Who to start versus Detroit (MERGED)

Jetsfan80

Who will be the Jets QB this year  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Jets QB this year

• Mark starts and plays well all year allowing Geno to watch and learn year 1
    • Mark starts and is replaced by Geno following the bye week
    • Mark plays for a couple of weeks and Geno is brought in by week 4
    • Geno starts and faulters and we are force to try another QB this year
    • Geno goes wire to wire and starts and finishes this season

Fumble machine?  Can we wait until Geno has half the number of NFL fumbles as Sanchez?  Kid has not taken a game snap and you are posting this in every thread.  Fumbling is curable.  Tiki Barber had a huge issue with it and it was solved. I know he was a running back but it's curable.  Geno played with no play book in college and winged it a lot of the time.  Might add to the fumble thing.  Damn dude give the kid a chance. When he gets to five fumble as an NFL player I will put it in my avatar for all to see. Till then give it a rest because it is really approaching trolling at this point. 

Excellent post!!!  Some people are just a bore.  You have to feel sorry for them.

Consider it a done deal.  I have a source saying that Mark was asked to leave a practice due to some sort of attitude/disagreement.  Actually happened last week.  Cant say who or why, but I am surprised it hasnt gotten out.  Maybe Idzik is for real?

Personally I am in the camp of let Mark go out there for the couple weeks minimum to:

1 give the rookie a couple of weeks to absorb more of the NFL and offensive game plan

2 set the bar low as far as performance

3 give the new pieces of the line time to gel

4 health/mental concerns throwing him out there with a brutal early schedual as a rookie

5 if we start the season with Geno, I dont think we could go back to Mark if Geno cant compete just yet

Anywho, book it, Geno to start the season!!!

if there's no proof then it didnt happen.

In minicamp it looked like Sanchez was ahead, on track to at least start the season.

Now, outside of that 7 on 7 drill, the tide seems to be shifting toward Geno now that training camp is underway.

Right from the beginning they said that Geno was better for big plays, Mark better for consistency.  If the team lacks playmakers, which we do, then you start the guy who is more likely to make the big play.

I was thinking Mark might actually have a breakthrough year under Mornhinweg, but it looks like Geno is steadily coming on.  Preseason games can change everything, but that's the way it looks now-Geno overtakes Sanchez and starts Game 1.

In minicamp it looked like Sanchez was ahead, on track to at least start the season.

Now, outside of that 7 on 7 drill, the tide seems to be shifting toward Geno now that training camp is underway.

Right from the beginning they said that Geno was better for big plays, Mark better for consistency.  If the team lacks playmakers, which we do, then you start the guy who is more likely to make the big play.

I was thinking Mark might actually have a breakthrough year under Mornhinweg, but it looks like Geno is steadily coming on.  Preseason games can change everything, but that's the way it looks now-Geno overtakes Sanchez and starts Game 1.

August 6, 2013 3:43 PM

Marty Mornhinweg on Mark Sanchez starting in Detroit: 'He's earned it'

BY Seth Walder

Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said Tuesday that it would be typical for the incumbent QB, in this case Mark Sanchez, to start the first preseason game. But on the fifth-year veteran, Mornhinweg also added, “He’s earned it.”

“He’s had an outstanding training camp,” the coordinator said. “Mark...this is his game. He’ll start and go with the ones. And then certainly we’d like to get Geno in just a little bit with the ones, and then he’ll take the twos.”

Mornhinweg was very complimentary of Sanchez, saying that the QB had a period of about a day and a half when his performance “dipped” but noted that he was proud of the way Sanchez responded late in the Green & White by throwing a long touchdown to Stephen Hill after a generally rough day.

On Smith, Mornhinweg said the rookie began camp very well, but has cooled down somewhat since then.

“(He) had a terrific start of the camp. He did some very good things in the Green & White as well. And he’s dipped just a little bit, so he’s got to recover,” Mornhinweg said. “We’ll see how he rebounds. Today was a little bit better than yesterday.”

Twitter.com/SethWalderNYDN

Well, in fairness, that does becomes a tad more likely when you run face-first into an OL's ass.

Well, in fairness, that does becomes a tad more likely when you run face-first into an OL's ass.

I am still amazed when I think of that play.  I mean, I know Mark is 5'8", but that would be way too tall to run head on into a lineman's ass.   Took special talent.

Sanchez is starting unless Idzik forces wRecks hand...  He loves him

This was likely always the case too.

The day he was drafted, I said Geno should start after the Bye.  We'll be out of contention by then, and it should still give us 7 games to evaluate him.  

When Garrard went down, I changed to hoping Geno would start week one solely for the sake of not having to watch Sanchez.

Truth is, Geno needs more time to learn an NFL offense.  At least he can throw a ball though.

When I lived in the city they used to have bars called "sports bars" that aired football games. There was even a small chance you might find other Jets fans to share your Jetsfanmisery with them.

You should check to see if there are any still in business. But NY such a small city there may not be any left.

(Get the hell out of your apartment & go watch the game. Also you should wear something low-cut.)

Lol smart ass. I'm always too tired from slavish in the evening to go out

Archived