Vidal Hazelton is out with an ACL

The dude was having a good camp. was out on the field alot. im hoping Ryan Spadola can stay healthy because he has a ton of potential and Rex is high on him.

yeah man. no coming back from that during a football season. he is pretty much done. he tore it in College also when he played for the Cincinatti bear cats also. injury prone but had alot of upside.

That is a tough break for him- had a chance to make this roster

at least it opens up an extra roster spot. I got my eye of Ryan Spadola or Zach Rogers. Zach Rogers was used some in mini camp in the kick of return position. heres hoping that they all stay healthy vs the Lions

List of players 2013, with season ending injuries:

Denario Alexander (WR, SD) 

Arelious Benn (WR, PHI) 

Darrius Heyward Bey (WR, IND)   retracted 

Dennis Pitta (TE, BAL)

Percy Harvin (WR, SEA)

Jeremy Maclin (WR, PHI) 

Brian Buluga (LT, GB) 

Vidal Hazelton (WR, NYJ)

Aaron Berry (CB, NYJ) 

Is the equipment getting too light, are the players getting too fast? Should we blame the new (mandatory) knee pads?

Arelious Benn (WR, PHI) 

Dennis Pitta (TE, BAL)

Percy Harvin (WR, SEA)

Jeremy Maclin (WR, PHI) 

Brian Buluga (LT, GB) 

Vidal Hazelton (WR, NYJ)

Aaron Berry (CB, NYJ) 

Is the equipment getting too light, are the players getting too fast? Should we blame the new (mandatory) knee pads?

that one to the packers is a bad one for them. god help us if MAngold or Brick gets injured. We are looking pretty solid right now on the offensive line IMO. cross my fingers for no injuries.

maybe its the new rule about spinning the ball after a catch or the rule against saluting after a touchdown lol

I hate to put it this way, because it really sucks for the kid and I certainly feel for him, but the truth is that every team has to deal with losing guys during camp and preseason, it's just way too common of an occurrence at this time of the year, so as awful as it is to say, you almost have to feel a little lucky when your team is only losing UDFA types to major injuries.  Ideally you'd want everyone to be 100% healthy at all times, regardless of who they are or where they were drafted, but a quick look at that list above shows you how much worse the Jets could have it right now if things had gone differently, because those are some pretty damn important players to those teams.

keep in mind guys i got this news off twitter from Steiney. he is usually up on all the news with all the UDFA's. New York Jets have not officially announced it. my disclaimer lol

Arelious Benn (WR, PHI) 

Dennis Pitta (TE, BAL)

Percy Harvin (WR, SEA)

Jeremy Maclin (WR, PHI) 

Brian Buluga (LT, GB) 

Vidal Hazelton (WR, NYJ)

Aaron Berry (CB, NYJ) 

I would say half of the ACLs this year were of the non-contact variety, like Revis'.  It's just a freak accident, but this year certainly seems to be an outlier as far as season-ending injuries go, I can't remember hearing about this many for an entire preseason, let alone just through two weeks.

I would say half of the ACLs this year were of the non-contact variety, like Revis'.  It's just a freak accident, but this year certainly seems to be an outlier as far as season-ending injuries go, I can't remember hearing about this many for an entire preseason, let alone just through two weeks.

you think its the reduction of the two a day workouts?

I def want to see what this Spadola kid can do in the preseason. Would like someone with more size, but maybe he and Kerley can take advantage of matchups against Linebackers or Nickelbacks while Hill and Edwards occupy the outside.

I def want to see what this Spadola kid can do in the preseason. Would like someone with more size, but maybe he and Kerley can take advantage of matchups against Linebackers or Nickelbacks while Hill and Edwards occupy the outside.

100% agree. love this

Kid reminds me a lot of a Jordan Shipley lite, but during his Texas days before all the injuries in the NFL.  And notbecause he's white, but the fact that they were both track guys who have a very similar style of play...well, not only because he's white.

I wonder why Hazeleton was released whereas Marcus Davis was placed on IR.  Based on reports, it sounded as if Hazelton was having a far superior camp to Davis.

Just curious, did you see where Hazelton was released?  Not that I don't believe you, but I just hadn't seen that report yet.  It's possible the Jets simply put Hazelton on the waived/injured list and will toss him on IR once he clears.  I'm sure others here can given a clearer explanation on how that all works, but I'm pretty sure the benefit of going about it that way is that they can reach a settlement with Hazelton for a reduced amount, which particularly makes sense if they were still unsure if he'd make the final 53.  It might also help in the number of players it allows the Jets to squeeze into camp.

Archived