With this news it looks like Bohannon is a lock to make the team

Kleckineau

It's hard to see how he would miss the entire season with a broken scapula.  I broke mine in the 9th grade playing football, and unless my memory is totally failing me, was back playing in 6-8 weeks.  Even if it was more like 10 weeks, that's not the entire season, plus he's in a heck of a lot better shape than I was, and medical care has advanced a lot since those days of leeches and laudinum.

Pretty darn.

Me too. Just giving you a hard time from the other day.  

Can you imagine having a new offense with: a fullback that can catch, a running back that can catch, 2 out of 3 WRs that can catch, and a potentially new quarterback (rumored) that can throw the football to said pass catchers ???

It's hard to see how he would miss the entire season with a broken scapula. I broke mine in the 9th grade playing football, and unless my memory is totally failing me, was back playing in 6-8 weeks. Even if it was more like 10 weeks, that's not the entire season, plus he's in a heck of a lot better shape than I was, and medical care has advanced a lot since those days of leeches and laudinum.

maybe it's the surgery?

It's hard to see how he would miss the entire season with a broken scapula.  I broke mine in the 9th grade playing football, and unless my memory is totally failing me, was back playing in 6-8 weeks.  Even if it was more like 10 weeks, that's not the entire season, plus he's in a heck of a lot better shape than I was, and medical care has advanced a lot since those days of leeches and laudinum.

Good point. Cause a 14 year old in high school freshman ball is the same as a grown man in the NFL. 

Good point. Cause a 14 year old in high school freshman ball is the same as a grown man in the NFL. 

huh?  That was exactly my point.  Obviously Hilliard is a lot bigger, stronger and in much better shape than I was, am or have ever been, and he should heal a lot faster anyway, never mind the advances in medical treatment.  Thus it's hard to imagine that he'd take a significantly longer time to heal and recuperate than I.  His break could be worse than mine, but I doubt it as my break was pretty bad.  He must have some significant ligament or soft tissue damage as well.

If he wasn't put on IR, he would be on the active roster, essentially wasting a roster spot that could be used on an extra WR while Holmes heals.  I don't think they would waste the IR designated for return spot on a FB either.

Bohannon's only 22.  It's not like he's entered the stage where the doctors say, "y'know, at this point things take longer to heal than they used to".

Bohannon's only 22.  It's not like he's entered the stage where the doctors say, "y'know, at this point things take longer to heal than they used to".

Good point. I will remember this for if/when Bohannon goes down with an injury that takes longer to heal than a 14 year old playing frosh ball.

Me too. Just giving you a hard time from the other day.  

Can you imagine having a new offense with: a fullback that can catch, a running back that can catch, 2 out of 3 WRs that can catch, and a potentially new quarterback (rumored) that can throw the football to said pass catchers ???

Blasphemy!!! 

If he wasn't put on IR, he would be on the active roster, essentially wasting a roster spot that could be used on an extra WR while Holmes heals.  I don't think they would waste the IR designated for return spot on a FB either.

Bingo.  It's entirely plausible that Hilliard's injury could allow him to come back before the end of the year, but if his absence will be for any extended period of time, it's possible they simply had no interest in keeping a spot for him and so plan to simply toss him onto IR and be done with it.  Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

Bingo.  It's entirely plausible that Hilliard's injury could allow him to come back before the end of the year, but if his absence will be for any extended period of time, it's possible they simply had no interest in keeping a spot for him and so plan to simply toss him onto IR and be done with it.  Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

I agree both with KSJets and you.  I was just surprised by the announcement that he is expected to miss the whole season.  I would have thought the Jets would have just released him with an injury settlement, leaving him free to sign with another team when he gets well.

I agree both with KSJets and you.  I was just surprised by the announcement that he is expected to miss the whole season.  I would have thought the Jets would have just released him with an injury settlement, leaving him free to sign with another team when he gets well.

I'm sure they talked it over with Hilliard and his agent before going this route.  It could simply be that the Jets don't want to waste a roster spot on Hilliard if he's going to miss significant time, but still like the idea of keeping him around to hedge their bets in case Bohannon doesn't work out and they want to bring Hilliard back around next year for competition.

Archived