Win or Lose...

SenorGato

The Jets can play the Pats. I saw some good things on offense - Ivory's night, Geno still doesn't shake or break more than any rookie should or would...The D obviously is just so ****in' sincere, though I'm seeing Richardson down right now.

Given that this team is supposed to suck ass and fight for the #1 pick according to all the former perts out there, I leave impressed. Malone probably had the worst night of anyone and he's not really a bad punter like this. 

Agreed, Gato. Rex showed his genius again holding Brady under 50%. Unfortunately for Jets fans, we are breaking in another rookie

Let's be honest ... Brady would have thrown for 300 yards tonight if not for all the drops by the Pats receivers.

Defense played well ... front 7 does a great job againt the run, but they still seem to give up the big play when it matters most. 

I mean 3rd down with the game on the line, and everybody in the Stadium knows Edelman is getting the ball.

Maybe we can double him with some d-backs instead of trying to cover him one on one with a LB?

Let's be honest ... Brady would have thrown for 300 yards tonight if not for all the drops by the Pats receivers.

Defense played well ... front 7 does a great job againt the run, but they still seem to give up the big play when it matters most.

I mean 3rd down with the game on the line, and everybody in the Stadium knows Edelman is getting the ball.

Maybe we can double him with some d-backs instead of trying to cover him one on one with a LB?

Brady looked like Geno, minus the turnovers.

The D was lights out. Questioning their effort is silly.

First off, I absolutely loved Michael Irvin laying into Brady in the post-game telling him to knock off his bitching and moaning when his rookie receivers missed a play, mentioning how he didn't see Brady getting  upset when he overthrew two guaranteed tds.  Other than that, I find it a bit hypocritical that some people are saying it's okay for brady to have an off night because he has rookie receivers, but Geno, being a rookie, sucks because he's playing with guys he's only had half a preseason with and most of who just are not good receivers.  I tell you what, that throw Geno made where he stepped up into the pocket, knowing he was going to take the hit, told me a lot about him.  He made some poor decisions, I wish holmes and the receivers fought a bit more for those balls that got knocked up in the air, but I still like a lot what I saw from him.  I think you have to be realistic here; we have two winnable games coming up and if you told anyone at the beginning of the season that we could be 3-1 and only lost to the Pats by 3, everyone would have taken it.  You have to keep it in perspective. We knew what we had coming into the season, lets just hope our young guys develop and we stay competitive in games. 

Brady looked like Geno? Not sure what game you were watching, but that's just silly. Brady throws on time, Geno does not. If you can't see that, than I probably shouldn't even bother trying to answer your post.

And where did I question the defensive "effort"?

Strategically, trying to cover Edelman with a LB on 3rd down with the game on the line is just plain stupid. 

That's on the coach.

Not fielding punts in a game where field position means everything is just plain stupid.

That's on the coach.

The Jets can play the Pats. I saw some good things on offense - Ivory's night, Geno still doesn't shake or break more than any rookie should or would...The D obviously is just so ****in' sincere, though I'm seeing Richardson down right now.

Given that this team is supposed to suck ass and fight for the #1 pick according to all the former perts out there, I leave impressed. Malone probably had the worst night of anyone and he's not really a bad punter like this. 

Ivory and Powell both ran well, for sure. 

Geno is cool. Reminds me of Flacco's composure... if he keeps his head like that, he'll eventually minimize the mistakes. Considering his lack of experience, and both QBs had WRs dropping the ball constantly, I'd say he played almost as well as Brady.

The defense played good - would have preferred more pass rush - Brady's numbers were hurt by drops, like Geno's. We shut their run game down though.

Rex wasted his challenge, and Rex/Geno wasted almost all of the time outs. 

Overall, we over-achieved. We outplayed the Patriots, just didn't win.

