Camp Tweets 8-6

flgreen

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cimini_rich_55_normal.jpg

Ryan won't talk about McKnight's arrest. Won't say if he has a concussion. Says McKnight has "anxiety" when it comes to conditioning test.
8m
Beat Writer / Columnist

0a55ab99202d64c3b64435a0f316f609_normal.
RT @janesports: "We're aware of it," Ryan on Joe McKnight arrest. Says he doesn't know if McKnight has a concussion or not, but does have a…
9m
Beat Writer / Columnist

bc_normal.jpg
Rex says McKnight feels some anxiety when he takes a conditioning test #NYJ
9m
Beat Writer / Columnist

bc_normal.jpg

Rex says it's fair to assume Ivory won't play Friday but it's not 100 percent decided yet #NYJ
6m
Beat Writer / Columnist

0a55ab99202d64c3b64435a0f316f609_normal.
Ivory "keeps talking like he wants to" play vs DET. But Rex admits RB likely won't play cause he's missed so much practice #jets
6m
Beat Writer / Columnist

Not me.  

I'm one of 2-3 other posters huddled in the corner, whispering, "we told em so," to each other. 

I'd probably hold off on getting too excited until Sanchez proves capable of actually doing it during, you know, an actual football game.  Four years worth of evidence isn't exactly on his side.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love if he magically learned how to suddenly be a quality QB, but I'm just trying to be a realist here.

I'd probably hold off on getting too excited until Sanchez proves capable of actually doing it during, you know, an actual football game.  Four years worth of evidence isn't exactly on his side.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love if he magically learned how to suddenly be a quality QB, but I'm just trying to be a realist here.

realism noted.  enthusiasm curbed. 

It's hard being a Jets fan in California; sports talk is limited to "Sanchez sucks, Tebow, butt-fumble, Rex fetish...etc." nobody seems to remember that Mark can actually throw a decent ball on the move because it's been so long.  Mission Viejo is a hop/skip/jump away from me, and a lot of my friends from there are really rooting for him to turn it around. I'm hoping this new offense that moves the pocket, has designed roll-outs, bootlegs and quick-read passes will boost Mark's play, and subsequently his confidence. 

I miss the Mark that was getting benched for diving in the goal-line...Not the Mark that got benched for compiling mental errors.  

viva la headband!

I miss the Sanchez that scrambled and passed for a big gain in OT vs. the Lions back in 2010.  Or the guy that avoided two sacks in that mad scramble against the Browns the same year (hope I have those plays/games right).  But I want to see him for four quarters each game.  He needs to lead the team to points in the 1st quarter of games to turn this around.  Otherwise, I'm totally behind giving the new kid a shot. 

In 2012 Mark Sanchez completed 42.3% of his passes while on the run with 0 TDs and a 28.4 passer rating.

in 2012 Geno Smith had a 5 game losing streak and then took 2 safeties in a loss to Syracuse in the pinstripe bowl. 

Ripping apart Sanchez isn't the same as proving Geno is good.  

this competition is between two below avg players. Sanchez doesn't have to out run the bear he just has to outrun Geno. 

in 2012 Geno Smith had a 5 game losing streak and then took 2 safeties in a loss to Syracuse in the pinstripe bowl. 

this competition is between two below avg players. Sanchez doesn't have to out run the bear he just has to outrun Geno. 

Two points.  One, Geno was playing college football, so your corollary is irrelevant.  Two, did anything in my statement indicate that I think Geno is good?

Now Geno is a below  average player- a guy that in the middle of last season was in the Heisman race and was still one of the top QB in his class draft. He may end up lousy but to dump as below average-common Bit

I miss the Sanchez that scrambled and passed for a big gain in OT vs. the Lions back in 2010.  Or the guy that avoided two sacks in that mad scramble against the Browns the same year (hope I have those plays/games right).  But I want to see him for four quarters each game.  He needs to lead the team to points in the 1st quarter of games to turn this around.  Otherwise, I'm totally behind giving the new kid a shot. 

In 2012 Mark Sanchez completed 42.3% of his passes while on the run with 0 TDs and a 28.4 passer rating.

It's a case of Good Mark-Bad Mark. 

In 2010, Mark lead us on an incredible run. We lost the season opener to Baltimore 9-10.  Then went on a 9-win streak (well, interrupted by a 9-0 loss to offensive powerhouse GB).  We had come-from-behind victories, OT wins, 2 minute drill wins...Mark was a completely different player.

In 2012, Mark was horrible. His top-two receiving options were sidelined, his WR corp (who now plays in Canada) didn't bail him out, and Tim Tebow drained his mojo on good drives.

Like Dan mentions, Mark has NEVER started out hot and that's what he needs to do.  

How long did we hold the record for not scoring in the 1st qtr?  Or like last year, we scored ONE touchdown in all of preseason.  Those factors bleed into the team psyche...and some of that falls on your OC.  

Rich Cimini @RichCimini 22m

Geno Smith's first INT in team drills came on his 79th pass attempt of camp. #Jets
Beat Writer / Columnist

He forgot to write "according to ESPN Stats & Information like he does in every one of his ******* articles.

Two points.  One, Geno was playing college football, so your corollary is irrelevant.  Two, did anything in my statement indicate that I think Geno is good?

Don't mind bit, he's just a tad desperate to make sure he uses every post he makes to somehow attempt to trash any and every move made by the man who dared send away the love of his life, regardless of its complete irrelevancy.

Now Geno is a below  average player- a guy that in the middle of last season was in the Heisman race and was still one of the top QB in his class draft. He may end up lousy but to dump as below average-common Bit

what would you call a QB who can't beat out Sanchez? above average? 

Who said he  is not going to beat out Sanchez- what crystal ball are you using. Rex says take it for what its worth they are even right now.

I know for a fact Geno throws  a much better ball than Mark can dream of. His key will he be able to master the mental and speed of the game

In 2010, Mark lead us on an incredible run. We lost the season opener to Baltimore 9-10.  Then went on a 9-win streak (well, interrupted by a 9-0 loss to offensive powerhouse GB).  We had come-from-behind victories, OT wins, 2 minute drill wins...Mark was a completely different player.

2010 Mark Sanchez was:

19th in TDs

26th in YPA

27th in QB rating

29th in completion percentage

Maybe terrible, maybe it's not actually an open competition, maybe he's a rookie adjusting to an entirely new system in a new league.

The latter should be familiar as it is an argument you made about Gholston for about 4 years.

Who said he  is not going to beat out Sanchez- what crystal ball are you using. Rex says take it for what its worth they are even right now.

I know for a fact Geno throws  a much better ball than Mark can dream of. His key will he be able to master the mental and speed of the game

If Sanchez is terrible, and the competition is even... 

by the way didn't the coaches coddle Sanchez and give him the job without earning it? I am glad they aren't making the same mistake with Geno. Let the kid earn the job. Don't give him the job. 

I'm sorry, is it September already?  They haven't even played one game yet, not even a preseason game.  Relax there skippy.

didnt he throw for like 300 yards in a couple of those games?

Not me.  

I'm one of 2-3 other posters huddled in the corner, whispering, "we told em so," to each other. 

You can have my spot from last preseason to the middle of last season.  Dont mind the stains on the floor, it was a rough year...

Archived