Idzik. He wants to make it collaborative effort, so he will lean on Rod Graves, Jacquelin Davidson, Bradway and Jeff Bauer -- his inner circle, so to speak.

Here's the breakdown (* = new to organization)

FOOTBALL ADMINISTRATION

Senior director, football administration -- Rod Graves*

Manager, football administration -- Jacqueline Davidson

PRO PERSONNEL

Director, pro personnel -- Brendan Prophett

Assistant director, pro personnel -- Matt Bazirgan

Assistant, pro personnel -- Greg Nejmeh

COLLEGE SCOUTING

Senior director, college scouting -- Terry Bradway

Coordinator, college scouting -- Dan Zbojovsky

Area scouts -- David Boller*, Aaron Glenn, David Hinson*, Cole Hufnagel, Jay Mandolesi, Christopher Prescott*, Rick Courtright (national)*, Kathryn Smith (assistant).

Were Prophett and Bazirgan accidental omissions from Idzik's inner circle, or is there something you're not telling us?

Terry Bradway to me has always been and inexplicale survivor. Recall he bailed on the GM job so he could commute to Avalon, NJ right at the point the Jets moved to NJ. Also anyone that could sit in a room with Herman Edwards for more than 30 seconds KNOWS he has no business being an NFL head coach. That he did so without even interviewing John Fox and Marv Lewis should be a huge  mark on his permanent record.I know part of that decision was due to Johnson getting the franchise and doing the NFL a favor by hiring a guy form their minority porgram. But it wasted 5 years before the Pats' dominance came into being. A massive lost opportunity.

Terry Bradway to me has always been and inexplicale survivor. Recall he bailed on the GM job so he could commute to Avalon, NJ right at the point the Jets moved to NJ. Also anyone that could sit in a room with Herman Edwards for more than 30 seconds KNOWS he has no business being an NFL head coach. That he did so without even interviewing John Fox and Marv Lewis should be a huge  mark on his permanent record.I know part of that decision was due to Johnson getting the franchise and doing the NFL a favor by hiring a guy form their minority porgram. But it wasted 5 years before the Pats' dominance came into being. A massive lost opportunity.

Indeed, but it would have been just as lost with either John Fox or Marv Lewis.

Indeed, but it would have been just as lost with either John Fox or Marv Lewis.

Yep, and we might still be stuck with one of those guys.  Think the Panthers and Bengals are/were happy with their combined 1 Super Bowl appearance and 0 Super Bowls for all those years?

The Jets didn't bother to interview the DCs of the Jints/Ravens Super Bowl to pluck the idiot Edwards away from Tampa DB coach. The team was coming off a dissappointing Al Groh mess of a season where they crashed and burned the alst 2 weeks of the season. They had an actual decent QB who Edwards stupidly shoehorned into the WCO. There's no polite way to put this-Herman Edwards was and still is a F____ing moron.

I misread that as 'Jack Bauer' and the whole thing was 1000x more awesome.

That said, Bradway has nude photos of Woody in a compromising position with a goat or something. That's really the only explanation for his ability to stick around this long. I hate that they keep former GMs around. I feel like it impedes the new GM from doing his job. If they'd kept Tanny on in some capacity, I was certain nobody would want the job except maybe Cohen.

Yep, and we might still be stuck with one of those guys.  Think the Panthers and Bengals are/were happy with their combined 1 Super Bowl appearance and 0 Super Bowls for all those years?

The Panthers lucked into that one Super Bowl appearance.  I lost track at 11 dropped sure interceptions that opposing teams had vs Delhomme and the Panthers that year (ball thrown right to the defender and he dropped it without any assistance from the intended receiver).  Immediately following most of those dropped interceptions, the Panthers wound up scoring the winning points.  Had even 3 or 4 of those interceptions been caught, in all likelihood, the Panthers wouldn't even have made the playoffs.  If 75% of those interceptions had been caught, the Panthers would have had one of the worst records in the league.

The Panthers lucked into that one Super Bowl appearance.  I lost track at 11 dropped sure interceptions that opposing teams had vs Delhomme and the Panthers that year (ball thrown right to the defender and he dropped it without any assistance from the intended receiver).  Immediately following most of those dropped interceptions, the Panthers wound up scoring the winning points.  Had even 3 or 4 of those interceptions been caught, in all likelihood, the Panthers wouldn't even have made the playoffs.  If 75% of those interceptions had been caught, the Panthers would have had one of the worst records in the league.

Yep.  NFC football was terrible then. 

Archived