Roster...

jay_psg

Before the draft, most people including me thought the jets had holes in every position on the roster including CB.

But the coaching staff has done a great job in getting the 2nd and 3rd year guys ready to start - Ducasse, D. Davis, Damon Harrison, Bilal Powell, Q.Coples.

Hopefully they can get something out of Hill and get Milliner ready.

Next year, Idzik will have a good cap space to play with in free agency, so he can draft/sign skill position players and have them compete in training camp.

Hopefully, Geno's development comes along at the same rate as the last 3 weeks. 

Before the draft, most people including me thought the jets had holes in every position on the roster including CB.

But the coaching staff has done a great job in getting the 2nd and 3rd year guys ready to start - Ducasse, D. Davis, Damon Harrison, Bilal Powell, Q.Coples.

Hopefully they can get something out of Hill and get Milliner ready.

Next year, Idzik will have a good cap space to play with in free agency, so he can draft/sign skill position players and have them compete in training camp.

Hopefully, Geno's development comes along at the same rate as the last 3 weeks. 

I've been thinking pretty much the same way recently.  My only wish is that we stay with BPA in the draft regardless of position.  Just like this year we go FA for need but of course our FA war chest will be much improved in 2014.  I feel like the sky is the limit with this GM and the core players we have now and Rex and MM. 

Oh and you forgot the mention A. Allen, a 2012 7th rounder starter

I've been thinking pretty much the same way recently.  My only wish is that we stay with BPA in the draft regardless of position.  Just like this year we go FA for need but of course our FA war chest will be much improved in 2014.  I feel like the sky is the limit with this GM and the core players we have now and Rex and MM. 

With so many draft picks and cap space, Idzik will very much have the luxury to take best player available.  This year we DIDN'T think he had that luxury but he did so anyways, and its proving to work out pretty nicely so far.  Richardson and Geno are making immediate impacts. 

I'm sure that's the plan. They'll have more than enough money to address all their needs in free agency (provided they're comfortable sticking with Geno), and will be able to BAP their way thru the draft.

They've drafted pretty well since 2011. The key is and always will be the draft. Teams that you suppose always draft well actually havent recently(Giants, Steelers, Falcons) and you can see it catching up with them.

The 2008, 09 and 10 drafts killed the Jets in 2011 and 2012.

Yes, the 2nd and 3rd year players are starting to step up and in some ways it is an upgrade to what we had, example Bart Scott vs Demario Davis and the o-line. the last 3 high draft picks in the o-line clearly making the impact.

we absolutely need better WR and a tight end or two. Holmes at best is a 2nd WR and Kerley and Hill can be 3 and 4,. Idzik needs to go and get a no. 1 WR and a similarly talented tight end.

Archived