Props to Vlad Ducasse

TNJet

His first game starting and the Bucs DL has at least one Pro Bowler and is ranked as one of the best in the league.  Let's try to give them some credit.  Maybe the blocking scheme itself is the problem.  The interior of the OL will take some time to gel.

A number of those free-runners came on miscommunications/misreads on who to block, rather than just straight up whiffing. That and Clayborn is a hell of a player and was all over the field yesterday.

This is possible. One thing that I can say is that if it was Sanchez in the pocket he would have been completely blown up. Geno was quite impressive not be be sacked on any of those plays where such a heck of a player like Clayborn has an uncontested shot at you. Thinking about it, Geno had a very good game for what its worth. 

that is why I think Geno handled himself very well yesterday, particularly in the second half.  No playmakers, little protection.  Good job.  He will have his hands full mentally with BB, though.  Yesterday it was guys beating guys, guys blowing blocks.  BB will be tricks, phony looks, and traps.  A little early for Geno, but a step towards his development.  should be fun.

You're right. I actually just said that from another comment that I read. When you look back at the situation a second time it showed very good awareness and a "feel of the pocket" rather quickly. 

I saw Vlad absolutely man handle his guy on several plays. He's going to grow into a beast.

yep your right when the stars align perfectly Vlad can do well but if any improvisation is needed (which it is a lot) Vlad is clueless and frankly that can put a young QB like Geno in harms way really fast.

Archived