Spadola & Bohanon

Integrity28

I think Bohanon will be a good player for us eventually, he looks right now like he misses assignments like most rookies do. I like his potential.

I think Spadola will be a 50 catch WR for us eventually.

Leading the team in receptions...

Spadola looks like the real deal. A Chrebet type, he makes the most out of his limited repertoire of talent and he just catches everything he gets his hands on. Can't have too many guys like this. Of course as I write this Rex is probably cutting him AND Matt Simms for giving him a headache in making a tough decision.

that was the jags guys, not a good team

and real offenses don't even use a FB anymore

I'm not basing this on the preseason game vs. the Jags, I'm basing it on watching the Jets for 4 years under Rex and Tannebaum continually going all-in on 75% of the starters being some deranged hodge-podge of ex-stars and high draft picks who don't play to their potential. 

Under that premise, I see a team finally developing role players who can show up, and do their job, from late round picks and the undrafted free agency pool.

Remember these guys are both rookies. The potential I see is that they can be the mortar that is necessary to hold a good team together over the long haul. I'm not touting them as our next wave of studs, I don't want a team full of superstars. I'm touting them as a refreshing wave of much-needed consistent football players which they both have the potential to become. I don't expect it immediately, but I do expect it.

In years past we traded away our late round picks to move up for guys we couldn't resign, and we have cut our promising UDFA's. So... yeah.

Archived