With Jets QB Geno Smith getting the start against the Giants, should Mark Sanchez be packing his bags?

DivaMarky

HIT THE ROAD JACK!!!!..... AND DON'T YOU COME BACK NO MO....NO MO ..... NO MO.... NO MO!

When Rex Ryan named rookie Geno Smith as the team’s starting quarterback Saturday night against the Giants, Sanchez had to have felt his heart drop into his stomach. Some are saying the Jets QB competition has been rigged so that Smith comes out as the team’s starter once the regular season begins.

Why not make him the starter? Smith brings a will to win with him to the New York Jets. This kid is excited to be playing in the NFL and it shows. That is something we haven’t seen out of Sanchez in years. He has had his chance and he never seemed able to get the job done.

His leadership abilities aren’t strong enough for him to continue as the Jets leader on the field. It is time for Ryan and his Jets to move into another direction. If Smith has a good game against the Giants, there is no use in the team keeping Mark Sanchez. They should try to deal him while they are still able to get something for him.

Smith will be an inspiration to his teammate and he will do the things that winners need to do to become successful in the NFL. That is another thing we haven’t seen come out of Sanchez in a number of years in New York., It is almost like Sanchez is just existing on the team to collect a pay check.

If the team wants to get back to winning football games and have a shot at the play-offs they need to cut ties with Sanchez and they should do it before the season starts. The team doesn’t need any more distractions. The Jets have been a team for three years filled with distractions.

It is time for the Jets to move into a different direction. If Smith plays well come Saturday night, it is time to end the Mark Sanchez experiment…..

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/with_jets_qb_geno_smith_getting_the_start_against_the_giants_should_mark_sanchez_be_packing_his_bags/14362217

yo....Deep in the OC here....

I'd ask what part...so that I could judge you.  But I'm in the IE right now.  hahaa

Had my lil stints in Orange/Santa Ana, Mission-V, Huntington Beach, Anaheim Hills.  

Best County in the world, if you keep your nose clean. 

Lol, the ie is considered the backwoods of California. Ever talk to people from Long Beach or La, they consider that place the boons.

I love LB but where I'm at, is a 35-minute drive to the surf and a 40-minute drive to the snow.  Property tax sucks, but paying for sunshine is worth it. 

Lol, you didn't like his highly accurate predictions in his threads like this one proclaiming Geno to beat out Mark against the Giants?

I don't care about that stuff. Too many new threads on topics we already have several for. Then the dancing on Sanchez getting injured.

He was of no value to the board.

I don't care about that stuff. Too many new threads on topics we already have several for. Then the dancing on Sanchez getting injured.

He was of no value to the board.

Yeah that was pretty weak. I hate Sanchez a lot but cheering his injury was messed up. But damn 10 posts and banned. Is that a new record?

Geno is legitimately terrible. Now I know why he slipped to us in the second. I am now confused by why the hell we took that bum so early.

Also, I felt bad for Sanchez going down. I know, I was stunned too.

C'mon man it was his first full preseason game. And it was against a fierce giants pass rush. If we could stick behind Mark for like 3 years, we could stick to Geno for at least a year.

C'mon man it was his first full preseason game. And it was against a fierce giants pass rush. If we could stick behind Mark for like 3 years, we could stick to Geno for at least a year.

I know its premature, and I am just talking... but damn dude. He looked really bad. Staring down receivers, and making terrible throws. Balls behind receivers, INT thrown nowhere near an open receiver... and didn't really show any of that famed velocity. He did nothing to show there is hope. 

I know its premature, and I am just talking... but damn dude. He looked really bad. Staring down receivers, and making terrible throws. Balls behind receivers, INT thrown nowhere near an open receiver... and didn't really show any of that famed velocity. He did nothing to show there is hope. 

He just needs time, I expect him to be a much different qb come regular season. I do wonder if their going to start him game 4 though. He needs the reps but after Mark's injury I expect their to be some backlash from the media if they do go and start him.

He just needs time, I expect him to be a much different qb come regular season. I do wonder if their going to start him game 4 though. He needs the reps but after Mark's injury I expect their to be some backlash from the media if they do go and start him.

If Mark is done they have to start Geno. At this point, there is almost no choice. Rex is stubborn. Geno isn't ready. And judging by today, I don't see how he will be by week 1 or week 4.

If Mark is done they have to start Geno. At this point, there is almost no choice. Rex is stubborn. Geno isn't ready. And judging by today, I don't see how he will be by week 1 or week 4.

I don't know man, he didn't really stare down receivers in college, so I don't know what happened here. His accuracy also wasn't to good. I'm guessing it has something to do with his ankle, nervousness, and not completely being in command of the offense. I'm hoping he will clean it up come regular season.

I don't know man, he didn't really stare down receivers in college, so I don't know what happened here. His accuracy also wasn't to good. I'm guessing it has something to do with his ankle, nervousness, and not completely being in command of the offense. I'm hoping he will clean it up come regular season.

Whatever it is, I can't imagine that he had a total collapse of all things tonight, and that it was some sort of anomaly. Prince Amukawockamura even said he jumped the route cause the team saw geno was staring down his receiver of choice. I guess the 31 other teams knew the reality, that Geno's ceiling is pretty damn low.

Whatever it is, I can't imagine that he had a total collapse of all things tonight, and that it was some sort of anomaly. Prince Amukawockamura even said he jumped the route cause the team saw geno was staring down his receiver of choice. I guess the 31 other teams knew the reality, that Geno's ceiling is pretty damn low.

What did the other 31 teams know about Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson?

Geno may prove to be worse than Brooks Bollinger, but I hate this logic.  

You know how many great QBs were not taken in round 1 because of what all the teams "knew" about the then-prospects?

I guess we can chalk it up as a rookie mistake and learning period. Hell, Tannehill still stares down receivers and people act like he's the next Marino. All in all, he needs time. Which is difficult to give him cause the state the franchise is in. Also, he has a pretty high ceiling he just needs more reps and game time experience, I imagine the game is going like 100 miles for him right now. He just needs to calm down and get a feel for the speed of the game.

Archived