First off, I absolutely loved Michael Irvin laying into Brady in the post-game telling him to knock off his bitching and moaning when his rookie receivers missed a play, mentioning how he didn't see Brady getting  upset when he overthrew two guaranteed tds.  Other than that, I find it a bit hypocritical that some people are saying it's okay for brady to have an off night because he has rookie receivers, but Geno, being a rookie, sucks because he's playing with guys he's only had half a preseason with and most of who just are not good receivers.  I tell you what, that throw Geno made where he stepped up into the pocket, knowing he was going to take the hit, told me a lot about him.  He made some poor decisions, I wish holmes and the receivers fought a bit more for those balls that got knocked up in the air, but I still like a lot what I saw from him.  I think you have to be realistic here; we have two winnable games coming up and if you told anyone at the beginning of the season that we could be 3-1 and only lost to the Pats by 3, everyone would have taken it.  You have to keep it in perspective. We knew what we had coming into the season, lets just hope our young guys develop and we stay competitive in games. 

I've always been consistent...you force Brady to throw the ball down the field and he stinks.

Brady looked like Geno? Not sure what game you were watching. Brady throws on time, Geno does not. If you can't see that, than I probably shouldn't even bother trying to answer your post.

And where did I question the defensive "effort"?

Strategically, trying to cover Edelman with a LB on 3rd down with the game on the line is just plain stupid. 

That's on the coach.

Brady has just as many late/off throws as Geno,  his receivers had just as many drops, only difference is he managed to avoid the INTs.

They sure were!  They were withing a few feet each time that Pats receiver dropped the ball!  And all those sacks and pressures on the QB!  And all those turnovers!  God damn! It was like watching swarming bees out there tonight!

You've got to be kidding.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Okay, so when Brady throws a pass behind his guy - it's the WRs fault. 

When Geno does it - it's Geno's fault.

Dude, both QBs has miscues with WRs. In some cases the throws were bad, in others the WRs were breaking off routes (like the 2nd INT by Geno).

I'm not saying the 2 guys are equal in talent, I'm saying tonight they played similarly.

The Pats are an 8 win team with their current roster. If theyre healthy, sure. 11-12 wins...

Matt -- If the Pats go 8 and 8 this season you name the charity and I will send them a check for $250.  But in order to accept this bet you have to log off and stop posting for the night lol.  Another post of yours in the next 8 hours negates this.  :)

You've got to be kidding.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Brady was 19-39 for 185 yards and one td on a broken play; you don't miss 20 passes just because of your receivers.  His receivers dropped a lot of balls, for sure, but he overthrew a couple guaranteed tds, under-threw a few and made a couple late throws that weren't hitting his receivers in stride.  I'm not saying it's all on Brady, but you don't throw for under 50% and not get some of the blame.

Okay, so when Brady throws a pass behind his guy - it's the WRs fault. 

When Geno does it - it's Geno's fault.

Dude, both QBs has miscues with WRs. In some cases the throws were bad, in others the WRs were breaking off routes (like the 2nd INT by Geno).

I'm not saying the 2 guys are equal in talent, I'm saying tonight they played similarly.

Brady was terrible tonight (in Brady terms)  His WR's gave him zero help.

Matt -- If the Pats go 8 and 8 this season you name the charity and I will send them a check for $250.  But in order to accept this bet you have to log off and stop posting for the night lol.  Another post of yours in the next 8 hours negates this.  :)

Can I get in on this?

I'd like my donation to go to the Catholic Association of the Sacred Heart.  Please make checks payable to C.A.S.H.  Thanks Max!

Brady was 19-39 for 185 yards and one td on a broken play; you don't miss 20 passes just because of your receivers.  His receivers dropped a lot of balls, for sure, but he overthrew a couple guaranteed tds, under-threw a few and made a couple late throws that weren't hitting his receivers in stride.  I'm not saying it's all on Brady, but you don't throw for under 50% and not get some of the blame.

A broken play? Why because all 11 Jets bit on the run and let a reciver run free down the field? That's a broken play?

