Report: Revis is not happy, that didn't take long

DRJETS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very happy that Revis is miserable.  I remember reading an article a couple months ago where K. Winslow was saying how playing for Schiano was the worst experience he's had in football.  Said something about not being able to laugh -- like literally not being allowed to laugh.

Revis could have made more money than he could ever spend with the Jets and played for a coach who worshipped him - while being in the media capital of the world. 

I hope the extra cars and bling were worth sacrificing his happiness for.

Punk.

Yep. Which is what I was carrying on about for years. If you have a crappy QB it doesn't matter what else you bring in, what the team's "philosophy" is, or how much you spend. It takes a lot of luck to get as far as we did with Sanchez. You can't bank on that, though. If Geno isn't the answer none of the other stuff will matter. Oh, we'll win more games with a better team around him (like with Sanchez) but we're not winning a superbowl that way unless we get lucky break on top of lucky break, and other teams choking on top of other teams choking. It could happen, but it's not the way that gives you the best odds of success.

I'm glad you finally have seen the light and admit I was right and you were wrong all along. I accept your apology and think your acting so humble now shows real character. :shake:

I think Geno has a strong arm but is inconsistent with accuracy.. something you serious need. We need someone wildly accurate like Teddy. But I'm nearly SURE the Vikes will trade up and get him. Either Vikes or Tampa... not a lot of teams right now that NEEDS a QB

I think Geno has a strong arm but is inconsistent with accuracy.. something you serious need. We need someone wildly accurate like Teddy. But I'm nearly SURE the Vikes will trade up and get him. Either Vikes or Tampa... not a lot of teams right now that NEEDS a QB

I think he's been consistent (in the limited action he's had so far).  He's been consistently throwing behind the receivers.  Sanchez is the one who was inconsistent; his placement was all over the place.  I don't know what a QBC does to fix that.  

It's 2 games.  Too early IMO to say what he is consistent or inconsistent with really.  Especially since a lot of it can be rookie nerves or thinking about his mechanics or footwork because the corrections Lee made with him aren't automatic/instinct yet.

Lee is a top-notch QB coach.  If he thinks we need a new rookie QB next year we'll take one.  

Keep in mind, with Bridgewater, that at the equivalent point last year Geno Smith had an 88% completion percentage and hadn't thrown a pick yet.  Shorter passes or not, joke opponents or not, that's a great percentage for one quarter of one game.  (Full disclaimer:  I don't watch college football and am just looking up numbers)

I think he's been consistent (in the limited action he's had so far). He's been consistently throwing behind the receivers. Sanchez is the one who was inconsistent; his placement was all over the place. I don't know what a QBC does to fix that.

It's 2 games. Too early IMO to say what he is consistent or inconsistent with really. Especially since a lot of it can be rookie nerves or thinking about his mechanics or footwork because the corrections Lee made with him aren't automatic/instinct yet.

Lee is a top-notch QB coach. If he thinks we need a new rookie QB next year we'll take one.

Keep in mind, with Bridgewater, that at the equivalent point last year Geno Smith had an 88% completion percentage and hadn't thrown a pick yet. Shorter passes or not, joke opponents or not, that's a great percentage for one quarter of one game. (Full disclaimer: I don't watch college football and am just looking up numbers)

Do you think it could of been Genos WR's though. He was gifted with Bailey and Austin

Do you think it could of been Genos WR's though. He was gifted with Bailey and Austin

I didn't watch him a lot at WV, which is to say I didn't watch him at all.  It's my understanding he did a lot of really short passes (though accurate) and got a lot of YAC from them.

I don't think it's the receivers, though.  Look at the pick on his attempt to Holmes.  Holmes was running in a straight line and Geno just flat-out threw behind him.  Yeah it sucks that the ball popped up into the air for a pick instead of getting batted to the ground like most of that type of incompletion end up, but the throw was sh*t.  I like the kid but there's no getting around it that he hasn't been leading these guys properly or hitting them in center-mass. 

I didn't watch him a lot at WV, which is to say I didn't watch him at all. It's my understanding he did a lot of really short passes (though accurate) and got a lot of YAC from them.

I don't think it's the receivers, though. Look at the pick on his attempt to Holmes. Holmes was running in a straight line and Geno just flat-out threw behind him. Yeah it sucks that the ball popped up into the air for a pick instead of getting batted to the ground like most of that type of incompletion end up, but the throw was sh*t. I like the kid but there's no getting around it that he hasn't been leading these guys properly or hitting them in center-mass.

I agree . He needs to lead them with the ball. Which could be the problem with accuracy. I won't call him out yet.. but I do believe now is the time to shine. He has great work ethic... I think he can get it done. He just needs protection and weapons around him.

I agree . He needs to lead them with the ball. Which could be the problem with accuracy. I won't call him out yet.. but I do believe now is the time to shine. He has great work ethic... I think he can get it done. He just needs protection and weapons around him.

Nah, he can do it.  He's just thinking about too many things right now.  If he couldn't lead a receiver at all they would have benched him at WV.

No the script is going to go another funny way (well for anyone who isn't a Jets fan, and thrives on Jets fan misery).

Schiano loses the team, they go 1-15, he gets fired. Jets fire Rex, Rex gets hired in TB, gets handed the best D he has had since he left the Ravens, and Teddy Bridgewater, Doug Martin, VJax, M Williams, and C Nicks, and Co, one of the best offensive lines in the league, 10 years later, with both Rex, and Revis having 3 SB rings on their fingers, and 8, out of 10 playoff appearances, it will be the whoa is me SOJ's misery, with just another can't make this sh*t up story!

That will be the ultimate insult.  Worse than the Mo's hit on Bledsoe.

Nah, he can do it.  He's just thinking about too many things right now.  If he couldn't lead a receiver at all they would have benched him at WV.

Agreed, I also feel the same with the receivers, they're just thinking about what to do next that they lose their focus.  Geno's definitely capable of doing it, there was a stretch where he completed 7 or 8 in a row against the Bucs and was just looking absolutely crisp; I even made some remarks to my Uncle that he even lead his RBs properly in screens or check downs that gave them a few extra yards.  He had a few throws that were absolute dimes to Hill, Holmes and Cumberland that they caught and a couple other to Gates and Spadola that hit them right in the chest, which are on them, but he had twice as many throws that were a split second behind them, which is dangerous considering a lot of them were over the middle.  The thing that's encouraging to me is that he's consistently a split second behind, not erratic and throwing high, low, behind, etc. like Mark, which tells me that it's not an accuracy issue so much as a timing issue. That's something that is usually correctable and hopefully will be in this case. 

That throw that he made to Gates in the end-zone, which was dropped, was absolutely a beautiful play.  The kid's got talent, hopefully we can nurture it. 

**In totally unrelated news: after a rookie season where he caught 21 balls for 252 yards, Hill is on pace for an 80 catch 1000 yard season. Not saying he's going to get there, but everyone wanted the kid to make strides and there's no doubt about it that he is.  I think if he comes close to those numbers, that's a great sophomore season for a player as raw as he was/is and a breakout third season is on the horizon. 

Well, Rex Ryan will probably be looking for a new head coaching job after this season, maybe Revis should encourage the Bucs to go after him

If rex is axed by the jets after this season, i hope he goes to the bucs.  Living in tampa, they are my 2nd favorite team by a long shot but my blood bleeds green

Archived