Clearly Idzik was behind this

Jetsfan80

It had to do with a miserable present. Don't be purposefully thick. Watching Sanchez be Sanchez and winning 6 or 7 games while Geno developed and ultimately came in was a bearable prospect. Watching Geno develop right before our eyes while winning maybe 2 or 3 games isn't going to be fun. At all.

6 wins with Sanchez (a stretch) isn't really any more fun than 2 with Geno. Let's not act like we lost a good player and I don't take any pleasure in sucking slightly less.

All summer long we've heard about how Idzik was rooting for Geno to win the job, and that he was even trying to HELP him win it.

After 3 Geno interceptions, Idzik panicked. He saw his young 2nd rounder's chances at winning the Week 1 starting nod going down the tubes. So, despite Sanchez having an infected toenail and thinking he had the night off, Idzik demanded Sanchez enter the game with only the 2's and 3's on the line to protect him.

Now he suffers a potential long-term injury, and its Geno time.

family-guy-good-good-o.gif

Two things:

1. Idzik is the GM, not the HC. GMs job is to put a team together while HCs job is utulize those players. You should probably look up their roles for more details.

2. Sanchez may have had 2nd n 3rd teamers protecting him but they protecting him against 2nd and 3rd team Ds.

All summer long we've heard about how Idzik was rooting for Geno to win the job, and that he was even trying to HELP him win it.

After 3 Geno interceptions, Idzik panicked.  He saw his young 2nd rounder's chances at winning the Week 1 starting nod going down the tubes.  So, despite Sanchez having an infected toenail and thinking he had the night off, Idzik demanded Sanchez enter the game with only the 2's and 3's on the line to protect him.

Now he suffers a potential long-term injury, and its Geno time.

family-guy-good-good-o.gif

WTF you talkin' bout?

Coming into this game hellbent on winning vs. the Giants in the Meadowlands sounds like something that would appeal to Woody and his alter-ego Rex. I believe Sanchez has been underwhelming and the thinking was, let's see if Geno can just take the job. He didn't. 

My guess is Rex has been lobbying for Mark, so when the opportunity arose for Rex's guy to come save the day - and deliver the win vs. the Giants that petty Woody wanted - Rex couldn't help himself.

Backfire.

Two things:

1. Idzik is the GM, not the HC. GMs job is to put a team together while HCs job is utulize those players. You should probably look up their roles for more details.

2. Sanchez may have had 2nd n 3rd teamers protecting him but they protecting him against 2nd and 3rd team Ds.

I was mostly just trollin'.  Poorly.

WTF you talkin' bout?

Coming into this game hellbent on winning vs. the Giants in the Meadowlands sounds like something that would appeal to Woody and his alter-ego Rex. I believe Sanchez has been underwhelming and the thinking was, let's see if Geno can just take the job. He didn't. 

My guess is Rex has been lobbying for Mark, so when the opportunity arose for Rex's guy to come save the day - and deliver the win vs. the Giants that petty Woody wanted - Rex couldn't help himself.

Backfire.

This actually sounds pretty accurate.

I think Idzik wants Geno to win the job,   I think Sanchez being forced into this game,  that was all on Rex.   Rex has always been Sanchez'z best buddy for some reason and he's going to sink with him.  If the Jets went 3-13 with Geno and Rex got fired,  he's have been told what to do and how to do it.  If Rex went 4-12 with Sanchez, he'd have gone out his own way.    

I dont' think it was an end of days kind of move, but it was pretty dumb and sometimes when people say Rex is an idiot and a bad HC, moves like this kind of prove that point.     And if going into the 4th preseason game you're thinking of a Trent Edwards,  it's a bad sign for this franchise because if you have no faith in 3 of your QBs(and one is a rookie), what were you planning on the entire time considering nobody wants Sanchez to win the starting job anyway.

Dude, Geno has two major problems:

1. He needs to add 15 pounds of muscle.

2. He doesn't know anything yet.

These are fixable things, imo. I wouldn't write him off for a year. He seems tough enough, he seems smart, and he doesn't look intimidated. He just looks poorly coached.

u r right, he didn't look intimidated as he ran out of the back of the end zone for a safety, those damn coaches told him to do it.

Archived