C'mon 'bro. Dobson dropped a 40 yard pass right in his hands in stride in the 1st half.

Geno threw 3 picks, Brady threw none.

To say they played similarly is kind of crazy.

A broken play? Why because all 11 Jets bit on the run and let a reciver run free down the field? That's a broken play?

C'mon 'bro. Dobson dropped a 40 yard pass right in his hands in stride in the 1st half.

Geno threw 3 picks, Brady threw none.

To say they played similarly is kind of crazy.

I didn't mention Geno once in my post, so I'm not exactly sure where or how you infer I said he played similarly to Brady.  Drobson dropped a few, yes, but Brady overthrew him twice that were guaranteed TDs, he did the same exact thing last week against buffalo and he's been doing it for the last few years. 

Since you brought up Geno, we can mention his drops as well; hits Gates in their redzone on a perfect pass that hits of his chest pad, gates dropped another in the second half after his nice diving catch, hits spadola right in the numbers, hits gates in the endzone, winslow didn't have to dive for his pass, hits stephen hill in the hands and those are only the ones I remember which were absolute dimes. You can't say that Brady's numbers are the result of his receivers, but Geno's numbers are all on him, it's beyond comical. They both played in sh*tty conditions, with terrible receivers, except Geno is a rookie, not a HOF vet, who only got half a preseason worth of snaps with these guys.  Geno stood in and took a few hits on tough completes, that tells me a lot about him and his teammates are really going to love him for that.

I'm sorry that I used "sincere" to describe the D. That said, this D is looking good. Surprised by the competence of the young DBs behind Cromartie so far.

There was a little playing with the clock too with Wilkerson cramping up and Richardson (hopefully anyway, well timed anyway), though the INT and runoff killed it. Nice try THO! I was like woo Rex!

What else did I see...missed the Hill pass but that happened. I saw another pass to Hill where he found the open spot for a first or inches, took the spot, Smith saw him, threw, and Hill caught it. It was a very WR-y play for a guy who needs to look more like a pro WR this year. Mentioned Ivory's running...Didn't see much of Powell, but I did see a slick FB dive...Gates and Smith seem to want to get an NFL game connection going but it's slow so far, they seem to be tight...DeMario Davis got a little excited after stuffing a third down run in the first half, but it was a nice ass play with some help from Wilkerson...Wilkerson is the new Richard Seymour in the division, an absolute stud who lines up wherever he and Rex feel like on the DL (Dareus in Buffalo is a beast too)...Calvin Pace still has something in the tank and is here to play...

Lets not forget when Sanchez was actually being praised....

http://deadspin.com/5364180/mark-sanchez-overpraise-poised-to-annoy-the-hell-out-of-us

Mark Sanchez Overpraise Poised To Annoy The Hell Out Of Us

Mark Sanchez possesses a certain je ne sais quoi. So how to describe him, just two games into his NFL career? If only there were some hackneyed bit of praise that elevates competence into a kind of holy state ...

Clifton BrownSporting News:

USA Today headline:

Sanchez's poise. ...

Peter KingSports Illustrated:

... Sanchez's poise creates excitement for N.Y. Jets

Tom PedullaUSA Today:

What made his performance more surprising was his poise.

Extremely poised performer.

Boston Globe headline:

Shalise Manza YoungProvidence Journal:

... showed poise

Manish Mehta, Newark Star-Ledger:

... continues to show poise.

RealScoutsSporting News:

... showing poise under fire.

... showed a great deal of poise ...

Rich Cimini, New York Daily News:

Patriots Insider:

... showed remarkable poise.

... displayed a lot of poise ...

I would really like to see some runs called to the outside, a sweep or two. Cause running up the gut repeatedly is tiresome and predictable. Powell had one run kicked out, and he made some yardage. Mix it up!

I think the RBs are both capable of running inside fine right now to help set up a better October/November/December running situation. Powell has potential to expand his role. Both do, but I like Powell. 

Archived